• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rabid Fanboy Post with Fake Info on Last of Us AKA a big FU to Thread Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artadius

GAF likes a good show :)

Fz6am.gif

I love seeing a thread title like that and then sifting through the posts to find where it all went wrong.

Too bad though, sounds pretty good (except for the input lag)

noobasuar

Banned
This thread and the millions of daily "ps3 is the best!" threads have taught me that Sony fans are pathetic.

I tend to agree with this. Every ps3 exclusive is seen as some groundbreaking tittle by them.

It's not surprising though. It's only cause the ps3 is in last place this generation. If it was MS or Nintendo who were in third place we would see the same exact attitude from them.

A.R.K

Come guys, someone who has the magazine confirm what info is correct. I really liked what was in the OP (except the lag thing) :(

I tend to agree with this. Every ps3 exclusive is seen as some groundbreaking tittle by them.

It's not surprising though. It's only cause the ps3 is in last place this generation. If it was MS or Nintendo who were in third place we would see the same exact attitude from them.

PS3 is 3rd?

softie

Please do. I kinda want to see how much of SD's info was true or not.

Mostly to see if he gets the axe.

DO IT! And post pics of each page.
Okeydokey, I'm coming home in a couple of minutes and will post the translation as fast as I can type and translate. ;-)
Posting screens is prohibited by neogaf's rules I think, so I'll give them to you by PM, if it's by the rules (clarification needed).

Melchiah

This thread and the millions of daily "ps3 is the best!" threads have taught me that Sony fans are pathetic.

Why I'm not suprised both of you have only XBL gamertags on your profile. It's almost every time I see a derogatory post, often with a term like fanboy in it, the poster appears to own the opposing system to what he's badmouthing.

As for being last, a 3rd place in NA isn't the same as 3rd place worldwide.

Wow. I called my buddy up and spent a good 10 minutes discussing all of this information with him.

Now I have to tell him it's fake.

Flatline

Banned
That's what I've been led to believe unless you have some sort of proof that it isn't.

It isn't, either it has sold as much as 360 or 1 million more. IDC reported PS3 sales being one million more and opponents of that report tried to prove that the report might be off by a million.

keit4

Banned
It isn't, either it has sold as much as 360 or 1 million more. IDC reported PS3 sales being one million more and opponents of that report managed to prove is that the report might be off by a million.

360 sold 77M units.
PS3 sold 75M units.

It isn't, either it has sold as much as 360 or 1 million more. IDC reported PS3 sales being one million more and opponents of that report managed to prove is that the report might be off by a million.

either way, the 360 and ps3 are still enjoying fairly robust sales at rather high price points. one or both will pass the wii within 2 years.

Flatline

Banned
360 sold 77M units.
PS3 sold 75M units.

I wonder where you pulled that number from. These numbers are impossible and would require PS2, a dying console that has been discontinued, to have sold way more than the previous six months (Sony released combined numbers for PS3+PS2)

Neither of you have a reliable source for the both sides sales within a similar timeframe in 2013, so what is the point? lol

Actually I do, these are numbers collected by official sources, the only question is the PS2 numbers but given the fact that PS2 was in the verge of being discontinued they can't be a lot.

Anyway, I think we went offtopic here so I'll stop posting about the subject even though this is officially a dead thread considering how wrong the info was.

I actually would like a game w/ input lag/lack of precision that is designed around it. If it wasn't so heavy shooter based and your enemies are equally as poor w/ aiming. In real life you wont have pixel perfect fast shoot ability... if the game is solely a shooter however, then that is essential. It sucks that designers aren't allowed to play with the concept, because gamers will lose their shit if it's not perfect.

Anyone else feel like this game is going to be mediocre? That E3 demo was awesome as fuck but it's been like almost a year and we haven't seen anything that compares to that.

IMO Naughty Dog is to medicore to pull of a game that focus on gameplay mechanics. So far this generation that doesn't seem to be their strong suit so it will be very interesting to see how this game turns out.

You wish it were mediocre...what a stupid post.

Melchiah

I actually would like a game w/ input lag/lack of precision that is designed around it. If it wasn't so heavy shooter based and your enemies are equally as poor w/ aiming. In real life you wont have pixel perfect fast shoot ability... if the game is solely a shooter however, then that is essential. It sucks that designers aren't allowed to play with the concept, because gamers will lose their shit if it's not perfect.

I think Silent Hill series did exactly that, and IIRC some people complained about not being able to hit the monsters as good as in Resident Evil for example. I think they kinda missed the point.

Sorral

"New Info on Last of Us AKA a big FU to conventional AAA games"

I'm not kidding you. Lol. I was just wondering if the guy was a viral marketer just hours before it was called as a fake.

Yup! I still have the old tab open. Was going to read it when I had the chance between my classes and I am glad that I had no time whatsoever. :lol

Here:
Jcb70aD.png

Sobriquet

Actually I do, these are numbers collected by official sources, the only question is the PS2 numbers but given the fact that PS2 was in the verge of being discontinued they can't be a lot.

What official sources? It's pointless arguing worldwide sales. MS has given us (rough) numbers; Sony hasn't. If or when they release numbers, then one side or the other can rejoice. Until then, it's all speculation.

That's something that intrigues me when I play console ports of certain PC games.
The added precision of a mouse would sometimes make certain tasks too easy, while it may be just right when played on a controller (ex: Deus Ex HR's hacking.)

It's one reason why I think Red Dead Redemption wouldn't be as fun on PC, as there would be no difficulty to the dead eye mechanic/dualing.

What official sources? It's pointless arguing worldwide sales. MS has given us (rough) numbers; Sony hasn't. If or when they release numbers, then one side or the other can rejoice. Until then, it's all speculation.

Just wait for the OP to release the numbers. He probably has them in his back pocket or something.

noobasuar

Banned
You wish it were mediocre...what a stupid post.

Because they've excelled at gameplay this generation? Isn't this the same company that shipped a game with broken controls and had to have GAF bitch them out before they acknowledged something was wrong?

We'll see what happens but this seems like a very ambitious game that will be hard to pull off.

Because they've excelled at gameplay this generation? Isn't this the same company that shipped a game with broken controls and had to have GAF bitch them out before they acknowledged something was wrong?

We'll see what happens but this seems like a very ambitious game that will be hard to pull off.

yes, the gameplay in Uncharted games was fine. You can call it shallow or linear but the gameplay was never broken. And I beat Uncharted 3 on hard before it was patched, the issue was overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom