• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R&B is coming back strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LoveSummerHateWinter.jpg

The-Dream_Love_vs._Money.jpg

His best albums imo.
I'm still bummed out about IV Play. There's only a few salvagable tracks on it. The-Dream is probably my favorite artist, so the disappoinment really stung.

The albums you posted were basically the shit from start to finish. Love King wasn't on the same level, but still very good. 1977 was mediocre but I can consider it non-cannon.

Ulthwe

This reminds me so much of the 90s

Itunes+Athena's+Erotica+EP.jpeg

Jake & Papa (2014) Soul

1 Handcuffs
2 Where the Wild Things Are
3 Black Opium
4 F**k My Soul
5 Body On Mine
6 All Night Long
7 Closer to Paradise
8 For the Thrill of It All
9 Rumors (Bonus Track)
10 Gun Charge (Bonus Track)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4es827zrqsb6myj/Jake&Papa-+Athena's+Erotica.zip

Trust me on this brehs just trust me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWYBXCei9oA?

This shit bangs extra hard in the ride
Wow, finest shit I've heard this year! I get some traces of Frank Ocean and a spice of The Weeknd here and there, and some subtle old-school flavour.

valeo

Have you seen Adeaze/Nesian Mystik/Fat Freddys Drop too? Bit different, but other NZ artists you might like.

I think Joe Dukie from Fat Freddy's is one of my favourite singers of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnulICA8TG0

Thanks I'll check them out. Never knew that Fat Freddy's Drop was an actual group. I always thought it was just a random name Yarah gave to one of her songs.

fka twigs LP1 august 11/12

01 PREFACE
02 LIGHTS ON
03 TWO WEEKS
04 HOURS
05 PENDULUM
06 VIDEO GIRL
07 NUMBERS
08 CLOSER
09 GIVE UP
10 KICKS

deluxe edition for preorder on the site, comes with prints and a 7" with exclusive song

dvdjamm

http://www.waxpoetics.com/music/dj-mix/new-dope-mix-bedford-box-office-side-b
Clocking in just north of 20 minutes, DOPE by Bedford Box Office (Side B) is finally here, and it’s laced with the right amount of heat to complement the summertime vibes!

Side B of the tape series spotlights eight exciting new records that explores fresh twists on contemporary R&B, vintage soul, and breezy island pop from a carefully curated cast of talented newcomers, as well as established veterans on the indie front.

JenSideBcover-620x620.jpg

Tracklist:

“Island Gyal” Camille Safiya (Produced by Frankie P)
“Skin Deep” Olivia Louise
“Can’t Be” Benny Love
“Falling” Zey Karma
“Back To You” Touchsoul
“My Hearts A Whore” Amber Ojeda
“You Don’t Know Me” Jyspy Jeyfree
“You & Me” Angela McCluskey

RP912

Banned
Dream got an album out though 0_0?

I haven't heard anything from him since his 3rd album. Love his music.

DagsJT

The production on the No More EP is fantastic, can anyone recommend any similar albums? Currently checking out the Shlohmoi EP's on Google Play All Access.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What are the impressions of trigga by trey songz?

I listened to it once, so this is sort of a knee jerk impression but just came off as generic, hypersexual cornball R&B but without the charisma of an R. Kelly or The-Dream. Basically what you'd expect from someone like Trey Songz. If you're into that kind of thing it might be worth a spin but it's pretty forgettable IMO.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I really like that Majid Jordan EP. Def worth a listen if you dig thaf UK smooth electronic R&B vibe. Like Bondax but leaning more R&B fhan electronic. Her is one of my favorite tracks of the year so far.

TheOddOne

So Banks' Goddess is releasing September 5.

BanksGoddessCover.png

Anybody signed up to do the OT for it? Would love to do it, if nobody else wants to.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

This is really good, especially considering it's tracks that didn't make the cut for the studio album. I was worried he wouldn't be able to follow-up Late Nights the mixtape, but it looks like he might. Late Nights: The Album is out September 30th. Hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom