• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool |OT| A Moon Shaped Poo

Anyone else heading along to the "live from" event today? There's a record store participating that's about a 20 minute walk from my work, so I've already got it sorted to head along (and potentially not come back for the rest of the day depending on what's happening!)

y2dvd

Yasssssssss. AMSP is finally on Spotify. Super happy. I haven't heard it since the launch party listen.

IW3L36u.jpg

dubc35

The end of that daydreaming song is nightmare fuel

Yeah, I almost skip the song now so I don't have to listen to snoring, lol.

The rest of the album is great IMO, I still need more time with the second half but really liking it (besides aforementioned snoring).

[edit], Nice! It looks like the physical CD should get here today too! ....I'm the only one who ordered the physical CD, aren't I? lol

Sullichin

Anyone else heading along to the "live from" event today? There's a record store participating that's about a 20 minute walk from my work, so I've already got it sorted to head along (and potentially not come back for the rest of the day depending on what's happening!)

Going after work, but won't get there until like 8pm so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Still listening to the album constantly. Currently think Ful Stop is the weakest song on the album. It's still really good though. Decks Dark is #1.

Blader

Ha! The band is giving out WiFi codes to people who want to stream today's show on Periscope.

"Calling all Secret Solstice Periscopers!

Posted by w.a.s.t.e. on June 17, 2016 at 10:00 Send Message View Blog

If any fans with tickets to Radiohead's Secret Solstice show in Iceland today wants to set up their own Periscope stream of the show for the benefit of the rest of us, we have a few WiFi codes to hand out to help things run smoothly.

Please send a DM to @doorisnowclosed on Twitter today with your Periscope handle. We will then be in touch with details on how to pick up your WiFi code at the venue. We can't guarantee a code for everyone, but will do our best.

W.A.S.T.E."

That's pretty damn cool.

Pavaloo

I've made a huge mistake.

Ended up going to the thing like an hour early but I got so sucked into the live recording that all the free swag was given away 😔

That recording is awesome btw. We need someone to upload the raw files ASAP

Mogwai

Is it me or does the chorus of Identikit have a weird sound of Alt-J? I always think of Breezeblocks. Or perhaps they ripped off RH?

Went yesterday to the thing. Was a tiny ass record store which was odd because there's a much bigger and nicer one just down the same street. The audio stream wasn't working so there was normal music playing, and all there was for the event was a free pamphlet/poster and a sign up sheet for a prize drawing.

Pretty lame overall, but at least I got a free poster out of it.

RangerX

Banned
So I've held off on listening to this until it released on Spotify and I have to say the album is fantastic. I love the mish mash of their earlier sounds they're going for on a lot of the tracks. Burn the witch, Decks Dark, The Numbers and Tinker Soldier are stand outs for me. Its great to see In Rainbows up aswell now too.

I love this Album. Just bought A Moon Shaped Pool like a week ago. The Numbers is a Fantastic song and this version of True Love Waits is emotionally beautiful.

I love this Album. Just bought A Moon Shaped Pool like a week ago. The Numbers is a Fantastic song and this version of True Love Waits is emotionally beautiful.
A lot of people don't care for The Numbers, but I agree. I love the song. I also like desert island disk though.

On the other hand, the only song I don't like is true love waits, but I never liked that song.

Anyone else in the US who ordered the mega bundle of AMSP get their CD yet? I haven't heard anything from WASTE and might have to dispute the charge. :/

The special edition? Ships in September.

The vinyl is shipping that date, but I recall they stated SE buyers would get the CD on release day (June 17th). I might be wrong (heh).

In any case, when I go to my WASTE account it doesn't show that I have made any transactions despite my cc being charged. Hopefully they respond soon.

Radiohead Share Alternate “Daydreaming” Audio for Short Film Contest

Download it here.

Pitchfork said:
Radiohead have been sharing artist-created video vignettes for A Moon Shaped Pool tracks since the release of the LP’s second single, “Daydreaming,” earlier this year. Last Friday, they revealed the “last in the current series,” for “The Numbers,” via Instagram. Today, however, the band opened the door for a final contribution—from you. For a contest to “complete the series,” they shared a new, minute-long clip of “Daydreaming,” featuring prominent strings that didn’t appear on the album. Click here to download it. Entries should be tagged #RHVignette on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. The band members themselves will choose the winner.

SpaceHorror

Flying to NYC to see the concert and also to visit a few friends up in Schenectady next week. First time seeing Radiohead and I couldn't be more excited.

Few questions for any NYC natives, though. How early should I get to MSG before the show? And how is the area around it? I'm staying at a hotel up on West 36th St.

Should it be fine walking back to the hotel after the show? Any good bars in the area I could stop at for a couple of beers after? Any good pizza joints in the area for dinner before the show?

Sorry if a bit OT, but I don't think it warrants a new thread and I figured there would be several NYC Radiohead fans in the thread.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Just got back from the concert in NY. Great stuff. Yeah, Let Down was a highlight for sure.

The other highlights for me included Ful Stop, 15 Step, No Surprises, Planet Telex, 2 + 2 = 5, Paranoid Android, Bodysnatchers, and Street Spirit (Fade Out).

All of those sounded particularly great live.

Holy shit Let Down! I hope we get that lucky (heh) tomorrow night, that's when i'm going. They should break Motion Picture Soundtrack out for tomorrow, think it's been since 2001 for that.

My absolute dream would be for them to play Fog, but I know that won't happen. Seriously, that or Cuttooth would make my entire life

Top Bottom