• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle Fighter announced - Mobile.

TreIII

Ewwwwwwwww.

I can only hope that all of the artistic talent at Capcom got pulled into Monster Hunter World, because DAMN.

ibrahima

Banned
Oh god the art. This shit looks like a... Oh wait.

There was a time that Capcom referenced 'bad box art Megaman' as a joke, it seems more of an aspiration for them now.

rmanthorp

I wish this did anything for me. I LOVE Puzzle Fighter but the combination of mobile + Capcom increasingly awful art and general production is just killing me.

also Resi5 Jill FUCK OFF

bahamut_24

Neo Member
i love puzzle fighters
i hope for breath of fire rep in this game :O
i think style is just fine, not that horrible, just little awkward, at least to me

Selerulf

Neo Member
R6BN6nV.png

Wow this is ugly. It took like 35 sprites max to make a PF character, they should've went with the art style they used in the SF Puzzle game or SFxAC. Costumes are kinda cool, tho.

This actually require Capcom to make a effort to hire a decent artist.
The assets already exist, though.

Puzzle Fighter IS SO GOOD. One of the best multiplayer puzzle games ever. My favorite gameplay concept in the game is the risk / reward tradeoff where almost losing can also be equivalent to almost winning. When your board is filled with shit and you are about to lose, that's actually your ammunition to fire back a huge attack to your opponent. This game shines when two players are having huge back and forths with each other. IT'S SO GOOD

If this game has good touchscreen controls it might be the first free to play game I drop some time and money into.

Durden77

Keep in mind this is a mobile game. While a sprite artstyle would have definitely been preferred, over half of the battle of mobile games is standing out. This art style will stand out and appeal to the mobile mass audience a lot more than sprites. Just the nature of the market. Capcom's working with that nature, and should. It's the smart thing to do.

And honestly I don't think it looks THAT bad. And there seems to be a lot of nice aesthetic touches like E. Honda in that sushi shop and shit.

Keep in mind this is a mobile game. While a sprite artstyle would have definitely been preferred, over half of the battle of mobile games is standing out. This art style will stand out and appeal to the mobile mass audience a lot more than sprites. Just the nature of the market. Capcom's working with that nature, and should. It's the smart thing to do.

And honestly I don't think it looks THAT bad. And there seems to be a lot of nice aesthetic touches like E. Honda in that sushi shop and shit.
The heavy-ink sprites from the SF puzzle game stand out way more than this.

MrCarter

Puzzle Fighter IS SO GOOD. One of the best multiplayer puzzle games ever. My favorite gameplay concept in the game is the risk / reward tradeoff where almost losing can also be equivalent to almost winning. When your board is filled with shit and you are about to lose, that's actually your ammunition to fire back a huge attack to your opponent. This game shines when two players are having huge back and forths with each other. IT'S SO GOOD

If this game has good touchscreen controls it might be the first free to play game I drop some time and money into.

The first puzzle fighter actually made me fall in love with puzzle games as a genre (also like match 3 style games) and playing this on the go with people all over the world will be friggin amazing. Really want to try this out soon.

vg260

I don't love the art style, but I don't agree with how awful people are saying this looks. I think it looks OK. Maybe I'm just not a connoisseur of this general character style, and I'm missing some subtlety.

entremet

I'd love to know the rational and economics of developing something like this (and thinking that it looks like a winning project) versus just emulating the original and implementing GGPO support.

Gatcha hooks are easier to add from a game created for them from the ground up.

El Sloth

Banned
Remember when Capcom was known both for making beautifully attractive games that also felt excellent to play?

I guess I'll settle for just the latter, but sheesh. Respect your own legacy some more at least

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This art looks like they are combining the worst of mobile game art with the worst of MVC:I art assets. This is a bad look.

Jawmuncher

I think it's fine for a F2P puzzle game. Could be better but for the price of free I can deal. I just want the puzzle goodness

Top Bottom