• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool |OT| A Moon Shaped Poo

Sullichin

You guys following this tour?

Live streams of tonight's show:
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BdxYVANBRoKX
https://www.periscope.tv/Antolopia/1MnxnyvyknoJO

I saw the first MSG night, was great. Was so happy to hear Let Down, now it's pretty much a staple of the setlist. The festival sets are pretty good, but they haven't been playing Decks Dark in festivals which is a bit of a bummer.

EDIT: both streams dead. Thom giving a particularly drunk sounding performance of Climbing Up The Walls

EDIT2: this one's live. https://www.periscope.tv/licknik/1YpKkovoBmdKj

I was about fifteen people back at the Outside Lands set (Jonny's side of the stage) and can confirm that Thom was in a pretty funny mood. He didn't really appear drunk (especially compared to some people wandering the polo grounds earlier in the day), but he certainly was strangely chatty. Sucks that they didn't get to perform the second encore, but it was still a great experience.

This is still sitting at my AOTY and is still up there with IR KA and OKC.

In fact it may have dethroned OKC to make top 3.

We'll see in a bit.

I saw them in LA on Thursday, and at Outside Lands on Saturday.

Was 4 rows back at outside lands, it was easily the great experience of my life. Absolutely a god tier show.

Everything they playedoff the new album soundedso much better than the album. Much sweeter and more sensual.

robotrock

Banned
Tonight's set list had Lucky, Airbag, Like Spinning Plates, True Love Waits, 2+2=5, Pyramid Song, Lotus Flower, Paranoid Android, Airbag, and Reckoner.

Best set list this tour IMO insane

A-V-B

Tonight's set list had Lucky, Airbag, Like Spinning Plates, True Love Waits, 2+2=5, Pyramid Song, Lotus Flower, Paranoid Android, Airbag, and Reckoner.

Airbag and Pyramid Song? God... I wish I could've been there. I really do.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Why do we not know whether or not they're going your Australia yet? :(

overcast

Yeah I was there. Unbelievable fucking setlist.

One of the best sets of my life. What songs from Moon Shaped Pool do you guys think translate best live? I'll go Ful Stop, Decks Dark and Identikit.

cabot

One of the best sets of my life. What songs from Moon Shaped Pool do you guys think translate best live? I'll go Ful Stop, Decks Dark and Identikit.

Identikit, Ful Stop, The Numbers.

I'd say AMSP is probably the least well translated rh album live, a lot of the songs (aside from the three above) lose something live.

ShowDog

Identikit, Ful Stop, The Numbers.

I'd say AMSP is probably the least well translated rh album live, a lot of the songs (aside from the three above) lose something live.

I would agree with that (Ful Stop was a stand out though). When they played at the Shrine the sound wasn't quite amazing, and a lot of the bassline and other details in the AMSP tracks got lost in the background. Maybe I was just more sensitive to it because my wife wasn't familiar with those songs and I wanted her to like them, but it felt like if I hadn't been familiar with the music already I would have missed a lot of what makes the tracks great.

Blader

I agree. Identkit's performance was my favorite of the new ones at my show. But when Jonny's guitar kicks in on Ful Stop...fuck.

I also really like Burn the Witch's guitar arrangement, even if Thom's vocals usually get swallowed up in the chorus.

Got to see them twice in LA.

Amazing crowd. Really surprised me, since most of the time LA can be pretty limp dick at concerts.

Loved every moment. Shabazz Palaces was dope as fuck.

Pavaloo

Here is Radiohead's Outside Lands show.

Professionally streamed and shot from Outside Lands themselves. Pretty great.

flew down to san fran for this show, near Ed where the orange arrow is occasionally coming up

incredible incredible incredible

absolute dream come true

there were a few moments where thom would notice our section of audience off to the side (i suspect cause there were a lot of women lol) and it was just SO hype

the intro to ful stop insane

all of it was insane honestly

fuck

take me back

Tall4Life

Man if Radiohead released another album in 2017 I would fucking run out of my room right now and go streaking down the city. I don't want to wait another 5 years for another album, although AMSP was VERY good :p

ShowDog

Man if Radiohead released another album in 2017 I would fucking run out of my room right now and go streaking down the city. I don't want to wait another 5 years for another album, although AMSP was VERY good :p

Hopefully Trump/Brexit can inspire them to release a better, tighter HTTT rocker.

InfernoNR

Is it just me or is Thom throwing "fuck" into a lot of the lyrics lately? lol... Noticed this at the MSG night 1 show I was at and now in these festival recordings.

Saw them at Outsidelands and at the Shrine last night

No words.

Only goddamns. Damn they still got it live. My mind is fucking melted.

Like Spinning Plates was incredible. New songs are incredible live. I essentially saw the whole new album live and i've come to the conclusion that we need the Basement session for this ASAP.

RBH

I have a random and stupid question to ask.

I wanted to hang up a picture frame in my house of the In Rainbows album cover in an 8x10 frame. My only problem is that I'm having a tough time finding a photo of the album cover that's high enough in resolution to produce a high quality print that will look good in an 8x10 frame. I've read some recommendations for an 8x10 frame to have an image size from 2240x1680 (4 MP) to 2400×3000 (7.2 MP) in order to have an "excellent" image quality for the frame. The highest image resolution I'm finding online through Google Search of the In Rainbows cover is 1425x1425.

Any advice?

Crispy75

I have a random and stupid question to ask.

I wanted to hang up a picture frame in my house of the In Rainbows album cover in an 8x10 frame.

The highest image resolution I'm finding online through Google Search of the In Rainbows cover is 1425x1425.

Any advice?

1425 / 8 = 178dpi which isn't terrible really.

But yeah, the vinyl's not expensive and 12" square frames are also cheap.

Blader

Identikit will be released as the third single for the album, this Friday.

Won't hold my breath for a b-side, but a new video would be cool.

Blader

Some more shows coming next year:

During Thom Yorke’s co-hosting spot on BBC Radio 1 tonight, Benji B asked Yorke about Radiohead’s next moves. After outlining the band’s current schedule, he discussed their plans beyond their upcoming set at Austin City Limits. “And then there’s a break, and then we’ll do some more next year, but I don’t know exactly what yet.”

Myriadis

Will see them at Lollapalooza. Driving over 700km just to see these guys, but I'm planning to spend a few days in and around Berlin anyway.

Myriadis

Was at Lolla in Berlin, we drove about 750 km just to see them. Wonderful concert but I feel they weren't brave enough to change the songs in a bigger way . Still absolutely enjoyed that one. Yorke had a few problems with his voice though for the first songs but he got better and managed to hit the notes quite well.

Top Bottom