• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

Ashodin

rDWN6.jpg

fucking boss battle (with badass music) what the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

This game is awesome

Zeal

Banned
This game looks and plays awesome, but I don't wanna level a class just to have it wiped almost right away. There's also ten billion people playing, even on the lower pop servers. Gonna go back to The Secret World till OB hits on the 3rd.

Still, this game is a winner. Going to definitely play it as my new MMO.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
got nervous when i saw the rockers, but they dont make that horrible chattering sound anymore, so thats good. i hated them in RO

zkylon

zkylewd
I think thats the HackShield issue. I just deleted RO2 and re-installed to fix it.
Ok, thanks, that fixed it.

Now I'm stuck on that "2nd PW that you want to setup!" thing.

What the hell is this?

edit: nevermind, I'm dumb and tired

taku

Gosh, I have now lost 15 cards trying to combine 'em. Now I know what to not try later on..
You guys having fun with this game? I'm at level 11/11 (I think) and I don't know what to feel, really. It's not boring.. I guess I'm just playing it because I loved RO1. Finding dat card is excellent though!

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, built my snarky looking archer. Called her zkylia, so that's that :p

Still having problems with text not showing up on buttons and whatnot, and the game just crashing when I try to join a server :/

I normally don't ask this much but RO2's forums seem to be dead.

taku

Ok, built my snarky looking archer. Called her zkylia, so that's that :p

Still having problems with text not showing up on buttons and whatnot, and the game just crashing when I try to join a server :/

I normally don't ask this much but RO2's forums seem to be dead.
Start > Control Panel > Locate the Search box in the upper right corner of this window and type in "Regional" > Press "Regional and Language" > Change "Format" to "English (Singapore)"

taku

Well, got to level 12/12, fought some bosses, found some great cards, and was wondering about Prontera when server shut down. I'm not sure if I have the time to play this game come the 3rd since I'll be working again by then..

tafer

Well, got to level 12/12, fought some bosses, found some great cards, and was wondering about Prontera when server shut down. I'm not sure if I have the time to play this game come the 3rd since I'll be working..

I managed to create the character and that was it... and I'm on the same boat, I won't have that much time to play this stuff after this week.

zkylon

zkylewd
BA403A078E6AB713BA1FF144D961DE42D0AC7613

yay!

Start > Control Panel > Locate the Search box in the upper right corner of this window and type in "Regional" > Press "Regional and Language" > Change "Format" to "English (Singapore)"
Thanks, this did it. Hope they fix this on the PC version, I don't like how this set my clock to AM/PM system.

Did you just have to reinstall once? Not fixing it for me.
I just uninstalled RO and reinstalled it. Didn't reboot my PC or delete any folders or anything.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
I remember War of Emperium being a big thing back in RO. Does this game have something similar to look forward to?

I'm 11 Acolyte/13 Artisan and I'm already starting to get bored. I don't like how the skills are learned, if you choose to put 1 pt each to the offensive spell, you already have the complete "rotation"(press 2,3 then spam 1), and it already bores me thinking i'll be doing this exact same rotation for the next 14 levels until job change. The uninspired quest are boring too.

and anyone know if we can remove the font's outline? I manage to replace to default font but the outline really screws the in game font.

edit lol

zkylon

zkylewd
A big part of me wishes this game was grid-based like RO1. To me, that felt a lot more fun and to the point. I'm not used to MMOs, so I see huge empty spaces and it seems like a waste.

Raide

I'm 11 Monk/13 Artisan and I'm already starting to get bored. I don't like how the skills are learned, if you choose to put 1 pt each to the offensive spell, you already have the complete "rotation"(press 2,3 then spam 1), and it already bores me thinking i'll be doing this exact same rotation for the next 14 levels until job change. The uninspired quest are boring too.

and anyone know if we can remove the font's outline? I manage to replace to default font but the outline really screws the in game font.

That was pretty much how Monks worked in RO1. All about combos and mashing the right order of keys.

Omnicent

I'm 11 Monk/13 Artisan and I'm already starting to get bored. I don't like how the skills are learned, if you choose to put 1 pt each to the offensive spell, you already have the complete "rotation"(press 2,3 then spam 1), and it already bores me thinking i'll be doing this exact same rotation for the next 14 levels until job change. The uninspired quest are boring too.

how are you a monk when that's the job change for acolyte (monk or priest)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Trying to decide what route to go...Is there a "solo" friendly class? I used to rock a crit/flee SinX back in RO, but not sure if I want to go that route this time.

Sora_N

I have no time for the next few days, gonna wait for open beta launch day. I may try Mage, Aco was boring and didn't know how to 'build' a Monk in this game. (I usually avoid caster types but since it'll be wiped after Open Beta I don't mind trying Mage)

Maedhros

This shit is riddiculous... so I need to change my system language just to play a game? No, thanks.

EDIT: Oh, it's just the time format. Sorry, assumed I needed to change the system language.

how are you a monk when that's the job change for acolyte (monk or priest)

woops I meant Acolyte. fixed lol.

Trying to decide what route to go...Is there a "solo" friendly class? I used to rock a crit/flee SinX back in RO, but not sure if I want to go that route this time.

At early levels I find the acolyte to be self sufficient, I've seen some classes die a lot while fighting boss mobs(the one with 1k-ish hp) while as an acolyte, I never even reached below 50% hp. Sometimes I even camp boss spawns to heal other players just to ease their pain lol. Not sure if it's more of a player issue though as I've seen some unbelievably clueless player in this game.

Omnicent

I have no time for the next few days, gonna wait for open beta launch day. I may try Mage, Aco was boring and didn't know how to 'build' a Monk in this game. (I usually avoid caster types but since it'll be wiped after Open Beta I don't mind trying Mage)

When building from acolyte to monk, put most of your point's into INT, with some in STR/AGI.

Also don't worry about how you build your skills on Acolyte since you will get a free skill rest if you go MNK (can't use any ACO skills, would be OP if it could).

When you class change to MNK you gains you the ability Spiritual Cadence, which will make INT behave the same as STR (this is why a MNK would want to go even on STR and INT with some AGI or VIT).

My spread will be 36 STR 36 INT 25 AGI at 50 MNK.

From looking at MNK's skills, they are a main tank/dps.
People argue dps, but I'm not one to take someones word on it unless they show me actual testing and data. Already have my methods ready for testing (I'm going to lol if it's BNS again. It appears in almost every MMO I play). Now i just hope hackshield and vdub play nice

Spazznid

Okay, so I haven't been following the thread, but I and a few friends installed the game only to be greeted by "Login with PlayID. The service is currently not available. "

Is the service on?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Okay, so I haven't been following the thread, but I and a few friends installed the game only to be greeted by "Login with PlayID. The service is currently not available. "

Is the service on?

It doesn't start for reals until the 3rd. Right now they are doing stress test, characters played now will be deleted when the OB starts for reals on the 3rd.

They are running the test for about 3-4 hours every night until then.

Ashodin

It doesn't start for reals until the 3rd. Right now they are doing stress test, characters played now will be deleted when the OB starts for reals on the 3rd.

They are running the test for about 3-4 hours every night until then.

Yep. It's tough for me to stay up every night to play the stress tests. I have a distinct feeling that playing during the day will be a lot less people considering that we'll be online in the morning hours there.

Shiryu

Neo Member
RO2 Facebook Page said:
Dear Asgardians,

We are happy to announce that OBT will start tomorrow, 3rd January 2013, at 1300 HRS (+8 GMT)! That is less than 19 hours from now!

However, it's with our deepest apologies that we announce we will not be able to provide the RO2 game service to players outside of our optimised countries - Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam - due to our licence agreement with the game's developer, Gravity Co., Ltd.

These aforementioned licence terms will take full effect from the start of OBT tomorrow and we deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused to players. We are extremely grateful for the support you have shown RO2 so far and we thank you again for being a part of this journey. Thank you all!

So basically, I downloaded everything to set me up for OBT (since I had no possibility to enter the stress tests plus didn't want to bother with wipes) and now they're going to lock out everyone not from Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam or Malaysia?

People are going mad on the Facebook page of RO2. I really want to give the game a go until it comes to the west (EU preferably, but I reckon it'll come to the US first).

Ack. Should have known that would happen.

Using the licensing agreement as a scape goat is so transparent because there was never any issue with this previously, like during CBT. This was the inevitable result of their cheap servers being unable to handle to load, which is pretty shameful on their behalf.

So disappointing, was looking forward to leveling/raiding with you GAF.

OK, that's disappointing.

Can't wait to have our own server where GM's sell overpowered gears to top spenders. :/

*goes back to WoW

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So basically, I downloaded everything to set me up for OBT (since I had no possibility to enter the stress tests plus didn't want to bother with wipes) and now they're going to lock out everyone not from Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam or Malaysia?

People are going mad on the Facebook page of RO2. I really want to give the game a go until it comes to the west (EU preferably, but I reckon it'll come to the US first).

Not shocked. Hopefully gravity was paying attention and picks up the slack for the west

V_Arnold

Is the game available for EU players? No VPN/proxy trickery needed?

Edit: nevermind, they are backing out already. Oookay. :p

Top Bottom