• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error | Review Thread (lol)

Draugoth

Gold Member

quantum-error.jpeg

Game Information​

Game Title: Quantum Error
Platforms:
  • PlayStation 5 (Oct 31, 2023)
Trailer:
Developer: TeamKill Media

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 49 average - 0% recommended - 5 reviews

8mXdPXt.png

Critic Reviews​

COGconnected - Mark Steighner - 50 / 100
Quantum Error desperately wants to just be a dystopian sci-fi CGI film, without any pesky gameplay to kill its momentum. Alas, there is a clunky, antiquated, and unrefined shooter wedged between the game’s Unreal Engine 5 cinematics. Love and attention was poured into the cutscenes, but the shooter is malnourished and not very much fun. Next time, just make a movie.
GameSpew - Richard Seagrave - 5 / 10
Credit where credit’s due: considering this is made by just four brothers, Quantum Error aims high, which is admirable. The execution is simply not there, though. This is a game that simply tries to do too much, and as a result feels messy. If you’ve got a lot of patience and really like the idea of being a firefighter caught in a horrifying situation, you might get get something out of Quantum Error. Most, though, will just encounter frustration.
GamingTrend - Henry Viola - 40 / 100
At the end of the day, I ask myself these questions about Quantum Error given the many genres it is trying to tackle. As a shooter game, is it fun? No. As a horror game, is it scary? Nope. As a firefighter simulator, is it cool? Sometimes I guess. Would I recommend this title as a full priced 60 dollar game? Never. TeamKill Media has done a commendable job being only a team of 4 to come up with something this massive and ambitious. However, this is another sad case of biting off more than you could chew. This might be up your alley if you're into janky, B-movie messes.
PSX Brasil - Rui Celso - Portuguese - 55 / 100
Quantum Error's proposal was interesting, but the final product delivers a confusing and nonsensical narrative, harsh gameplay, poor level design, and generic enemies. Only with a good promotion and many fixes for you to risk venturing into the Nomad complex.
WayTooManyGames - Todd Eggleston - 6.5 / 10
Quantum Error still has the chance to become something, if the developers can take a step back and learn and grow. There is love and there is passion, you can feel it, it just outweighs the skill. So, I ask, what are you? Are you a generic asset flip or are you one of the better remasters, an homage if you will, of a never released game from the early 2000s I never had a chance to love?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It’s a shame it was released in this state.

Macaron

Banned
So you're admitting you don't know what you're talking about...
Dude idc if the devs sent your mom a postcard saying they were gonna f her brains out. It takes some serious internet loser miserableness to post online about how much joy you take in someone's hard work seemingly failing. You and the other guy have prob never worked half as hard at anything in life.

These are the guys who said the game can barely run on an XSS and that only PS5's super-fast SSD technology could stream their high-quality assets at the appropriate rate? Yeah, I don't know about that chief. Especially when many of the reviewers are tearing this game apart for its last-gen quality visuals.

I saw some gameplay footage of this game this morning and thought it looked quite good graphically. It's a shame that the developers didn't continue polishing and refining the game to be released sometime in 2024 rather than releasing it now in an already packed month where it will be almost certainly overlooked and ignored by most gamers, not helped by those mediocre review scores.

Macaron

Banned
I hope you actually put your money where your mouth is and buy this game for $60.
Huh? How is that putting my money where my mouth is?

All i'm saying is the crowd who are excited to bash this game now and revel in the devs failure are the most pathetic dweebs in existence. Not sure how that equates to me having to buy the game......

Ozriel

M$FT
Huh? How is that putting my money where my mouth is?

All i'm saying is the crowd who are excited to bash this game now and revel in the devs failure are the most pathetic dweebs in existence. Not sure how that equates to me having to buy the game......

People are happy to bash this game because the devs did their darndest to market this game using console warring notoriety and it doesn’t seem to have worked. Thats not a strategy any sane person should want to see proliferate.

Though from your history, it’s clear why you’re defending this. Hope you reward them with your $60.

Macaron

Banned
People are happy to bash this game because the devs did their darndest to market this game using console warring notoriety and it doesn’t seem to have worked. Thats not a strategy any sane person should want to see proliferate.

Though from your history, it’s clear why you’re defending this. Hope you reward them with your $60.
So the dweebs are less pathetic for reveling in people's failure because the devs wanted to hype the platform their game was gonna be on?

Idk. Not enough for me. I'd still call that crowd the most pathetic and miserable internet losers to exist 🤷‍♂️

MiguelItUp

When they first revealed this, it looked interesting, but we didn't see actual gameplay or anything. But with the devs console warring on Twitter, and then pulling the "we're a small team and we're proud of what we did" card, I'm kind of happy that it's not reviewing well. I feel like they were way too vocal about the wrong things. Hell, for awhile there they were alllllmost talking on social as if they were hot shit, lmao.

Macaron

Banned
When they first revealed this, it looked interesting, but we didn't see actual gameplay or anything. But with the devs console warring on Twitter, and then pulling the "we're a small team and we're proud of what we did" card, I'm kind of happy that it's not reviewing well. I feel like they were way too vocal about the wrong things. Hell, for awhile there they were alllllmost talking on social as if they were hot shit, lmao.
The "were a small team and we're proud of what we did" card? You have never worked hard for anything in your life have you?

Top Bottom