• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle Fighter announced - Mobile.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Not liking the art style at all. It does look like a mobile title though.

Interested in seeing if this'll gross much for Capcom given their efforts in mobile haven't been too fruitful.

vala

Just recycle this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYHY9C3G0jU

Street Fighter Puzzle Spirits said:
street-fighter-ps.jpg

I really don't know what Capcom is thinking most of the time. Especially with mobile, which they keep pouring money into with no real hits.

I really don't think that artstyle is going to appeal to many, especially in key markets like Japan.

All it takes is a quick look at top grossing charts to see that most users are gravitating towards mobile games with 2D art of some sort.

Shoulda just recycled old assets, made a new UI, put in some gacha, and called it a day.

SaikyoBro

So who do we know about so far?

• Ryu
  • Ken
  • Chun-Li
  • M. Bison
  • Dan
  • Nash
  • E. Honda
  • Blanka
  • Haggar
  • Morrigan
  • Mega Man X
  • Jill Valentine
  • Dante
  • Frank West
  • Chuck Greene
  • Phoenix Wright

Am I missing anyone?

Jawmuncher

So who do we know about so far?

• Ryu
  • Ken
  • Chun-Li
  • M. Bison
  • Dan
  • Nash
  • E. Honda
  • Blanka
  • Haggar
  • Morrigan
  • Mega Man X
  • Jill Valentine
  • Dante
  • Frank West
  • Chuck Greene
  • Phoenix Wright

Am I missing anyone?
Nah I think that's everyone. Shame the only older IPs that don't get new games seem to be Darkstalkers and Final Fight ATM

Durden77

Remember when Capcom was known both for making beautifully attractive games that also felt excellent to play?

I guess I'll settle for just the latter, but sheesh. Respect your own legacy some more at least

I think SFV is gorgeous. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man people chill. I'm hype af for this.

SaikyoBro

I think SFV is gorgeous. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man people chill. I'm hype af for this.

For real. Surely people didn't expect a full console game with HD sprites? I love Puzzle Fighter as much as the next guy but even a PS4 port of the original game feels like asking for a lot.

It's a free mobile game with a bunch of my favorite characters and probably my favorite puzzle gameplay ever, look at it for what it is.

I don’t get it, who seriously thought this looked good and would be alright to launch a product with? Are they hiring from DeviantArt now?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Is this a prequel to super puzzle fighter 2 turbo?
Also, I never thought I'd see 3D in a puzzle fighter game... 2d is truly dead :(

While you're at it Capcom, can we get a puzzle fighter 3 for consoles? 4K puzzle goodness plz

MrCarter

b471c4e2f9febd170ea9c1feff54093f.png

I don't have anything to add because he pretty much hit it on the head. Just another swing and a miss from Capcom.

Bull. Despite the artwork being different and it being similar to most mobile games in present day the gameplay still looks heavily intact.

For real. Surely people didn't expect a full console game with HD sprites? I love Puzzle Fighter as much as the next guy but even a PS4 port of the original game feels like asking for a lot.

It's a free mobile game with a bunch of my favorite characters and probably my favorite puzzle gameplay ever, look at it for what it is.

Nope we need full hand drawn 2D sprites in a F2P puzzle game releasing in 2017.

/s

PantsuJo

Bull. Despite the artwork being different and it being similar to most mobile games in present day the gameplay still looks heavily intact.

Nope we need full hand drawn 2D sprites in a F2P puzzle game releasing in 2017.

/s
This is GAF. This is not a place for casual audience.

We have every right to critique bad and ugly games.
Especially when the ugliness is a fact, not an opinion.

Are you a Capcom fanboy or a Mobile fanboy...?

SaikyoBro

cut it out man

I can definitely admit the characters are pretty ugly (the photoshops are hilarious) but I still think it's cool all these characters are being put into the same artstyle and 3D animated, it's more effort than I would've expected for a game like this tbh. Anyone is allowed to complain of course but this is a situation where I really don't think it's worth it, the game is free.

MrCarter

What is this post? I know gaming side Gaf isn't the place for logical thoughts and discussions, especially when it comes to graphics, mobile games and Capcom, but please try to get off that imaginary high horse. I never once said you can't critique "bad" and "ugly" games but I do think people need to keep their expectations in check. Like I said, I highly enjoyed Super Puzzle Fighter back in the day so to get a F2P game like this on the go is great. Still need to see more of the gameplay to see if it's as good as the one from the 90's.

Durden77

Yo chill. Definitely not a fact. I honestly have no problem with the art style. In fact, I kind of like it.

But I can also understand people's critiques and I think that Bonzi Buddy photoshop is amazing. I think some people are going a little too far with it, like you, but whatever.

MrMephistoX

Man Capcom just can’t catch a break on the art criticism can they? I have a fightcade set up for the original and Gem Fighter so I’m good with the classic stuff and excited about this.

Zaverious

Holy shit. I need this now. Even has mother loving Chuck Greene in it!

Art style looks fine to me. I don't see the problem.

SaikyoBro

Honestly the mobile aspect is what has me most excited, and I rarely download any games on my phone. With the right multiplayer options this could actually be an awesome time killer. Sit down for my lunch break, see who's available (with anyone being able to get it for free), get a couple games in and put it away. I'm all for it, let's get a release date soon.

Nightfall

Huh? Are you actually implying MvC3 looked bad?

I like the game, but I don't like the art style. It's trying to be kinda like cel shaded with those brush stroke outlines but at the same time the characters look like plastic action figures.
In my opinion it doesn't blend very well. And certain characters (like Hulk) just don't look very good.

Just not a look I like.

Top Bottom