• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Episode Pack(Live Action Show), 75GB download on Xbox One

Lingitiz

I've only played like the first hour so far but there were some very intriguing elements already.

The combination of all the powers together with the strong shooting mechanics seems like it could come together well. My main concern is mostly with variety, as I thought Alan Wake fizzled out by the end rather than upping the ante and introducing new scenarios and enemy types.

I'm not sure exactly how it works but isn't streaming generally the same as downloading except you don't get to keep the file? Bandwidth issues be damned.

What if you replay the game?

Also, they should let people preload the cutscenes as a separate data file even if they don't own the game yet.

shandy706

Seriously, is MS doing *anything* right this gen when it comes to exclusives? Every game starts with so much expectations and near release they always manage to fuck something up, often essential things. People just observing this scratch their head how people in charge are responsible for this continued mess and how bad they handle social media the whole gen.

This post makes absolutely no sense.

Quantum Break is fine.

Forza 6 is great.

Sunset Overdrive is great.

Killer Instinct is great.

They haven't screwed anything up with any of those that I've seen. I don't remember any negative media about them.

Did you cherry pick some moment in time and apply it to past and present? Do you only memorize negativity?

There's nothing wrong with an optional download of media either. You have to be looking for a problem to find one here.

5 variations * 88 minutes * 25Mbps average bitrate = 75 gigs.

Hmmmm...can't decide if I want to stream or download. I'd download if the quality is incredible.

ez my internet not even gonna break a sweat.

5196421817.png

Holy shit how is 88 Minutes of footage so damn big

That's how you do Fiber, BT in the UK.

BT's version is some fiber to old copper telephone network cabinets, not to homes and you get about 70 down and 19 up which just gets them up to speed with Virgin Media cable broadband which was copper laid in the ground some 20 years ago and can actually do 200 down these days if you pay.

nib95

Banned
That's how you do Fiber, BT in the UK.

BT's version is some fiber to old copper telephone network cabinets, not to homes and you get about 70 down and 19 up which just gets them up to speed with Virgin Media cable broadband which was copper laid in the ground some 20 years ago and can actually do 200 down these days if you pay.

70 down maybe in certain areas. Best I can get in my area even on fibre is around 25mb. Bloody annoying.

munroe

Think the best fibre in the UK is Hyperoptic as they cable right to the flat and offer gigabit connections, however down side is that, only available in selects blocks of flats

Sorry to bump, but I need help and some questions.

This addon cannot be downloaded yet, right? For me it says bundle only.

I made the QB preorder, try to preload it, but just a black icon appears in my apps section (not in the games list) and QB icon is placed in the ready to install list. If I try to install it again, the process repeats, leaving a blavk icon on my apps... What is up?

I made the QB preorder, try to preload it, but just a black icon appears in my apps section (not in the games list) and QB icon is placed in the ready to install list. If I try to install it again, the process repeats, leaving a blavk icon on my apps... What is up?

It is able to be downloaded.

It should be in your ready to install area (of your game library), if not, go to the Quantum Break game icon in your game library, then select the option to manage game. It should show up there as ready to install.

Maybe try power cycling your console?

TheKeyPit

Banned

Instruction is in the OP:
In order to pre-load go to:

My Games & Apps > Quantum Break > Press your controller's "Menu Button" > Manage Game > Quantum Break Episode Pack > Install

This is if you have already pre-ordered Quantum Break. You can't download this through the store. It will tell you that it is "Bundle Only".

That should do it.

Thanks for both, but my preload QB is a black icon on the apps section, not on the games section. If I press start on it only the option to delete it appears, I cannot manage it.

Will try to turn off and on again my Xbox later today to see if it helps.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Thanks for both, but my preload QB is a black icon on the apps section, not on the games section. If I press start on it only the option to delete it appears, I cannot manage it.

Will try to turn off and on again my Xbox later today to see if it helps.

QB is in the app section? That's super weird. Try a hard reset, too.

Tugatrix

Me and a friend have a doubt, he has a xbox one and pre-ordered the game, and received the pc version included and he want to give it to me, can he do it? like the game comes with a code or is in any way associated with his account?

Me and a friend have a doubt, he has a xbox one and pre-ordered the game, and received the pc version included and he want to give it to me, can he do it? like the game comes with a code or is in any way associated with his account?

The preorder page says that I will receive Alan Wake and its expansion for the Xbox 360 as codes via Xbox message after april 4th. But it does not mention the pc version. It can be either way...

EBE

how do i get this to download?
im downloading the game but the episode pack just says its part of a bundle and wont let me install

MrBS

I finally got this preloaded. My interenet connection managed 2.5-3GB an hour so the long preload window is much appreciated.

UraMallas

how do i get this to download?
im downloading the game but the episode pack just says its part of a bundle and wont let me install

My Games & Apps > Quantum Break > Press your controller's "Menu Button" > Manage Game > Quantum Break Episode Pack > Install

This is if you have already pre-ordered Quantum Break. You can't download this through the store. It will tell you that it is "Bundle Only".

EBE

Manage the game and the pack will be avsilable to download from there.

a bit late, but thanks guys. downloading now. tuesday needs to get here NOW

Got it. Install size is 44GB and there's a 4.2GB day one update. If you guys have any questions I'd be happy to answer them and also, once the OT is up I'll do a 24 hour contest for Alan Wake + all of it's DLC's.

Catdaddy

Thankfully, I can go with a wired connection since I moved the modem into my gameroom. Hopefully I won't have a problem with streaming. It is good that if streaming doesn't work well there is a download option - even if it is show large.

Ertai

So is there no way to preload the episode pack with a physical version? Mine is coming in tomorrow and i'm not looking forward to having to download 75GB worth of content before i start playing

Stupid comcast and their datacaps in my area. My roommates and I already run through 300gb/month every single time so I guess I won't be getting this one day 1... Gonna have to wait for fiber to come in next year

Stupid comcast and their datacaps in my area. My roommates and I already run through 300gb/month every single time so I guess I won't be getting this one day 1... Gonna have to wait for fiber to come in next year

Streaming won't be close to the same amount of bandwidth if you're worried about caps.

Estocolmo

I got the physical edition of the game.

Installed the game, started it and in the menu you can choose downloads. There you can choose to download the Episodes and your taken to the Xbox Store page. BUT even though Ive started the game and passed through the game itself to download the episode pack it still sats Bundle only!

Ricker

I will let them stream...I mean I can watch HD Netflix and all so I dont see how this could suffer from too much buffering...

Top Bottom