• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle Fighter announced - Mobile.

Guymelef

21200555_1774235252868029_9148160303840973276_o.jpg

Just got this in my mail box.
Capcom Announces All New Puzzle Fighter for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices

DOWNLOAD THE ASSET PACK HERE

The sequel to one of the most popular puzzle games of all time comes to mobile in the all new Puzzle Fighter. Developed by Capcom Vancouver from the ground up, the classic arcade puzzle game gets modernized with a new look and new features for free download on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The game will be coming soon for soft-launch in select countries and a global release is planned for late 2017.

Puzzle Fighter features an outstanding roster of legendary characters and stages from popular Capcom franchises. Fan-favorites such as Ryu, Ken or Chun-Li (Street Fighter), X (Mega Man), Morrigan (Darkstalkers), Frank West (Dead Rising) and more come to life with VO and cinematic special moves. Players pick one main character each with their own strengths and benefits, to face-off in explosive gem-crushing action. In addition, two assist characters can be chosen to further enhance the abilities of the main character. Simple to learn but deep in strategy, this highly addictive puzzle game has players strategically building up gems and destroying them to unleash epic combos that can knock out their opponent. Thrilling real-time versus battles, rewarding single player options and an array of content to unlock await in this ultimate puzzle fight!

A new video and additional assets are available to download from www.capcomeuro-press.com. We'll have much more information to share in the coming months, so please stay tuned to the official website www.puzzlefighter.com.

Thanks,

Capcom PR

LordKano

Just got this in my mail box.

Capcom Announces All New Puzzle Fighter for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices

DOWNLOAD THE ASSET PACK HERE

The sequel to one of the most popular puzzle games of all time comes to mobile in the all new Puzzle Fighter. Developed by Capcom Vancouver from the ground up, the classic arcade puzzle game gets modernized with a new look and new features for free download on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The game will be coming soon for soft-launch in select countries and a global release is planned for late 2017.

Puzzle Fighter features an outstanding roster of legendary characters and stages from popular Capcom franchises. Fan-favorites such as Ryu, Ken or Chun-Li (Street Fighter), X (Mega Man), Morrigan (Darkstalkers), Frank West (Dead Rising) and more come to life with VO and cinematic special moves. Players pick one main character each with their own strengths and benefits, to face-off in explosive gem-crushing action. In addition, two assist characters can be chosen to further enhance the abilities of the main character. Simple to learn but deep in strategy, this highly addictive puzzle game has players strategically building up gems and destroying them to unleash epic combos that can knock out their opponent. Thrilling real-time versus battles, rewarding single player options and an array of content to unlock await in this ultimate puzzle fight!

A new video and additional assets are available to download from www.capcomeuro-press.com. We'll have much more information to share in the coming months, so please stay tuned to the official website www.puzzlefighter.com.

Thanks,

Capcom PR

Dude seriously at least provide a link if you're going to make a OP

Agreed. Puzzle Fighter is one of my favorite games of all time but mobile is my least favorite way to play a video game. I would like to know more about it so I can decide if I'm actually interested or not.

emag

I'm only surprised Capcom took this long. Puzzle Fighter is such an obvious candidate for mobile.

Perhaps deciding upon the form of monetization was the hold-up.

EDIT: Wow, that's ugly.

Saw the thread title and thought "man the old chibi style for these was dope", then I open the link and am greeted with a most distasteful Morrigan, why? WHY?!
Otherwise it seems neat.

The 3d art looks really bad, but it also just looks expected. Just like how traditional puzzle fighter looked like a chibi variant of SF Alpha era sprites, this looks like a chibi variant of the MvC models.

ggx2ac

Someone needs to let this guy know:

Two things.

1. Did Capcom ever release SF Puzzle whatchamacallit on mobiles?

2. Is MHW launching day & date on the PC with the PS4/Xbox One?

Thanks.

His post was recent, so wow at the timing.

That artstyle is hideous. I guess they're placing their bets on the western mobile market? Reminds me of that general style as far as models are concerned.

Jawmuncher

Surely Regina makes it to this right....then again looking at all the other mobile crossover fare I'll be lucky to get the title mentioned by just name.

Mr_Zombie

If th game is to have dozens of characters going for a 2d animation style may not have been worth it

But they could at least have a more appealing 3d art. Make them cell-shaded, more cartoony, whatever. The current characters look like deformed and simplified MvC:I characters :/

The Dink

The original is my favorite puzzle game out there. I'll keep an eye on this as it develops. Hopefully it can catch some of the magic of the original.

Wow, the art style is horrendous. Having Puzzle Fighter on mobile is awesome, but damn. Capcom sure didn't put much effort into this.

Roubjon

It' so nuts how Capcom used to have some of, if not the best art direction in video games. I feel like Monster Hunter and Resident Evil are the only places where they value that part of their old selves.

Top Bottom