• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error | Review Thread (lol)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I did get it right. You literally are saying "these guys trashed xbox! Thats why its ok for everyone to enjoy the fact their hard work is failing!". Good lord.
What's that? All I read was

BVXuOuH.gif

Cause fuck these guys for trying to make a good game. Lets all laugh at their failure, without even trying it!

Uh, yeah? That’s typically how it works around here. Why would this game be any different?

What’s this nonsense that you can’t laugh at a game failing just because people worked on it and tried to make it good? Pretty sure the NY Giants are trying, doesn’t mean they aren’t a failure and can’t be mocked.

Were you equally butt hurt when everyone laughed at Too Human? Bad things happen when devs are cocky and then release shit games.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
These are the guys who said the game can barely run on an XSS and that only PS5's super-fast SSD technology could stream their high-quality assets at the appropriate rate? Yeah, I don't know about that chief. Especially when many of the reviewers are tearing this game apart for its last-gen quality visuals.
I remember that.

Marks!! Thats some Mark shit. They've earned the laughs.

Macaron

Banned
Uh, yeah? That’s typically how it works around here. Why would this game be any different?

What’s this nonsense that you can’t laugh at a game failing just because people worked on it and tried to make it good? Pretty sure the NY Giants are trying, doesn’t mean they aren’t a failure and can’t be mocked.

Were you equally butt hurt when everyone laughed at Too Human? Bad things happen when devs are cocky and then release shit games.
You can mock whoever you want. And I can think you're a fucking loser spending your time on the internet celebrating people's failures 🤷‍♂️

Love and attention was poured into the cutscenes, but the shooter is malnourished and not very much fun.
This is exactly what I was afraid of after watching all the available footage. How that some developers still think that cutscenes can sell a game? If they were only 4 why spend so much time polishing the cutscenes instead of the gameplay? It's tragic.

Macaron

Banned
Going by your stance on this thread, I don’t think you’re in a position to state anyone’s understanding of anything.

You call people losers, without understanding that you come off as the biggest one here.
I come off as the biggest loser for pointing out how much of a loser you are for celebrating the failure of the devs and this game?

Cool, no problem. Wont catch me melting down about it like you and others in here 🤷‍♂️

DaGwaphics

Watch this masterpiece

A little more than halfway through the video is when he shows the asset store.

Wait, is this the one where the Xbox SSD couldn't handle the textures, or is that a different one? I look at this, I look at Alan Wake 2, it just seems like it shouldn't ever be an issue.

MiguelItUp

Wait, what?
Yeah, it's no different than a lot of indies on Steam that are just asset flips. Is that a bad thing? No, not at all. I mean, as long as it's a playable and functional game and the price is right. I mean, I love Dark & Darker, and about 90% of the game is made up of UE assets. It's what they're there for. Even if a game is a little janky people will accept it if the price is reasonable. But asset flipping, releasing with a large number of questionable issues, AND charging $60 is a bit rough IMO.

What's really impressive is that such a small team was able to get physical copies made. But I still truly don't understand how this passed cert.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
So, the the developer that made comments about series s sounding like ignorant hacks that had no idea how to properly make a game turned out to be exactly that. What a surprise...

Don't talk the talk of you can't walk the walk.

Macaron

Banned
We’re all losers wasting time on the internet 👍
If thats what you need to tell yourself. But I certainly would not consider myself a loser, and I certainly wouldn't be caught dead hopping in a thread on the internet to celebrate the failure of someone's hard work and dreams cause they said something bad about xbox 😱

DaGwaphics

If thats what you need to tell yourself. But I certainly would not consider myself a loser, and I certainly wouldn't be caught dead hopping in a thread on the internet to celebrate the failure of someone's hard work and dreams cause they said something bad about xbox 😱
In a lot of ways, statements like you just made are probably more damning than the posts you have a problem with.

We don't really know if the game is a "failure" to them or that their dreams aren't being fulfilled by the project. This is a tiny little group of people that made this game from what I'm reading. If that is correct, it's probably a case of more elbow grease than money which might leave them in an okay position financially even if sales are really low. Plus, they will have likely learned a lot about the dos and don'ts of the entire process. If they are passionate about what they do, this will be a stepping stone, not the end of the road. No one will remember this game in 5 years time. They can move on, learn from this experience and try again.

Last edited:

Macaron

Banned
In a lot of ways, statements like you just made are probably more damning than the posts you have a problem with.

We don't really know if the game is a "failure" to them or that their dreams aren't being fulfilled by the project. This is a tiny little group of people that made this game from what I'm reading. If that is correct, it's probably a case of more elbow grease than money which might leave them in an okay position financially even is sales are really low. Plus, they will have likely learned a lot about the dos and don'ts of the entire process. If they are passionate about what they do, this will be a stepping stone, not the end of the road. No one will remember this game in 5 years time. They can move on, learn from this experience and try again.
I agree. We don't know. This could still sell well enough to profit. But bad reviews is all that crowd needed to start the parade.

Papa_Wisdom

I've never once heard of this until now. Bummer it didn't turn out good if people were excited about it. Here's hoping the developers land on their feet.

Why's everyone fighting? I offer hugs to everyone here, and if that's not enough....
I want you all to imagine me licking your wrist while you're at a DMV and you doze off. You wake horrified and disgusted, and despite the fact that you'd normally hate everyone waiting at that DMV with you, you're all horrified that I did that and so you all unite in your shared disgust with me, kicking my ass out of the DMV and throwing discarded Big Gulp containers at me as I shamefully leave towards the parking lot and jump in a beat up Oldsmobile to drive away. You all rejoice as you see my tire pop when I turn out of the parking lot.

Unity.
9FIbhNA.jpg

Astray

Gold Member
Judging by the reviews, this is going to be one of those games that will brought up every once in a while in the gaming sphere to meme on.

I might check it out if it gets on deep sale or something, but 2023 has too many big games for me to get to the "B-movie mood

Also I was somehow both correct AND over-optimistic about it.
Looks like a Atomic Heart level of game tbh.

This peaks at 7/10, but I might pick it up on sale as the premise seems unique.

Astray

Gold Member
They are proud of this

youtube-video-gif.gif
I dislike Dreamcastguy, but even I couldn't resist checking out his review, was literally laughing at this exact moment (the hose getting stuck) when you posted the gif.

People need to stop defending this game. It is garbage and the developers are terrible.
It's a lot more awful than it initially seemed, and the devs seem more interested in waging Twitter wars than in fixing their game too.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just bought this, it's on sale for 59% off and I know it received some patches.

Anyone play it? I'll share some thoughts once I've had some time with it.

Top Bottom