• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.Mika's Critical Art is censored in the latest build of SF5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Are the JP/EU version safe at least?

Probably not.

Did then again, props to Harada for only trolling with threatening to replace Lucky Chloe with a hulked out muscle man guy after complaints about her. Atleast he didn't actually change things cause of that pressure

Basketball

tumblr_inline_ntrls5F92s1rf56fj_500.jpg

next patch

It's fine if they want to make the character less sexual, but

1) Hearing the spank and not seeing it is kind of weird, just take the sound out altogether, and

2) Removing the splits was a bad idea, before it was obvious they slammed their butts into the other character's head, then grabbed their legs to slam them. Now it looks like they have their asses clenched tightly enough to do the slam with their cheeks alone. I don't get what was wrong with the splits aspect anyway.

xenoblade removed a skimpy bikini for a 13 year old girl

improvement made

Not when every elementary school in the area has a restraining area on you. Try to be sympathetic to people like NoKisum, they have to take what they can get.

marrec

Banned
As dumb and unnecessary as this change is its important to remember that this is on Capcom, not the minority of people stupidly offended by it.

This is bullshit.

People bitch about revealing attire act as if that's the only thing female characters ever wear.

Whose complaining though? People keep saying this is the fault of those complaining but I've honestly never heard anyone complaining about the costumes in this game yet.

Well, there is a thing called self-censorship, which can and is often done during the development or creation process. I find the distinction to be the intent of such an edit.

Censorship, unlike what some people on this forum suggest, is not a term specific to any governmental authority or subjugating force that enacts their will on another party. It's not a dirty word. It's just something that happens, naturally. But people can call it editing, if that makes it sound better to them.

But how do you differentiate between "self-censorship" and just making an arbitrary change because that's the way you want it?

Seems to me that "censorship" is an intentionally incendiary word to provoke reaction, especially when used to title threads like this.

eh it is what it is. At least it makes the game less embarrassing to play in front of others.

10 years ago women didn't talk shit like they do now, this feminist trend is going too far.

It's always people with anime avatars. why

You know what, I'm just going to assume you're trolling.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Of course no one knows for sure, but considering how prominently they advertised it, it's hard to believe that they didn't do this because of peoples' reactions
So why would they keep the boob jiggling, revealing costumes, etc.? Lots of unfounded assumptions going on. Not that I'm surprised, of course.

You posted this gif twice already.

But damn if it's not the perfect, most appropriate reaction hahaha.

Stereotyping is cool huh?
image.php

j/k

Kusagari

Whose complaining though? People keep saying this is the fault of those complaining but I've honestly never heard anyone complaining about the costumes in this game yet.

The R. Mika reveal thread on this very forum had people complaining about her outfit.

they changed their original intention due to complaints. call it what you what. that is what happened.

maybe we should next discuss how unrealistic her body armour is.

This is a simple case of a developer that took some criticism of aspects of their game to heart and changing it as so. No one forced them to do this. They are taking feedback and applying it to their game. Is it censorship when a developer takes feedback about a character's broken move and nerfs it?

This isn't censorship.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Might as well take the fighting out and replace it with a debate club.

The rabbit hole is infinite. I don't see the need for them to back up like this when only a small amount of people who were complaining were even going to buy the game anyway for real.

Sai-kun

Banned
Fuck you american ultrafeminists, really, fuck you to the death.

Women were so much better 10 years ago.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FUCKING SHIT I HATE THIS COUNTRY SHIT HOLE
FUCKING CAPCOM I HATE GAMING
FUCKING ASS UP THE FUCKING SHITTER CAPCOM
FUCK CAPCOM FUCK STREET FIGHTER I GIVE UP ON LIFE

10 years ago women didn't talk shit like they do now, this feminist trend is going too far.

this is why i like this change

God watching the video, those changes are barely noticeable, you still see her ass during the move. People crying are acting like R. Mika was completely removed from the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
But how do you differentiate between "self-censorship" and just making an arbitrary change because that's the way you want it?

Seems to me that "censorship" is an intentionally incendiary word to provoke reaction, especially when used to title threads like this.

I guess I've just never viewed the word "censorship" as incendiary. I agree that there's a gray area, but I think the distinction is the intent of such an edit being to not offend someone. Of course, confirming something like that is difficult, if not impossible, unless heard from the creators themselves.

Spman2099

I liked how cheesy and fun her Critical Art was. I was not sexually gratified by it, as some are suggesting people who liked it were, I just thought it was the right amount of cheeky (pun intended).

If they are going to change it, and for the love of God they should be spending WAY more time on Gief's Critical Art, then they should change the butt slam at the end to being twin drop kicks and cover her ass with a little more clothing for the slap. Those changes would make it as good as the original (or at least close) while being less sexually provocative. As is right now, it looks pretty awkward.

Keeping this hobbled version of her Critical Art obviously won't "ruin" the game, or even really hurt it, but taking away tiny bits of fun doesn't exactly make me (a fan) happy either.

Stop being weird, Capcom. Fix the problems that actually exist.

Change her age to 18 if that makes your penor feel better. The fictitious character looks nothing like a human being, it looks like a doll.

She's a fictitious character who looks thirteen.

Not all anime avatars are like that, but jeez, it's almost always an anime avatar when something like that gets posted.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of feminist posters with anime avatars, but a startling number of anti-feminists pick anime avatars.

Warxard

Banned
Pretty much how I feel about it.

Forgive me for not getting my pitchfork out over not seeing a digitized woman slap her ass anymore.

The same people who mock this so called 'outrage culture' are the same people getting outraged over a camera angle change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom