• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool |OT| A Moon Shaped Poo

InfernoNR

The concert was incredible. Blew my mind from Ful Stop forward. Still in disbelief that I heard Let Down live... always had a special place in my heart as the first song of thiers to hook me.

Blader

I was at the garden last night too, excellent show. Weird Fishes, There There, Let Down, Planet Telex, Karma Police and finishing on Creep? What a stacked setlist for my first time seeing them.

Show tonight was too good.

Singing along with Thom on Creep live in 2016 is a surreal experience

And damned if he still can't sing the hell out of it too. The energy in the crowd during "she runs, runs, runs, ruuuuuuuuuunnnns" was unreal.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Amazing set. Sad Nude and The National Anthem were cut though.

Also yes it was incredible watching everyone around me during "run...run....run......ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun"

I know its not cool to hope for Creep, but based on them playing it about one out of every four shows on this tour, I was really hoping to hear it Friday.... but I'm guessing not, now that they've just played it :(.

robotrock

Banned
I know its not cool to hope for Creep, but based on them playing it about one out of every four shows on this tour, I was really hoping to hear it Friday.... but I'm guessing not, now that they've just played it :(.

They've played it at the other three festivals so far this tour. I'm sure you'll hear it.

Amirnol

I've got tickets to see them at the Shrine next Thursday night in LA, but I don't think I can go. Looking at my ticket info, it looks like I can't refund/sell/transfer/do anything with these tickets? I would gladly sell them for the price I paid, seems like such a waste. Anyone know if I have any options here?

Sai-kun

Banned
They were good but the lack of King of Limbs tunes was disappointing tbh :<

Also I still like the old version of Identikit more

Mogwai

I've been wondering... What's the odds a new RH album in 2017? It could fit the timeline perfectly for the OKC (1997) and In Rainbows (2007). Also, considering that AMSP had a good deal of already known songs.

But I might be super LTTP on this? :)

A-V-B

I've been wondering... What's the odds a new RH album in 2017? It could fit the timeline perfectly for the OKC (1997) and In Rainbows (2007). Also, considering that AMSP had a good deal of already known songs.

I dunno. Only Kid A to Amnesiac was that fast, and Amnesiac was almost just Kid B...

Mogwai

I dunno. Only Kid A to Amnesiac was that fast, and Amnesiac was almost just Kid B...
Yep.

I'm thinking that AMSP could be a reverse Kid A-Amnesiac. First releasing some known songs and then releasing a brand new set of songs in 2017.

Deeku

Also I still like the old version of Identikit more
I have totally turned around on this. Yes the old identikit synths still get me, but new identikit has fleshed out grooves from colin and jonny which really gives the song a lot more....groove! imo!

Radiohead's entire Lollapalooza concert here

Set List:
0:00 - Burn The Witch
4:13 - Daydreaming
10:18 - Ful Stop
16:20 - 2 + 2 = 5
19:43 - Myxomatosis
24:00 - My Iron Lung
29:20 - Climbing Up The Walls
33:50 - No Surprises
38:10 - Pyramid Song
43:26 - Bloom
49:52 - Identikit
54:45 - The Numbers
1:00:15 - The Gloaming
1:04:10 - Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
1:09:40 Everything in Its Right Place
1:13:53 Idioteque
1:18:54 There There

Encore 1
1:26:54 Let Down
1:31:55 Present Tense
1:37:39 Paranoid Android
1:44:09 Nude
1:48:45 Bodysnatchers

Encore 2
1:56:05 Street Spirit (Fade Out)
2:00:39 Karma Police

Radiohead's pool of songs is soooo good. They have countless setlists that can be created, and they can fit so many different settings/venues.

Thanks for that link. Quality is great! Climbing up the Walls was fantastic. I'm definitely going to be archiving that concert in my 10 GB RH vault, haha.

Blader

Probably zero. :lol

Though there was a rumor that they may do an OK Computer re-issue next year (20th anniversary) with unreleased material from those sessions included, so that might be something?

At the very least we'll get a new Radiohead track in September with AMSP deluxe edition.

I have totally turned around on this. Yes the old identikit synths still get me, but new identikit has fleshed out grooves from colin and jonny which really gives the song a lot more....groove! imo!

dat intro.

the version of 'Weird Fishes / Arpeggi' is HOT FIRE.

EDIT: AND what the fuck is going on with EIIRP?! Interesting synth-y version. This is awesome.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Album for me much like the last one sounds a gazillion times better live.

I was luke warm on both, but they sound sooo much better live.

I mean whenever I want to listen to TKOL I always just listen to the From the Basement version.

A Moon Shaped Pool seems similar to me in that it sounds so much better in a live setting.

Xun

Not long until I finally get a chance to see them in Berlin!

I know a few here were going, so if anyone wants to meet up feel free to drop me a PM.

Spaced33

Watching the Lollapalooza show. What's going on with Thom's voice? He's all over the place in Burn the Witch, can't hit the high note at the end of My Iron Lung and is once again not sounding too great on Climbing Up The Walls. Haven't heard the rest of the show, but is he sick or something? He sounded amazing on the King of Limbs tour.

Blader

Watching the Lollapalooza show. What's going on with Thom's voice? He's all over the place in Burn the Witch, can't hit the high note at the end of My Iron Lung and is once again not sounding too great on Climbing Up The Walls. Haven't heard the rest of the show, but is he sick or something? He sounded amazing on the King of Limbs tour.

Nah, it's just a couple songs he struggles with, especially those. I like Burn the Witch's guitar arrangement, but Thom's vocals always get lost in the chorus on that song. And Climbing Up the Walls he gets lost in too.

He struggles at times on different songs. I've seen it going back to the KidA/Amnesiac tours in my bootlegs. But sometimes he's locked in and the show's amazing.

he was way off on nude. overall great show, though. they're just starting karma police.. thanks again for posting it, it was just what i needed before work.

NotSelf

Radiohead's entire Lollapalooza concert here

Set List:
0:00 - Burn The Witch
4:13 - Daydreaming
10:18 - Ful Stop
16:20 - 2 + 2 = 5
19:43 - Myxomatosis
24:00 - My Iron Lung
29:20 - Climbing Up The Walls
33:50 - No Surprises
38:10 - Pyramid Song
43:26 - Bloom
49:52 - Identikit
54:45 - The Numbers
1:00:15 - The Gloaming
1:04:10 - Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
1:09:40 Everything in Its Right Place
1:13:53 Idioteque
1:18:54 There There

Encore 1
1:26:54 Let Down
1:31:55 Present Tense
1:37:39 Paranoid Android
1:44:09 Nude
1:48:45 Bodysnatchers

Encore 2
1:56:05 Street Spirit (Fade Out)
2:00:39 Karma Police

It's removed is up somewhere else?

I have to say, I found that Lolla performance to be pretty sloppy.

I hope they kill it at OSL this weekend.
I'm so stoked for their set at OSL (the whole festival really). I'm just sad that I have to leave Sufjan Stevens early to catch the Radiohead set. I hope we get a really tight, clean performance.

Top Bottom