• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle Fighter announced - Mobile.

Platy

Yes, if we are going to get one or two Monster Hunter characters for Base Roster then it's more likely we would get more in the future. That's how they would make money on that.

Tweak the model from MVCI into Pocket Fighter?

From Puzzle Fighter to Pocket Fighter.

Expand the roster, make it capcom's answer to smash.
Instead of going "pro focused that casuals might enjoy" from SF5, you focus on the people who have the money

And reusing assets was basically the reason the first pocketo fighta exists, reusing SD sprites from the puzzle game

So making a new Super Gem Fighters Mini Mix for Switch and Ps4 is the cheapest and easiest option for Capcom and we know how Campcom is insanely cheap these days

Narroo

Thread: Puzzle Fighter announced - Mobile. Reply to Thread

"Huh that actually fits for mobile. I wonder what it's like."

"Oh god, eyhuuu..."

Why is it so fucking ugly? I feel like Capcom no longer has any artists that give off the classic Capcom style that oozes charm. Christ.

Platy

Looks like they made the full scale models and just increased their heads.

Zero deformation inside the heads.

Increase the eye and mouth, decrease the nose.
Crank up the cell shading

dan2026

2D animation would be so much better but it wouldn't be so bad if the 3D models weren't ugly as sin.

Capcpom don't care I guess.

I would open my pockets for nice 2D graphics and nice animations. But not for this.
It would be enough if it's animated like Phoenix Wright 1, that was charming.

bumpkin

I think it looks good... I like the concept of the shop with Honda selling food dishes for unlocks, and the ability to customize character colors and get new costumes are nice touches. I'm a little weary that the nickel-and-dining with IAPs is going to be egregious - hey, Capcom's gotta fuck it up somehow - but I love Puzzle Fighter, so I'm psyched to see it return.

My only complaint is that it's not on any consoles. Switch in particular with the two Joy-Cons seems like a no-brainer.

Platy

by the love of any deity you believe please someone gif the shittiest Dhalsim animation behind Ken

I do it =P

Cg7m3u2.gif

Very poor art style. I'll download this but as soon as it has an unskippable, braindead 15-minute tutorial I'll instantly delete it from my phone forever.

qcf x2

I love me some Puzzle Fighter. The style is awful, pixel gacha games do just fine... Not sure if I want it. :-(

vg260

Full match

https://youtu.be/JQrubcaFpHQ

Looks like Puzzle Fighter, which means I'll be all over this. The animations are pretty good too.

Eh, I don't love the art style, but I don't hate it either. I'll be giving it a try even though I wasn't ever too big on the game as far as those Tetris/Columns-like games go. (give me a mobile Klax though!).

Hopefully it's not egregious with the f2p(?) hooks.

I'm not averse to calling Capcom out on its problems lately, but nitpicking over that Dhalsim animation when it's a background NPC animation that appears in a window 1/3 of the screen size in a mobile game seems a bit silly.

Platy

Looks better in actual gameplay ... but still needs some tweeking when they do the Pocket Fighter version

Hot Ryu got robbed. Not sure why they went with the young Ryu when Ken is his SFV version.

To sell you hot ryu back as a costume, same way as SFV

RedBoot

Hot Ryu got robbed. Not sure why they went with the young Ryu when Ken is his SFV version.

Eh, I'm glad they're open to using different styles (and if the game does well, you'll see every Ryu and Ken under the sun eventually). I'm more surprised that Dhalsim isn't his SF5 version and that they still insist on using RE5 Jill.

Anyway, this game looks solid, and it's exactly the sort of thing that Capcom should be making right now (as per some of the discussion in that other Deep Down/State of Capcom thread). Let's just hope they do a good job with it.

Making 3D models per character is kind of a high asset bar for a mobile game, though I assume the SD art style and somewhat uniform body shape saves them some time there. Won't help them if we eventually get stuff like MH Monsters and some of the weirder RE creatures in there though.

Top Bottom