• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break rated for PC in Brazil

gypsygib

If MS released all of their first/second party games on PC and I had to buy them through the Windows store and get a live subscription to play online, I'd do it.

Much rather have a PC version and it's cheaper than getting an xone, which I have no desire to purchase.

Banned
I think it's coming as well to PC, but they do not have a good record (Brazilian here) they also rated Gears of War 3, Halo 4 and Halo ODST, Forza Horizon 2 for PC a long time ago, example:

9NbviUd.jpg

I would take this as a grain of salt

Lol just checked the actual site, just some games which were rated for pc in addition to xbox by them I could find within 20 secs:

halo 3, halo 4, halo reach, gears of war 3, gears of war judgement, forza 4

So this rating says absolutely nothing unfortunately...

giphy.gif

Edit: Damn, beaten....
Dreams have been broken this day. :(

GHG

These posts are amazing.

You are still giving MS your money. And I look forward to MS making Xbox a platform that exists outside of a specific platform, so you can really stick it to MS by continuously giving them your money.

Maybe it's not about not wanting to give give Microsoft extra money but more about not wanting a box under your tv that you no longer have any reason to use?

I'm in the same boat to be honest. I'll just get rid of mine if this game comes to the PC. Yes I'll miss out on Forza but I can live with that this gen considering the fact that we are pretty blessed as far as racing games go so far this gen.

Unai

These posts are amazing.

You are still giving MS your money. And I look forward to MS making Xbox a platform that exists outside of a specific platform, so you can really stick it to MS by continuously giving them your money.

Maybe they don't mind giving microsoft money but prefer to play on PC?

How reliable is it...the information, I mean? Does a rating equate to an announcement on the verge of being made?
I am interested in the game, but my budget does not allow me to get another console and feed three plateforms, so buying a PC version would be great.

Yeah I think MS has a real problem in this area. You cannot put an arbitrary pay divide between console and PC and Win10 paywall is a non starter. I don't know how they fix that besides making online MP free on console but that obviously won't happen.

Keep adding value to Xbox Live subs (although tbf given they can be had for £20~ they might not need to), good sales, decent GwG titles and ensure XBL works well then I don't think there is much they need to do.

I'd say they were doing alright with that anyway so I'm not sure sure what else they can do, the amount of people who will bin their consoles/online multiplayer subs for PCs due to free online multiplayer is surely pretty small anyway otherwise they'd have already done it

Keep adding value to Xbox Live subs (although tbf given they can be had for £20~ they might not need to), good sales, decent GwG titles and ensure XBL works well then I don't think there is much they need to do.

I'd say they were doing alright with that anyway so I'm not sure sure what else they can do, the amount of people who will bin their consoles/online multiplayer subs for PCs due to free online multiplayer is surely pretty small anyway otherwise they'd have already done it

It's more of a narrative problem in the long run. People will eventually feel taken advantage of if you offer the same services for free on Win10 PCs vs Xbox consoles. I don't think most XBL users are bothered by the sub because it is good value for dedicated servers awesome party chat etc but that changes if you offer the same for free to others. I don't think GwG is going to make up for that feeling.

Chris1

Easy for us to say but there are people out there who don't care about deals or gwg. I have friends who do nothing but play FIFA or COD and that's the only reason they buy XBL. Even if I tell them about the good games with golds they say they're not interested because they'll never play it. Unless they start offering COD and FIFA day 1 on gwg, then they will never care about the other benefits. They'll still pay for it because they're console games but they're gonna be pretty pissed about it.

I'd still pay for gold for the free games even if they removed multiplayer from it, but knowing that you have to pay for MP while they offer the same service to PC for free is bullshit to me but I know they can't charge on PC. That's why I think barring F2P multiplayer games, 99% of the games that go on PC will be single player focused. Maybe a few remaster like Gears here and there, but any game that's MP focused will stay Xbox only IMO.

Sorry, just got to this thread. Is the general consensus that we think this is happening for sure?

I think it'll happen but probably not for a while and I don't think this rating is indicative of anything.

prag16

Banned
Sorry, just got to this thread. Is the general consensus that we think this is happening for sure?

Most (myself included) seem to think it'll happen.. eventually. Probably not as soon as this (since removed) rating listing would imply.

It's more of a narrative problem in the long run. People will eventually feel taken advantage of if you offer the same services for free on Win10 PCs vs Xbox consoles. I don't think most XBL users are bothered by the sub because it is good value for dedicated servers awesome party chat etc but that changes if you offer the same for free to others. I don't think GwG is going to make up for that feeling.

It seems like a narrative problem among people within a more knowledgable and willing to switch community. Joe who mainly buys Fifa, COD, Destiny, Madden, Halo, Gears etc to play with his buddies isn't going to care its on PC for free. Ok it might not be for MS stuff but its already free on PC now and it doesn't cut into it much.

Clearly MS (and also Sony) don't feel their console business is threatened much by PCs popularity

Easy for us to say but there are people out there who don't care about deals or gwg. I have friends who do nothing but play FIFA or COD and that's the only reason they buy XBL. Even if I tell them about the good games with golds they say they're not interested because they'll never play it. Unless they start offering COD and FIFA day 1 on gwg, then they will never care about the other benefits. They'll still pay for it because they're console games but they're gonna be pretty pissed about it.

I'd still pay for gold for the free games even if they removed multiplayer from it, but knowing that you have to pay for MP while they offer the same service to PC for free is bullshit to me but I know they can't charge on PC. That's why I think barring F2P multiplayer games, 99% of the games that go on PC will be single player focused. Maybe a few remaster like Gears here and there, but any game that's MP focused will stay Xbox only IMO.

Those people also probably aren't going to switch to PC though, so MS don't have a problem there. The people that come up with the narrative are also likely to be the ones that actually think "oh, more new stuff in my gold sub? ok cool".

For the ones that don't like it free on PC, they can go and play on PC if they want and MS will still get paid, but MS want a cut of both pies and I really don't think they will see any sort of significant effect on their console business if they were to put Halo and Gears on PC too, we'll find out if (when) they do it.

Zedox

Honestly, for PC with Live sub...MS just has to come out with a compelling reason to buy into it. Obviously not a mandatory thing like on console (console provides a sure guarantee of stuff that isn't true for PC...that's why they can do that). Obviously GWG is easiest thing to see but MS has to be smart about it because that subscription goes to XBL as well (so if you have a PC and Xbox...it's shared).

So they have to find things that entice gamers on PC to spend money on something, it could be something as easy as a certain percentage off of games like EA Access and early access to games like EA Access...shit, basically EA Access but for PC. Obviously it would be tough for them to sell that because how the PC market it...it's very competitive pricing wise.

Either way, it's going to be interesting what they do on PC. They may not do anything just because most people don't look at the PC as an infringing business to the console business. No one is complaining about having to pay for PS+ for SFV and it's cross-play with PC. I would just keep going until you see a reason for it.

dr_rus

Yeah, I'm sure all those PC gamers pirating the game will help it be commercially successful.

Yeah, and we all know that 1,657,014 ± 28,275 of legit Alan Wake PC owners don't count because some other million has pirated the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But he's right though. If the game was coming to steam they'd say it. In the Xbox wire post a few weeks back they said there upcoming line up. Cobalt is coming to steam where as the other games are Windows 10. They've been saying Windows 10 since last E3

That may end up being the case, sure. I'm not saying that MS will absolutely and most definitely release its Win10 games on Steam.

Sjefen

Remedy have released most of their games to PC and MS seems determined to support PC this gen. In conclusion: I would be more surprised if QB didnt come to PC

Oh boy.

And it's weird that the PC version is already rated. Maybe it's coming on the same day as the Xbox One version?

It is really not that weird. They probably submit it at the same time as the the xbone version to save them having to go through the process twice. This does not indicate same day release at all.

I find it unlikely but I'll sell my Bone today if that's the case.

Why do you find it unlikely that a Remedy game would come to PC? Particularly noting that A) every Remedy game has come to PC B) Remedy seem open to the idea C) Microsoft have talked about their commitment to Windows as a gaming platform.

OK, the third point has been a red herring for years, but still.... this seems far more likely than Halo and Forza to me, especially since Microsoft has basically accepted they can't "win" this generation by virtue of the Xbox One alone.

GRaider81

I think it's coming it just depends when. Will be a wait and see how it sells scenario I feel.

The game has had me considering an X1 but I'm definitely not going to bother now.

It is really not that weird. They probably submit it at the same time as the the xbone version to save them having to go through the process twice. This does not indicate same day release at all.

Isn't this what Blow did for Witness?

Seems like a cost saving measure incase they decide to release on PC.

Top Bottom