• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radio Free Nintendo | A Nintendo Podcast for Grownups

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I recall, the N64 version of MM Legends is slightly better when it comes to controls, though I haven't played the PS1 version, so I'm unsure. Though I've heard/need to see for myself (I bought Legends 2 for like $4 via PSN sale) that the sequel is much better.

If I recall, the N64 version of MM Legends is slightly better when it comes to controls, though I haven't played the PS1 version, so I'm unsure. Though I've heard/need to see for myself (I bought Legends 2 for like $4 via PSN sale) that the sequel is much better.

Legends 2 uses the right stick like a modern game.

leroidys

I've only played Legends, but being an early PS1 game it had the terrible texturing warping thing going on real bad. Is it better in MM64?

I replayed the game last year and still really enjoyed it, although it does of course have many rough spots. The sequel I didn't enjoy nearly as much. I think you've got to give the game a lot of credit for being a pre-OoT successful 3D adventure game. It beat Zelda to the punch both with Z-targeting, and as Dr. Metts will surely appreciate, voice acting!

I bought Nova 111 on Wii U based on Guillaume's recommendation from last week. I love the game. Thanks so much for letting us know. I had never heard of the game before.

Cindro

I had the most bizarre dream last night: the good doctor and I were standing on top of a gigantic, real-life picross 3d puzzle (I've likewise been addicted to the game since it launched), with the same background and scenery as the game and everything, and I tried to get him into my favorite band by randomly playing him this song. He called it "too saccharine and poppy" for his tastes (even though the song is neither), and then he countered by throwing on some Phish.

That's it! Dream over!

Chalk it up to me listening to his segment on Picross 3d right before bed while also being in mega-anticipation mode of seeing said favorite band in concert in three days. It was one of the oddest mashup of interests I've ever had in a dream though, so I would have been remiss to not share it here :p

I've also realized I've fallen into the very awful habit of only contributing to this thread with comments about segments featuring Jonny or Greg, which I blame on their novelty factors (Greg's voice and speech style is as soothing to me today as it was the day I first heard it, and Jonny is now a rare treat instead of a stalwart mainstay), but it is completely unfair to everyone else.

James - You have done a remarkable job of helming the ship since Jonny's departure, and sometimes I wonder whether you realize that fact or not because it seems like you sometimes get frazzled. I'm sure it feels overwhelming at times balancing the pressure of upholding RFN's legacy on a weekly basis when work and personal demands also constantly vie for your attention, but I hope you never doubt your ability to carry the show forward. You've really grown into your role as a host in a short amount of time, and I hope I can speak on behalf of everyone in this thread by saying we're all thankful for you doing justice to the mantle handed to you.

Speaking of thankful... Gui! Editing duties are no joke, and it's probably the most thankless task of them all. The show wouldn't exist without your weekly diligence on that front, so truly, thank you. You've grown on me so much over the years, too - at first I didn't quite connect with your style, but over time I've come to see you as an irreplaceable edition to the crew. I love the balance you bring to the discussions, and our tastes in games is remarkably similar. I've grown to trust your opinions far more than I first expected, and hope you stay on the podcast for years to come.

And of course, there's the coagulated and musky life-blood of RFN himself - Mister Jon Lindemann. You bring such a reliable levity to the show, such a lackadaisical passion, that RFN will lose a crucial part of its soul whenever you step down (which better be never, by the way). The fashion in which your personality plays off of everyone else is a sight to behold, and the general vibe you bring helps set RFN apart from all of the other gaming podcasts out there. The few weeks were you were gone recently were dark times indeed.

Sincerely, a colossal thanks and kudos to the three of you for being such integral and enjoyable components to a product I genuinely love. Sure, RFN is sometimes rough around the edges, but that to me just proves its earnestness. It's easy to lose sight of the fact that the Giant Bombcast crew, for example, gets paid to record every week. You guys don't. I love the Bombcast too of course, but RFN is hands-down my favorite gaming 'cast on the net. Deep down I was worried about how my interest in the show would change after Jonny left, but here we are over a year later with me having devoured every episode under James' reign.

Enjoy your week off from the show, and then keep up the wonderful work! I <3 you guys.

Weetrick

James - You have done a remarkable job of helming the ship since Jonny's departure, and sometimes I wonder whether you realize that fact or not because it seems like you sometimes get frazzled.

I'd like to second this. Aside from the sudden increase in responsibilities, hosting a Nintendo podcast in 2016 is no easy task. God knows you aren't given much to work with, but you (and Gui, Jon and Greg of course!) have done a fine job. Cheers to you all.

Also, Jonny, you may have left the show but you're still killing it with the book interviews. I'm consistently shocked at how much I enjoy them since I'm not familiar with any of the guests.

To be honest I've had a hard time staying interested in Nintendo this year, but I still listen to every RFN and book interview. That's saying something.

Cindro

Ha, I like your song. It's not something I'd ever listen to in the car or while working, but it would be great on a game soundtrack.
Ah, such an astute observer - almost as if you know a thing or two about the game industry!

They were commissioned to do a song for the very subpar Xbox 360 Diablo-ripoff Sacred 2. They even perform an in-game concert. Yet my undying love for the band wasn't enough to get me to soldier through the title, and I saw them perform the song during a real concert back in 2010 anyway, so no real loss there from not playing the game. Still, I always salivate at the thought of them someday doing a song about a Nintendo franchise, which will never happen, but alas.

I'd like to second this. Aside from the sudden increase in responsibilities, hosting a Nintendo podcast in 2016 is no easy task. God knows you aren't given much to work with, but you (and Gui, Jon and Greg of course!) have done a fine job. Cheers to you all.

This is a great point - James was handed the reigns during one of the driest seasons Nintendo has had in years. In 2017 though, RFN can finally re-enter Nintendo' glorious promised land yet again
when Super Mario Run is released on Android devices worldwide.

Cindro

Ha, I like your song. It's not something I'd ever listen to in the car or while working, but it would be great on a game soundtrack.
Ah, such an astute observer - almost as if you know a thing or two about the game industry!

They were commissioned to do a song for the very subpar Xbox 360 Diablo-ripoff Sacred 2. They even perform an in-game concert (which is unbelievably cheesy since the direction of the game is such generic bland high-fantasy, though the song itself rules). Yet my undying love for the band wasn't enough to get me to soldier through the title, and I saw them perform the song during a real concert back in 2010 anyway, so no real loss there from not playing the game. Still, I always salivate at the thought of them someday doing a song about a Nintendo franchise, which will never happen, but alas.

This is a great point - James was handed the reigns during one of the driest seasons Nintendo has had in years. In 2017 though, RFN can finally re-enter Nintendo' glorious promised land yet again
when Super Mario Run is released on Android devices worldwide

Symtendo

James - You have done a remarkable job of helming the ship since Jonny's departure, and sometimes I wonder whether you realize that fact or not because it seems like you sometimes get frazzled. I'm sure it feels overwhelming at times balancing the pressure of upholding RFN's legacy on a weekly basis when work and personal demands also constantly vie for your attention, but I hope you never doubt your ability to carry the show forward. You've really grown into your role as a host in a short amount of time, and I hope I can speak on behalf of everyone in this thread by saying we're all thankful for you doing justice to the mantle handed to you

I third this! James has done one hell of a job and RFN is still a drop everything and listen event for me!

Thanks guys!

Wasn't Miyamoto directly quoted about wanting to break from the confines of the television many years ago?

That's what made me think of the idea for our segment on RFN 400. I don't know if the tech is ready or affordable yet, but the practical result would be Nintendo magic: take your living room anywhere and play with anyone, in person.

Crimm

I've been trying to reply to this thread for days. It's embarrassing that I haven't been able to. The praise you all have given me is humbling an overwhelming.

I cannot thank you all enough - not just for your kind words but for listening to the show, engaging with us, and letting us know what you think. We cannot do this show without the audience.

Of course - I have to thank the team that makes this show possible. Behind the scenes, off mic, there's so many little things that each of the guys do that I cannot begin to list them all. I love this show, and I love everyone involved with it. 8 years of recording it, a year of hosting, I still feel a moment of existential terror before each recording starts.

Thank you.

While the games have been light this year, there's been no shortage of things to talk about. Emails are the lifeblood of the show. It's the thing that pushes us to cover topics we might not otherwise, it lets us know what our audience is thinking about, and it's where the best conversations happen.

As for the projector thing - consumer electronics is a fierce business and projectors are pretty cheap now. I struggle to see them as a profit center for Nintendo. And while the surface can be uneven, it still needs to be a reflective color (ie: white) in order to be useful as a primary display. I don't have a lot of white walls, irregular or no, in my house.

However, patents and tech can be immensely valuable in licensing. NEC and other companies have similar patents on the book. The only real use of them I've seen in the wild as been during shows (like concerts) where they project images over the stage.

bennyc12

Emails are the lifeblood of the show. It's the thing that pushes us to cover topics we might not otherwise, it lets us know what our audience is thinking about, and it's where the best conversations happen.

The discussion on who is the biggest hunk at Nintendo still gets me to this day.

"The hunk is in the eye of the beholder." -Jon Lindemann

Also the entirety of episode 103.

Ondore

We're back, and they subbed out Jon for his replacement.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/43498/episode-494-a-totally-satisfactory-podcast
Episode 494 "A Totally Satisfactory Podcast" said:
We're back! The additional week of rest gave Team RFN a chance to recharge, and prepare for this week's show. So, of course, one of us couldn't make it. Jon had to tag out, and in his stead we brought in Neal Ronaghan, Director of Nintendo World Report.

It's been a very long time since we've had Neal on the show, so of course we had him lead off New Business with an investigative report on Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. After the last Sonic Boom Debacle, is it possible for Fire & Ice to rise to new levels of quality for this long-suffering franchise? Indeed, it seems to be passable. Continuing his report from the Sega 3DS catalog, he then offers thoughts on Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocalypse, contrasting it with its predecessor. James has a trio of 3DS titles. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice is complete, and he offers closing thoughts on it as well as the game's DLC. He also goes back into the Level-5 Hole with Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls, which would be better titled Yo-Kai Watch 2: More Yo-Kai Watch. He also apparently forgot his travails with Picross 3D, but Greg sure didn't, so it turns out that he's best positioned to forecast James' impressions of Picross 3D Round 2. Guillaume finds saving the world to be a rewarding experience in Dragon Quest VII, the latest tempest in the 3DS RPG storm. Lastly, Greg wraps up his thoughts on Metroid Prime: Federation Force, before taking down giants in Zangeki no Regenleiv.

After the break, it's time for Listener Mail! Topics this week include: New 3DS exclusives/3DS ports, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball for mobile, the future of Camelot Software Planning, Zelda as the harbinger of a console's demise, what the hell is Miitopia, and the soothing sounds of the Kirby Cafe. You can be soothed by our dulcet tones at the cost of only an email.

Two reminders. First, the NWR Telethon in Support of Child's Play is Saturday, October 15. The official schedule and donations will be posted Monday. If we hit our donation targets, we'll be live for over 12 hours. I hope you can join us. Secondly, Our next RetroActive is for LEGO City Undercover. We'll be doing it sometime in October, following the telethon. You can post your thoughts in the official thread, and we may use them on the show, against our lawyer's wishes.

Time: 2'20"10
Downloads: MP3 | AAC
Outro: Kirby Cafe - Butter Building (no YT, sadly)
Sonic Boom: Not a dumpster fire for once?

Dingens

@last episode (and even earlier episodes...)

congrats on the n3DS James!
For some reason the segment made me think of Codename S.T.E.A.M., yeah weird I know... maybe because I finished it a few weeks ago for the first time (having finished Valkyria a few weeks before that made it seem like a good fit). So I went back to older episodes to find out what you guys thought of it...
And I was quite surprised, or rather sad?, to find out that you all ran into so much trouble with the game... Because actually... well I hate to say this but I might like it even better than Valkyria (which I did not expect after all the praise it got as compared to steam). Maybe I was just lucky that it fit perfectly with my play-style as I was blasting through the levels in anticipation of the promised rise in difficulty... and then the credits rolled :(
Anyway, what I wanted to ask was, did you ever finished it? because I could not find any closing thoughts, neither from you, nor from johnny. So in case you haven't finished it, I thought your new new3DS may be the perfect opportunity to finally get back to it (as it plays way better on a n3ds)

I actually bought 2 copies because I want a sequel...
I spent 10€ on them...
combined T_T

Ondore

T-6 days until the telethon. T-7 days until I get wicked drunk.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/43531/episode-495-introducing-cladprincess7
Episode 495 "Introducing CladPrincess7" said:
Jon is still being interrogated at a CIA Black Site, so this week we made the dubious decision to invite Syrenne McNulty back onto the show, for this, the last episode before next week's telethon. She leads New Business with a look at Paper Mario: Color Splash, for Wii U. I know it LOOKS a lot like Sticker Star. It even plays a lot like Sticker Star. But this is not Sticker Star. She then turns her attention to Persona 5, which she places in contention for her favorite game of all time. The conversation stays focused on mechanics, so no story spoilers within. Gui has a book report on the narrative tour de force that is Shadow Complex Remastered, and we get our show redacted by the NSA. He has a look at SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics, emulated and moddable 16-bit Sega games, now on Steam. Lastly, he talks about his time with the ReCore demo and Syrenne advises against proceeding beyond there. James discusses the true Quality of Life product from Nintendo - Yo Kai Watch 2; however, it seems more intent on despoiling quality. Lastly, Greg takes us to a Metroid Place with his impressions of Axiom Verge.

After the break, we do a shorter Lister Mail segment. The topics this week are the fate of hand-drawn sprites in games and the rumored Final Fantasy 6 remake. You can rig our 3D models via our inbox.

This is our last reminder: the 7th Annual NWR Telethon is this Saturday, October 15. Donations are now open! Details are available here. If you're curious: RFN goes on at noon, Syrenne at 6, and Jon and James at 10 (all times Eastern).

Finally, we'll be taking next week off for the Telethon, but on the subsequent week we'll be recording our RetroActive for LEGO City Undercover. There's still time to get started, but if you already have you can post your thoughts in the thread.

Time: 2'10"57
Outro: Super Mario 3D Word - Chain Link Charge
Squad Goals: $4000 unlocks everything on the main show of the telethon. $7253 unlocks some sort of TBD self-punishment.

Crimm

I really cannot overstate how excited I am for the telethon. I hope you all can join us.

On the issue of Codename STEAM - I love Valkyria Chronicles. I recognize that that Alicia is a game-breaking messiah who's fleetness of foot can end each battle like a hydrogen bomb. The game incentives using the broken mechanics by rewarding your expediency with currency rather than rewarding you for unleashing total devastation on all opponents.

We aren't talking about Valkyria (much), but I mention it because one of the things I liked was I had a space, classes, and terrain, I could use however I decided. While it's true Alicia is always the multi-tool of victory, I had other options. CNS is a bit different. The spaces are more confined, and the enemies respawn. Both games are ultimately trying to push you to the goal quickly - one does it with the carrot the other with the stick. I felt more free to try new things in VC - there was more to try and the cost for not doing the fastest thing was just less reward. CNS has some options for experimentation, but I felt like I had to either keep everyone moving fast, or keep someone on cleanup duty behind me.

The advantage of the n3DS on CNS is something I'll be taking a look at it, but the 3DS/n3DS stuff wasn't what put me off.

As an aside, I do wonder if Alicia gets nerfed in the VC remake. There's a lot of cheesing it potential in that game that could be tweaked out, and turning the game into a much more strategic affair. At the same time - people love the game for what it is, and resetting the balance so dramatically would make it an entirely new experience.

Also, these three make my heart beat faster.
2975434-3650973500-Valky.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have to agree, I enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles (& 2) much more than Codename Steam. The enemies spawn makes it feel like you can't take your time to explore, especially when there's those medal things to look for. There's much more customization so you feel as though you can choose your own strategy. Something about CNS felt...."off". I was liking it at first, but as I got further in, it's appeal was wearing off to the point I had no desire to continue playing.

Having the long enemy turn times certainly wasn't helping.

Dingens

Can't really point towards a specific aspect as to why I enjoyed cns more... I can however point towards a few things that made valkyria a little bit less enjoyable:
the strange story book style interface where you had to trigger every single cut scene by yourself (not sure why but this really bothered me), and the questionable system for unit progress... I never really felt like putting experience into my troops really was all that meaningful. Also I never got the feeling that the classes are distinguished enough from one another... I just put whoever I liked the most on my team plus the 3 that gave you turn bonuses and was done with it. New guns increased your damage... but that's it basically.

Maybe it's also because I kept comparing VC to "hogs of war", another really old Infogrames ps1/pc game from 2000 which I enjoyed a lot more (if you haven't played it but like this kind of game play you should give it a shot! it's on gog). There, classes were really distinct (like in cns), and winning while fulfilling certain conditions rewarded you with precious bonuses and gave you an advantages for the rest of the game (unlike the gears in cns and the xp in vc for example...).
16 years later, sadly it's still the best game of that kind to me.

maybe this was a little bit to much offtopic...?

on the 2d games going 3d discussion: I read an interesting thread here on gaf where a guy who claimed to have been a developer on the 3ds shinobi game explained, that modern systems like the 3ds have problems handling sprites, and all the sprite games you see on it aren't sprites, but in fact flat poly models. I'm not sure if this is accurate or not also he went into way more detail... but I can't find the thread anymore (it was about the 3ds castlevania). But comparing ds and 3ds games... I think there may be some truth to it. Prof layton and the AA games both feature poly models like the mentioned guilty gear. So maybe it's not just a cost and time related issue but also a technical one?

It was also kinda funny hearing gui complain about the stupidity that is shadow complex. especially when you go back and read reviews, praising it as the future of metroid, and "finally metroid for grown-ups". It's hilarious but really sad at the same time... same goes for the dreaded grey and brown thing. I can't remember but did you guys ever discuss this shit during listener mail? Like why did all games look the same during the ps360 days, colour-wise. surely it can't be the engines fault.

lastly... with no vita successor, do you think we may finally get persona 5 golden nx? I mean, they already tested the waters with Persona Q... so maybe they have some plans? All the other SMT games are already on ds/3ds, so the absence of persona always struck me as odd. And now with TMS on WiiU... I think a persona game on a Nintendo platform is way overdue.

Crimm

I had not heard of Hogs of War; watching video of it I'm getting a "Worms 3D" vibe here - not the actual Worms 3D, but what a 3D adaption of Worms could have been. That was a weird era for games experimenting with new forms.

Funnily enough, that's why I totally believe some systems would be crap at rendering 2D models. As games become more PC-like that probably goes away, but there's always the infamous Sega Saturn - a system that while capable, was wholly not ready for the 3D era. When you're designing a system to maximize for gaming while keeping costs down, I can see getting very particular with parts - min/max towards what you think your system will be.

Just a heads up, with the Telethon on Saturday - we have someone who is offering to match up to $1500 if its donated before Noon Central on Friday.

Jon and I will be touching on topics very similar to the above - J&J: Make My Game Today. We've got a few games of our own choosing where one of us gives the ideal "what this game would be if made today" and the other drops some cold, hard, realism. Guaranteed at least one soul-crushing moment with a Konami game.

Crimm

No, we didn't manage to lock down a segment with a rep from the company. It's okay though, we're only on hour 3 and we're at over 75% of our goal!

As I post this, John and J.J. from 8-4 are guests on the Famicast telethon segment -- the entire panel is podcasting live from Japan! We still have a little way to go for the day's fundraising goal, so any help is appreciated -- but your attention and interaction is just as important to the event. (If you can't listen now or see this later, no worries. Everything is archived and will be available to download in a few days, and donations will remain open for at least a week.)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...ual-nwr-live-podcast-telethon-for-childs-play

Ondore

The 3:00 - 6:00 portions (The Worst of the eShop, Radio Trivia, an hour long Sun and Moon preview) and 6:00 - 9:00 (Pitch Your Game, Famicast feat. 8-4 Play and a Super Mario RPG retrospective) are now up:

Part 2 MP3 | AAC

Part 3 MP3 | AAC

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh, surprise podcast episode now that the NX is FINALLY getting revealed?

...so much for a quiet week, huh?

Crimm

We were planning one this week. We've been having discussions about how to plan our recording session expecting NX news this week.

The real call is if the "preview" tomorrow is an announcement of another announcement over the weekend - what the heck do we do? I'm not counting on us getting a huge amount of info - they only have 3 minutes - so we might not be retiring the siren just yet.

Even if we do have to retire it, we can still enjoy it for 11 more hours! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgrHrd1Grvc

Fun fact on the telethon, now that all the parts are released I can look back at what we did; God is it cool. It is a hilarious amount of work but man, it's worth it.

Crimm

Plan is to release tonight.

Also record tonight.

Which means I'm likely editing.

The last three weeks are going to kill me

VegiHam

Plan is to release tonight.

Also record tonight.

Which means I'm likely editing.

The last three weeks are going to kill me

You can do it! We believe in you!

Seriously, thank you for putting the work in to this for us.

Well I mean also for other reasons I'm not tryna be egotistical here but yeah, we appreciate it.

Ondore

Mr. Jones, I'm prescribing you one week off from opening Audacity.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/43573/episode-496-mighty-switch-facts
Episode 496 "Mighty Switch Facts" said:
The NX has finally been revealed as the Nintendo Switch, and on a Thursday - our recording day - no less! That means a fresh batch of blazing hot takes on the system, its known features, its unknown features, what issues it might have, and what questions still linger for the RFN crew. Jon managed to sober up long enough to make this one on time, and his speech is both clear and coherent; don't get used to it, because it probably won't happen again. James, Greg, and Gui dutifully tolerate him for yet another week.

After the break we start to tackle the avalanche of Switch-related mail that's arrived since the announcement. We examine the quality of the Switch reveal; game sizes and storage solutions; its lack of a camera and mic; and the prices and visuals of portable-style games. Be sure to detach your own Joy-Cons and send them directly to our inbox.

Don't forget that we'll be recording our Retroactive segment for LEGO City Undercover next week. Any and all thoughts are encouraged to be posted in this handy-dandy forum thread.

Time: 1'48"26
Outro: Mario 3D World: Switch Scramble Circus
See you in: January

silks

And of course, there's the coagulated and musky life-blood of RFN himself - Mister Jon Lindemann. You bring such a reliable levity to the show, such a lackadaisical passion, that RFN will lose a crucial part of its soul whenever you step down (which better be never, by the way). The fashion in which your personality plays off of everyone else is a sight to behold, and the general vibe you bring helps set RFN apart from all of the other gaming podcasts out there. The few weeks were you were gone recently were dark times indeed.

Thanks so much. TBH I typically have Impostor Syndrome on RFN. Am I Nintendo enough? Am I contributing enough? I am I just here for the odd one-liner? Who am I? Why doesn't James love me? etc.

But comments like this let me know I'm at least doing something right. I appreciate it!

Also, Greg still angles for me to host on a weekly basis. IT'S THE PODCAST PEOPLE

Ondore

After the telethon and a platform announcement, we pick up the pieces and return to normal oper... wait, three weeks until 500?
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/43603/episode-497-8-minifigure-heads-in-a-duffel-bag
Episode 497 "8 Minifigure Heads In A Duffel Bag" said:
Jonny decided to join us to discuss LEGO City Undercover this week. While a guest is always nice, sometimes it comes with unforeseen costs...namely some lost audio in the first segment. Please Understand.

Jon kicks off New Business with some more thoughts on Nintendo Switch, and the announced January Switch event. Greg considers a return to Pokemon, with a look at the Sun and Moon demo. He also acquired an original copy of Thunder Force III, just in time for Sega to announce its addition to Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 3. Guillaume is looking to engage in more random acts of violence, so he tries out RetroActive alumnus River City Ransom. Jonny goes on an adventure with Dragon Quest VII; we don't spend a lot of time on it - it's Dragon Quest. James closes out New Business with thoughts on bloody adventure game Corpse Party; he is struggling, to say the least.

After the break, it's time for our RetroActive for LEGO City Undercover! We talk about the humor, the gameplay, the style, and...
...the load times. Thanks to everyone who played along with us!

We'll be back to a traditional episode next week, so you can load our inbox with your questions!

Time: 2'21"23
Outro: Lego City Undercover - Breaking And Entering
River City remake: Not bad, but short.

Ondore

Will Episode 500 be nothing but corrections? TUNE INTO NITRO TO FIND OUT!
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...e-travails-of-nintendo-of-canada-press-events
Episode 498 "The Travails Of Nintendo of Canada Press Events" said:
It's James' last episode before 500, so he was eager to spend some time with his friends on the show. Knowing this, Jon made himself scarce. Instead, we are joined on New Business by Karen, who joined Guillaume at the annual Nintendo of Canada holiday games preview. Staged at a - in no way symbolic - wax museum, they had the chance to play the already-available demo for Pokemon Sun and Moon, Mario Party Star Rush, Super Mario Maker for 3DS, and nihilism. The last one isn't a game; it's just the unavoidable sense of nothingness emanating from that lineup. Karen is a fan of LEGO City Undercover, and gives some thoughts to supplement last week's RetroActive. Her perspective really helps us BUILD on previous thoughts. Greg also has additional thoughts on LEGO City Undercover, as well as thoughts on Ghouls'n Ghosts and Dragon Quest VII. James wraps up New Business with updated impressions of Corpse Party before detailing Avenging Spirits, a pre-Geist game where you play as a ghost who possesses and kills lots of people.

After the break, we mark the return of Listener Mail! This week we review your Switch predictions, fantasize about a Bayonetta cartoon, map DS games to a modern touch screen, and conceive of plastic doodads to attach to the side of Switch. You can send us your Switch mock-ups via our inbox.

Also, feel free to send us your "RFN Episode RetroActives." We tease this terrible idea at the end of the show, but with the impending crush of Episode 500 we would love to hear your review of some RFN Classics. Just please don't write about the disaster that is 103. Or the response of 104. Or the unintended consequences that is 105. The die is cast for this mistake, so make it with us!

Time 2'06"14
Outro: PianoX3 (Sylvalum) - Xenoblade Chronicles X
Recommended episode: Not one that I was on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I will laugh so hard if my "question" gets answered. I partly just want to hear James' reaction.

& never mentioned this about last week's episode, but glad to hear someone actually talk about Corpse Party. I bought it years ago on PSP/Vita as part of a sale because I figured it'd be a good game to play on Halloween, but I've wussed out & never touched it. Hearing how there's such minor/stupid reasons as to why you might fail/get a bad ending sounds just as annoying as the scenes are creepy. If anything, I would just keep a guide handy to ensure I didn't miss such "wait, THAT'S what I was suppose to do?!" reasons.

Kind of amazes me how the series has taken off with tons of manga, an anime OVA, sequels, a weird....romantic comedy spin-off game, all from a small RPG Maker title.

Crimm

I really wanted to participate in the retro active but my game is still loading -_-

boom

I will laugh so hard if my "question" gets answered. I partly just want to hear James' reaction.

I mean, I don't know what happens when I'm not around, but if they don't touch it during my absence then it's really just a chance for me to force Greg to watch a Hard Girls trailer.

Hearing how there's such minor/stupid reasons as to why you might fail/get a bad ending sounds just as annoying as the scenes are creepy. If anything, I would just keep a guide handy to ensure I didn't miss such "wait, THAT'S what I was suppose to do?!" reasons.

It got better in that regard, but I did keep a guide handy if only so I felt less nervous about it even if I only checked it once or twice. I had one really aggravating experience at the end of the game when you're in danger. The fact you can't skip the video, just fast forward through the dialog, made failing it really irritating. I failed it 3 times.

Top Bottom