• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.Mika's Critical Art is censored in the latest build of SF5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS9lqWH.jpg

at least keep it in JP/EU version. we don't care about your outrage. don't censor the global version.

Ferrio

Banned
As someone mentioned earlier, the wishbone animation could've just come down to rigging looking bad on some characters (like Zangief for example).

So? It still looks a lot worse now, I don't care the reason. Redo the thing from the down up if you're going to cut away from it's original design.

If you kept the actual animation in there, you may as well show it. I understand that Capcom may want to backpedal from offending anyone, but this feels really half-assed (no pun intended). You can't have your cake and eat it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Basically took the point of the critical art as well as the stance away. Just take her out of the game if its like this. Infact just take cammy out too.

I said this on the other thread and I'll say it again: This isn't censorship. Please read a dictionary.

Some of you are making a really bad case for yourself when this is how you react to games toning down minor shit like a butt slap, blaming strawmen SJWs and having meltdowns on a gaming forum.

Dennis

Banned
You know what is worse than censorship?

Hypocrisy. It is essential now that they be consistent and cover up Ryu and shave off his beard.

Crocodile

This I think is a bit dumb (if this is a real thing). I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of what they were trying to change in the first change and the butt slap was completely in character and over the top in the right way to be fine. If this change came from within (like their own artists decided this).......like why? It seems completely incongruent with their previous decisions for the character (personality + design). If the pressure for the change came from outside then said people seemed to completely miss the point of R. Mika. Plus her outfit is still dumb as hell so if you didn't like it this doesn't even change enough. Also the Super looks weird now - if this was a choice they came up on their own they should redo the Super.

This could totally be unintentional or a glitch though. So perhaps conclusions shouldn't be jumped to.

Also a few posts in here are going off the deep end. So even if this is dumb (because it doesn't accomplish anything/enough) people need to chill a bit

I'm praying for my sanity Allegrian is some terrible, sarcastic troll and doesn't beleive the things they are saying

How would you even know with the new camera angle?

I like this post <3

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I said this on the other thread and I'll say it again: This isn't censorship. Please read a dictionary.

Some of you are making a really bad case for yourself when this is how you react to games toning down minor shit like a butt slap, blaming strawmen offended people and having meltdowns on a gaming forum.

they changed their original intention due to complaints. call it what you what. that is what happened.

maybe we should next discuss how unrealistic her body armour is.

Kusagari

Ono specifically chose the butt slap to tweet out when Mika was revealed.

I have a bridge to sell you if you actually believe they just randomly decided to edit it.

10 years ago women didn't talk shit like they do now, this feminist trend is going too far.

I thought you were joking but now I don't even know what to think. Bruh, please.

Additionally, is it censorship for the devs to change their own product before it even releases? This wasn't forced on them or anything unless I'm misreading the situation.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not exactly begging to see ass slaps in my fighting games, but this seems like a strange and ultimately pointless thing to change.

The devs of Skullgirls covered up a few of Fillia and Cerabella's more gratuitous pantyshots to be more in-line with the rest of the cast, which of course led to extreme RAEG from pantyshot enthusiasts and Loyal Otakus&#8482; across the world.

tumblr_nxc253QYQd1qdf376o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nxc253QYQd1qdf376o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nx9s7aqwPj1qbgb3mo1_1280.png

World War Ass has only just begun.
I think the Skullgirls one is more justifiable since at least Fillia I think is somewhat younger than a lot of the other cast, it's like... less then two dozen frames they (slightly) edited and the creators have been very direct about why they did so. A bit 'too little too late' and I was personally never bothered by it pre-edit, sure, but some of the crazier types are representing the SG fanbase very poorly with the backlash. Also amusing how SG would be brought up as 'artistic freedom' when outsiders would complain about its Tn'A, just for a lot of those types to drop that pretense when they (again, very slightly) edit something only the most obsessive of fans would even be aware of. If you respect the rights of the artist in going all out with boobs and butts, you gotta respect their rights to pull away from that as well.

This change in comparison is just pointless. R. Mika still has her over the top costume, you still know she's slapping her ass off camera, it's incredibly obvious it's been changed, there's no concerns over age and it seems to go against the wacky wrestling types the character was based off in the first place. It doesn't make anybody happy and I can't even really see where Capcom thought they were going with it. It by no means ruins SFV for me but as a dumb but fun cheesecake character R. Mika was fine.

10 years ago women didn't talk shit like they do now, this feminist trend is going too far.
would you also put it as women knew their place 10 years ago

Gren

Lol I'm more bothered by the fact they just moved the camera in order to hide it (I'm aware it's the easiest solution), rather than give her different startup animation. Now it will always bug me when I see it.

I'm sure changing it back wil be one the first PC mods we see.

Fuck you american ultrafeminists, really, fuck you to the death.

Women were so much better 10 years ago.

Man, I get the need to be comical - but some people take this really seriously. Might want to be careful with this sort of sarcastic trolling, you intention can ...

oh wait you're serious

oh no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom