• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology announced - 3DS full remake + new scenario

elyetis

Buying the original version a couple weeks ago ( even thought I have no idea when I'll end up playing it ) really wasn't such a bright idea....

mhayes86

Hoping for a localization and physical release in NA. Radiant Historia was fantastic, so I'd love to play a remake!

Paltheos

Huh, that's... well, ok. Radiant Historia never really needed a remake, but sure, ok. The original DS version is perfectly serviceable. I mean, I suppose you could clean up the script a bit - There's some stuff in-game that doesn't happen that you always expected would and never came to fruition.

I wonder if we'll get new mixes of the music. Shimomura did good work on this title. Some of the tunes are really great but I have this bizarre interest in hearing remixes atm for some reason. >_>

Oh, so this time-travel game gets a full handheld remake AND bonus scenario (lead up to possible sequel?) but the undisputed King of jRPGs gets ignored.

I see how it is.

Valkyrie Profile could be improved, but not substantially.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
This was a fun game. Hope the new scenario is meaty cause I remember being very happy with the ending which makes me reluctant to return back.

Nice to hear but I can't see this coming west till 2018 and by then I won't even won't to look at my 3DS anymore. I mean hell they still haven't brought over EOV yet.

NekoFever

I'm definitely interested if this gets localised. I loved the original version - one of the few JRPGs that's grabbed my interest enough for me to finish it.

Linkark07

Banned
This reminds me I have to play this gem again.

Will surely buy it again when it releases in the west. Heck, I would even pay the infamous Atlus tax, just for this.

redcrayon

The 3DS is backwards compatible with this game though...
Great game so I don't mind a remastered version but why
It wasn't released in Europe and so EU 3DS consoles can't play it (although obviously DS units can). At least this way it's reasonably likely we'll be able to play it on 3DS through the eshop as they can release it digitally even if a physical release isn't viable here.

Saphirax

It wasn't released in Europe and so EU 3DS consoles can't play it (although obviously DS units can). At least this way it's reasonably likely we'll be able to play it on 3DS through the eshop as they can release it digitally even if a physical release isn't viable here.

The game is playable on a European 3DS.

Intel_89

The 3DS is retrocompatible with DS cartridges from any region (minus a few exceptions like Guitar Hero which required a GBA Slot to attach the guitar grip) so like Saphirax said you can play Radiant Historia on a european 3DS.

Alric

Buying the original version a couple weeks ago ( even thought I have no idea when I'll end up playing it ) really wasn't such a bright idea....

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Figured i'd get to it eventually and now this. So many games get re-releases, remakes, upgrades, etc that sometimes I wonder if it's better to just wait and see.

chadboban

Just to echo what others have said 3DS is region free when it comes to DS games. For example, I have an american 3DS and was able to play through my copy of Last Window: The Secret of Cape West which I imported from Europe since it didn't get a NA release.

Oxx

This is inspiring me to go back to the DS version.

I'll probably have finished it and forgotten what happens if/when the remake comes out in the west.

FluxWaveZ

The character designer is now Masaki Hirooka, changed from the original's Hiroshi Konishi. That would be the reason for why things look different in Famitsu's preview key illustrations, and why some are questioning the design of the new character in relation to what they knew of Radiant Historia before.

Voror

Very nice though of course a sequel would have been perhaps a bit cooler. But hey, I've been wanting to do a replay for a while now. Hopefully this gets localized so I can do so and experience new content too.

Etzer

Would've preferred a Switch remake, but I guess I have another game to play on my 2DS now. This will likely be localized, right?

Koozek

Really enjoyed the first one's story, but got tired of the combat midway through. Should've been more of a Visual Novel type of game with focus on the cool time-travel plot.

zroid

Banned
Man I had been debating whether to buy this on DS for literally years, but never quite convinced myself to pull the trigger

feeling pretty good about that now!

<insert gripe about a Switch version here>

It is a remake with new content, think of it like the ps1 Lunar games, did you pass on those?
No, because I and the majority of fans of that series didn't play the Sega Cd versions.

I played this already, the game didn't leave an impression on me to desire a remake of it.

Kandinsky

Damn I was hoping for a sequel (tho the game didnt really need one lol), or a new game, still probably will day 1 if it comes over.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
3DS is disappointing, but I'll pick it up. I liked the original version, and am interested in the new scenario. Really, the only issue I had with the game was that it didn't have enough unique environments.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
On paper, Radiant Historia is awesome. Jumping between timelines to affect each other in different ways. An involved battle system involving moving the enemy's placements to stack them and chaining your own attacks on the whole stack for massive combos.

In practice, I felt that the timeline jumping was not nearly novel enough to hold my interest and having to do the same actions of guarding so your allies' attacks line up and then stacking the enemies for every enemy encounter became tedious. Basically, the first 15-20hrs was a lot of fun, but the game doesn't do nearly enough with the core concepts to keep the game fresh past the midway point.

Oh man! Would love to play this! Really really hope it'll get a localization - I've only ever heard great things about the original and it's one of the games I really want to play - may as well wait for the remake. Excellent news!

Hate to say it, but I think this one will be a skip. I have the original DS version in my backlog, so that will suffice for now.

I know the 3DS version is likely better, so this is good if you don't have Radiant Historia.

I never beat Radiant Historia, but I did really enjoy what I played of it.

However, I wish there was more music variety. The same couple songs seem to be played pretty often.

Top Bottom