• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.Mika's Critical Art is censored in the latest build of SF5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
5rhYt5F.gif

But this is perfectly fine people!
Jesus.

murica

This is a fairly pointless change if they weren't going to change the rest of the character design.

Not saying they should (I like R. Mika!), but censoring out the ass slap but having her bare ass cheeks there regardless doesn't really 'fix' anything for the people bothered by that in the first place. Just give her an alt costume with her more dressed up people can switch to and call it a day. Hell give every character a 'fanservice-y' costume if they're dressed normally and every character like R. Mika a 'modest' costume. Equal opportunities cheese cake everyday.

DeaviL

Banned
Edited one or two animation frames for some of the characters to show less panty shot. People made such a big deal about it that they started asking for refunds and the developers felt the need to respond.

Wel tbh, that's the dumbest thing to waste time on ever.
Don't stick that in in the first place or stand by your decision to do so.

braves01

Banned
It's a good start to making the game a little less about the T&A, but most of the fighters are still half naked and have parts that shake more than a jello mold in an earthquake. Hopefully Ono covers up the fighters more before launch.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The whole thing just looks so weak now and uninteresting now, especially the ending. They may as well have replaced the entire thing with something new if they wanted to censor it.

Huh, that's odd, I expected all the feminists on gaf to praise them for doing this. Or are they finally over the fact that players like eye candy?

I think they should just make all the characters slap their ass before doing their super. Birdie could struggle to reach his ass because he's too fat.

#assslapequality

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
:(

Yes everyone, Mortal Kombat can be shown perfectly fine, but a butt slap by a wrestler is so offensive to my puritanical sensibilities! Better cut it out!

What a sad day

wuth

Holy shit, americans.. lol

How is a butt slap worse than this?!

That's an M-Rated game where the central draw is the violence. This is a cartoony game aimed at a general audience.

Though the butt slap is a strange thing to draw the line at, considering the costumes.

It will always be in our dreams.
Rip. Buttslap. 2015-2015.

Fuck people who see sexism everywhere and can't deal with human body.

Every single post you make is the worst post I have ever read.

You reverse engineer incredible falsehoods from people's posts and use them as fodder for your own narrow-minded vitriol. You make false equivalencies constantly. You have arguments with yourself and derail threads as a result.

Please stop.

mollipen

It's a good start to making the game a little less about the T&A, but most of the fighters are still half naked and have parts that shake more than a jello mold in an earthquake. Hopefully Ono covers up the fighters more before launch.

Why? There's a perfectly fine balance of clothing styles for the female characters as-is currently in the game. What's wrong with some of them being a bit more on the sexy side? You've got male characters like Necalli and Zangief and Dhalsim who are also half-dressed, so it isn't like a female characters-only thing.

Huh, that's odd, I expected all the feminists on gaf to praise them for doing this. Or are they finally over the fact that players like eye candy?

Yes, because all feminists are no-fun-having sexy-character-hating people.

Kusagari

R. Mika is literally the one character in the series who has a logical reason for her state of undress and propensity to flaunt it.

Maybe they should put some pants on Cammy instead of this mess.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Everything about this character has been sensationalized drama from the day of the reveal. I'm so over it, I just want to play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom