• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.Mika's Critical Art is censored in the latest build of SF5

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

What does this mean for Hot Ryu?
Only his upper half is exposed. I'm more worried about Urien being put in a burka.

No one cares when men are sexy.
The dumbest part of this change is the the ass slap was the least offensive part of Mikas design. Why get rid of it? It was hilarious.
Seriously

I'm not a big fan of her outfit in Alpha or here in SFV. Something less titillating (I'm so sorry) and garish would have been nicer.

What about the people who are easily offended by a creator making their own decisions about their own product? Are they wack as well?

Yes, I'm sure the time spent putting in ass physics was all an accident, right? Lol

They caved to pressure. That's the reality of the situation. Own it, but don't act like it was what they intended.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It will always be in our dreams.
Rip. Buttslap. 2015-2015.

Fuck people who see sexism everywhere and can't deal with human body.
Ok... For the love of god...no one who supports altering things like a camera zoom in on a butt slap:
-can't deal with the human body
-is a puritan
-wants to censor everything
-is too easily offended

That comes up every time whenever people misuse the word censorship.

Battlechili

Banned
no costume was changed. it's not even out in japan
I corrected myself; I don't follow Street Fighter so I hadn't realized. I feel silly now.

Why would OP post this then if the game is still in development? Its extremely misleading.
What happened with Skullgirls?
What did skullgirls do?
Some animation frames were edited to remove panty shots (not all of them. There are still plenty of panty shots). Just a few, although from what I've heard it was done because the team felt that some of their animation frames weren't up to par with the rest and the frames looked awkward and out of place. Not actually done out of any desire to censor things. Or so I've heard.

Dali

Seems like such an arbitrary change. Between camy's thong and look at my ass win pose, Laura's thong, Mika's thong and death by sny snu critical art, and super jiggle physics the thing that went over the line was the ass smack?

Noaloha

I do not give a flying shit. Just do me a solid and make me a game about fighting, Capcom. I don't need or prefer a game about titillating fighting.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, I'm sure the time spent putting in ass physics was all an accident, right? Lol

They caved to pressure. That's the reality of the situation. Own it, but don't act like it was what they intended.

What pressure? Can you seriously point to like a single article or something of people being mad about this?

Good lord the only people easily offended here are people who are SO MAD at little changes like this.

Keeping the outfit and everything but removing the butt slap is silly though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Guys that is not censorship , it is called localization.

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

What pressure? Can you seriously point to like a single article or something of people being mad about this?

There actually was some blog outrage, and a bit of outcry in SFV Beta and reveal threads. They were definitely outnumbered, but they were there.

Glad I'm on the PC version... they'll just mod it back in... along with fixing all the play dough hair and maybe replacing that tutorial/story art with something more serviceable.

Edited one or two animation frames for some of the characters to show less panty shot. People made such a big deal about it that they started asking for refunds and the developers felt the need to respond.

And let us remember, the people angry enough to demand refunds over some removed underwear shots aren't the crazy ones. They're the normal ones. It's everyone else who is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom