• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 IOTI 60 Brains Per Second, 1080 Pea

JonnyKong

Oh man, I'm gonna be so annoyed when I lose my xp modifiers just because I'm playing some other game. Those crafty bastards.

Oh man, I'm gonna be so annoyed when I lose my xp modifiers just because I'm playing some other game. Those crafty bastards.

A lot of games are doing the whole daily login thing now which is a bit annoying. It is mostly F2P games though. Just spend a minute or two launching it while you are browsing GAF or heading to the bathroom.

Kerned

Banned
I never preorder games, but I find myself sitting here, hovering over the "add to cart" button on Amazon. I had forgotten about the 20% Prime discount on preorder and new games, this is a real game changer (pardon the pun). I loved the first game but didn't have time to play the demo so I don't really know what to expect here.

Lucifon

I've been trying to rank up a bog standard imp who's now on level 8, but I've just unlocked a cool costume for him which has taken me all the way back down to rank 1 :(

That's not a costume, that's a whole class variation :) they have slight variations e.g their gun might fire slower but do more damage or apply a Fire damage over time etc.

Well I preordered after all. I didn't get a good vibe from the beta. To me it felt like modern warfare 2 with explosions going off everywhere. I hope those tweeks will help the game out a bit.

JonnyKong

That's not a costume, that's a whole class variation :) they have slight variations e.g their gun might fire slower but do more damage or apply a Fire damage over time etc.

Oh really? Jesus, I feel like such a noob to all this (which I realise I am).

I've been trying to complete Garden Ops today on Frosty Creek for the daily challenge. It's only on normal and I still haven't managed it. I'm rubbish :(

Lucifon

Oh really? Jesus, I feel like such a noob to all this (which I realise I am).

I've been trying to complete Garden Ops today on Frosty Creek for the daily challenge. It's only on normal and I still haven't managed it. I'm rubbish :(

Have you been building bots/plants in the plant pots around the defend point? They help quite a bit. Might be worth playing with other real players too rather than bots. If you're playing with bots try construct a decent team, e.g a tanky class, healer class, and more damage focused ones. Garden ops is great for rinsing through some of the challenges, e.g killing so many plants with a certain ability, because you can press up/down on the dpad to switch between the other 3 AI teammates so you can complete multiple quests in one session easily! I've found wave 10 on hard is near impossible to beat with 3 AI :(

Anyone getting this on PC?

How are the graphics? A big update from the first?

PC for sure.

It's a massive update from the first. No more clunky menus its all done within a huge open world split between plants, zombies a middle no-mans land area. There's also a ton of secrets to find and collectables, plus more characters and upgrades and game modes.

the best new IP shooter this gen
Splatoon would like a word with you, OP.

No, but in all seriousness, PvZ:GW is a fantastic game. I got into it a little late, but it's a heck of a lot of fun, and has been filling the hole Splatoon left in my heart since my Wii U Gamepad decided to stop working. Each side is unique in their own way, all the classes are fun to play with, and I'm a sucker for the level of personal customization and multiple sub-classes. Also, the Garden Ops mode is great; it's a perfect translation of the original game into a TPS environment. I was a bit worried about cards being necessary for it, but coins drop at a fair rate. Honestly, I'm shocked at how fun it ended up being. My siblings love the heck out of it, too. It's their first PC multiplayer shooter, and they've been having a blast with it.

The sequel only seems to improve on that, and it's got me a little curious. All of the new classes look like a lot of fun, and it seems as if they made the Garden Ops mode even beefier. I'm tempted to buy it sometime, but I don't know... does anyone else have a feeling that they're going to start pumping out sequels for Garden Warfare every few years? I mean, it's only been two years, and as great as 2 looks, It technically wasn't necessary (granted, as much as I want to believe it was made b/c the first was held back by last gen hardware, I don't think that was the case). I'll admit, I'm a bit tempted to hold off and wait for a potential third installment. I'm definitely not done playing with the first one yet.

Great OP! Loved the first game, can't wait to receive my copy of this one.

Do you need ps plus to play online? What about for a 2nd player on the same console?

Preordered this a couple of weeks ago. I thought they ditched the always online aspect though. Hope I don't kicked when playing Ops again.

Really looking forward to this. I did prefer the old characters when playing the beta. I wonder if that'll change.

Lucifon

Small, you lose 0.25 xp multiplier per day.

But it takes 5 smalls to add 0.25 doesn't it? Surely big pin would be 0.25? So how many days does it take from 2x XP to reset back to 1x - as I can't play now until Thursday when it releases in the UK because my trial expired :(

But it takes 5 smalls to add 0.25 doesn't it? Surely big pin would be 0.25? So how many days does it take from 2x XP to reset back to 1x - as I can't play now until Thursday when it releases in the UK because my trial expired :(

Oh I don't know then, I think you're right in this.

RESET THE CLOCKS!

BlackHeron

Neo Member
Thanks for the love guys!

By the way, saw a few PC related questions.

If you are wondering if the port is good, I can tell you that it is awesome.
I have been playing it on PC on Ultra for the last 3 days and it runs amazingly. Stable on 60 fps and the game looks gorgeous.
Granted, my laptop is very powerful (980M and 12 GB of RAM), but the game looks and feels great.
You can also use the PS4 controller if you donwload DS4Windows.

Also, regarding the balancing:
I think the game is already pretty balanced, but I am pretty sure they will re-touch the Imp (slight buff) and Rose (slight nerf) characters.
I think Popcap is waiting for the actual release to see how the characters will do before doing anything.

DJ_Lae

I assume if you purchase the game digitally, you still have to wait until release to play past the 10 hour limit?

We've got less than an hour left, and I've never used up the full trial amount before release.

Caayn

I assume if you purchase the game digitally, you still have to wait until release to play past the 10 hour limit?

We've got less than an hour left, and I've never used up the full trial amount before release.
You'll need to wait till launch sadly.

DJ_Lae

You'll need to wait till launch sadly.

Darn, I suspected as much.

Game is a ton of fun, and my daughter is insanely into it too. She's already disappointed splitscreen isn't working, I'll have to break the limit to her too.

Yaari

Yeah Rose is a joke. Got my 2 Rose's to level 10 with barely any effort. You just have to hold shoot and jump around like a clown.

Fun game though. Played all day.

Edit: hey :). Yeah, some modes I can't enter at all.. Looking forward to launch so there's more people on again.

JonnyKong

I can tell that people's ten hours are coming to an end, hardly anybody online tonight.

Also, I love my new imp variation called Lil' Drake, his Z Mech breathes out fire so I can burn all those bastard plants :D

Edit: hey Yaari *waves*

Wow I thought about picking the game up on Origin (PC) but the trial has completely scared me away due to lack of people playing MP. Console it is, I guess.

Yaari

Wow I thought about picking the game up on Origin (PC) but the trial has completely scared me away due to lack of people playing MP. Console it is, I guess.

Well, Origin on PC is really new, so that doesn't surprise me. I don't think you'll have issues when the game is actually out.

taco543

Honestly whichever version you choose you can't seem to go wrong. It's seems like it's gunna have a large crowd.

me0wish

Splatoon would like a word with you, OP.
If Splatoon didn't exist, PvZ:GW would of easily been my favorite shooter this decade, it feels weird that I actually fell in love with two shooters, especially in such a small time frame.

Anyone getting this on PC?

Add Lulubop on Origin if you're on PC and looking for people to play with.

I am and I added you :D, I don't know if I'll have much time to play, I am also considering refunding it if I didn't like it much, we'll see.

Tbh, I mainly played G&G in GW1, other modes were pretty much dead and I didn't really care. G&G is easily the best mode in the game.

The Argus

Now 6 hours into my trial. Definitely purchasing.

Fuck Rose. I still haven't even played with her but half of my cheap deaths were by her hands/stems/buds(?). She also seems harder to hit than any of the other plants.

Now 6 hours into my trial. Definitely purchasing.

Fuck Rose. I still haven't even played with her but half of my cheap deaths were by her hands/stems/buds(?). She also seems harder to hit than any of the other plants.

Seems to be the consensus that shes gotta be nerfed. Is she invincible when she uses that ghostly ability?

How do you use backyard items? I think they might be decorations for personalizing your backyard.

I'm having a blast with this. Way more than I imagined. Saved myself 90 minutes for tomorrow tonight, but I wish I had more time left.

Top Bottom