• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology announced - 3DS full remake + new scenario

I don't know what to think of a remake considering the original game isn't that old, but that logo... they're teasing a sequel aren't they?

Yeah. I don't like spending resources to remake a game only one gets old. Not to mention its probably in backlogs like mine still. With a remaster the game's usually the same just betier looking and performing.

I was trying to think of a one-gen remake and of course REmake fits the build. The jump from the fifth to the sixth still feels like the biggest to me. And the DS to 3DS is essentially that jump.

syncyes

Here's hoping Atlus USA localizes this eventually. Persona 5 has really been delaying everything :( I can't believe EOV has been out for so long in Japan.

CEJames

giphy.gif

redcrayon

One of the best RPGs (and protagonists) of the last decade, a well deserving remaster. If I'd have been asked to pick a DS rpg that deserved it this would have been one of my top three.

If I had one criticism, I'd like them to speed up combat a little, but I did find the combat system really interesting. The enemy troops sit on a grid (a bit like RPGs where you have a front line and back line), and your attacks can knock them back or pull them forward into different formations, allowing you to hit them with special attacks that hit in various patterns.

The timeline system is interesting too- you hop back and forth exploring the consequences of certain actions.

Indelible

I will double dip if this ever gets localized, it has been long enough since I played the original that this will feel fresh.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Hmm, i still havent gotten around to getting this on the DS. Now i am probably going to wait (and hope) for a localization of this instead.

I guess I should play the original at some point now. A remake means if the game is good it'll probably be worth replaying. Hopefully this comes out in Europe this time.
But I'm still waiting on EOV's localisation.

FC Bayern

Both this and EO5, Atlus.
...And the still unannounced SMT 3DS game.

jmon, Atlus

Hoping if they aren't ever going to localize those at least port them to the Switch.

Not a fan of buying a third 3DS because of region locking. Have an AUS and US one already.

It's such a joke, the AUS 3DS hasn't been touched in a few years because release dates gaps for games for EU v US are disgustingly wide. That, or games don't even come out here at all (RF4).

Here's hoping Atlus is still planning to at least localize EO5, the rumored EO3 untold (would buy a system just for this), RH HD and the SMT unannounced game as you said.

wrowa

A bit disappointed it's just a remake, but then again: I'd never have expected Atlus to ever bother with Radiant Historia again, so all things considered I'm still pleasantly surprised.

Zyrox

Wow didn't expect this. RH was great. At this rate their gonna make me buy a 3DS sometime this year even though I was kinda done with the system already. Definitely hope this gets localized. Atlus pls.

Glass Rebel

Dope. The original is one of my favourite DS games, if this has substantial additions (and comes to the West) I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Tunoku

That text reads like some sort of remake with new content, probably for the 3DS

Not saying I was right, but I was totally right.
It was pretty obvious, really

Now let's hope for a western release. I never had a chance to play the original game.

Wazzy

Banned
Holy shit I love Radiant Historia! I'm not really liking the updated artstyle but I'll play this again any day. The soundtrack is amazing.

Dragner

One of the few JRPGs where the main character looks and acts as a real adult and soldier while still being incredibly charismatic.

A bit disapointed it's a remake ..i wanted a sequel. Still i'll take it.

If i can get a new scenario and some rebalances to the battle system .it'll be great

Philippo

Loved the game to death, one of my Top 10 Best JRPGs Ever, and by far my favourite JRPG protagonist!

Also, not really a fan of added scenarios in remakes, they always feel forced to me :/

Damn wish this was coming to the Switch since it's the only N console i'm planning to buy :(

The characters have VAs now, so the game is probably significantly voiced too.

If they nail Stocke and Heiss VAs, this could be straight out amazing.

And if they ever localize it, it has to have British VO.

Seik

Banned
Didn't play the original but I only heard good things about it.

If it ends up being localized, count me in!

Top Bottom