• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.Mika's Critical Art is censored in the latest build of SF5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basketball

But the women in MKX dress more conservatively now, and that's all that matters.

8DhSlFX.gif

There are people in this thread that think like this

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Do you want to have Street Fighter V or a game with breast physics and butt slaps? The public gets centered around 1 or 2 things and I guess this gears the attention at something else.

Could you imagine how things would be like if we consistently got to see Cammy players just because she's wearing cammo over her legs? Vega licks his claw and no one says anything.

It's annoying that we can't enjoy anything besides the norm anymore. We can't have this or that because there's something fundamentally wrong with it at some point.

Why are people quoting a MK gif?

It's not Capcom and that game was always pulling for an M rating.

Like, I know people/american/whoever the fuck have different standards between the two (violence and sexy stuff) and I can see why this removal is upsetting, c'mon. Surely there is a better comparison.

Battlechili

Banned
The devs of Skullgirls covered up a few of Fillia and Cerabella's more gratuitous pantyshots to be more in-line with the rest of the cast, of course led to extreme RAEG from pantyshot enthusiasts and Loyal Otakus™ across the world.

tumblr_nxc253QYQd1qdf376o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nxc253QYQd1qdf376o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nx9s7aqwPj1qbgb3mo1_1280.png

World War Ass has only just begun.
I think some people were genuinely just convinced that it was done as censorship and were upset about that. Not because they cared about looking at panties. Such people were wrong in the end it turns out (at least it appears that way. Its still kind of vague exactly what was going on here), but its understandable and appreciable that such people would be upset, i think.

How is this censored? The game hasn't been released so everything that changes from now until then is just development changes, they decided to not have those angles/animations in the new build and that is that.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It sucks cause many teen games have worse. No frickin teen rating is an excuse for this shit

Sabas

Banned
So many hometown enthusiasts ITT. I thought it was an amusing quirk and kinda disappointed they changed it, oh well. :(

RM8

Why are people quoting a MK gif?

It's not Capcom and that game was always pulling for an M rating.

Like, I know people/american/whoever the fuck have different standards between the two and I can see why this removal is upsetting, c'mon. Surely there is a better comparison.
Yeah, it's a dumb argument. Different developers, different rating, different audience. Gee, I wonder why Dead or Alive is immune to all this brutal censorship.

LukasF

I think they should just make all the characters slap their ass before doing their super. Birdie could struggle to reach his ass because he's too fat.

#assslapequality

+1.

Put it back in, give Zangief assless skintights and give him the buttslap closeup too. Full-on Ren&Stimpy level of detail. See what the loud anti-censorship folks have to say then.

(it's just a game y'all, relax...)

((...though in the anti-censorship folks' defense I guess, Capcom has quite a colourful recent history.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D196Adtsxg ))

L33T

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FUCKING SHIT I HATE THIS COUNTRY SHIT HOLE
FUCKING CAPCOM I HATE GAMING
FUCKING ASS UP THE FUCKING SHITTER CAPCOM
FUCK CAPCOM FUCK STREET FIGHTER I GIVE UP ON LIFE

The devs of Skullgirls covered up a few of Fillia and Cerabella's more gratuitous pantyshots to be more in-line with the rest of the cast, which of course led to extreme RAEG from pantyshot enthusiasts and Loyal Otakus™ across the world.

tumblr_nxc253QYQd1qdf376o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nxc253QYQd1qdf376o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nx9s7aqwPj1qbgb3mo1_1280.png

Aren't a lot of the Skullgirls artists well known Hentai artists? So what... they're going to fire ZONE next?

Drencrom

Fucking hell, this is actually pissing me off...

That super was amazing and hilarious, why go and censor it and make such a lame replacement?

Kinyou

The devs of Skullgirls covered up a few of Fillia and Cerabella's more gratuitous pantyshots to be more in-line with the rest of the cast, which of course led to extreme RAEG from pantyshot enthusiasts and Loyal Otakus™ across the world.

I can kind of understand why people would be pissed if an already existing character gets censored that way. Even the WWE and 2K didn't wipe everyone's Hulk Hogan dlc when they removed that guy from their history books

grimmiq

Wow..Mika's disinterested face at the end of the Art is terrible. If you're not going to show the slap..remove it entirely, change the animation from the invisible slap and lame point to something like pulling out her mic and shouting something.

Dryk

You know you can choose not to buy things which offend you?
You know that Capcom can choose to change things which offend people right? (I don't even think that was their reason in this case since the game is still unnecessarily titillating overall)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
How is this censored? The game hasn't been released so everything that changes from now until then is just development changes, they decided to not have those angles/animations in the new build and that is that.

You're being far too logical and level-headed for this thread, please remove yourself immediately. This is about people getting mad about people getting mad about people getting mad about

Why? There's a perfectly fine balance of clothing styles for the female characters as-is currently in the game. What's wrong with some of them being a bit more on the sexy side? You've got male characters like Necalli and Zangief and Dhalsim who are also half-dressed, so it isn't like a female characters-only thing.

Yeah plus a female professional wrestler should probably cover up a little more.
Nsfw maybe.
It's funny how people get so upset about mika, whose outfit makes total sense for her background, but nobody talks about Karin who is dressed pretty modestly and appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom