• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

Reikon

It's not up until 2 AM tonight bro

Why do people post times without a time zone? It's not like everyone lives in your time zone or knows where you live. It might be understandable if you're referring to the server time, but it starts at 2 PM server time.

By the way, it won't start at 2 AM for anybody in the US. 2 PM server time is 10 PM PST/1 AM EST.

Xamdou

Why do people post times without a time zone? It's not like everyone lives in your time zone or knows where you live. It might be understandable if you're referring to the server time, but it starts at 2 PM server time.

By the way, it won't start at 2 AM for anybody in the US. 2 PM server time is 10 PM PST/1 AM EST.

Thanks for posting the 10PM pacific time!

Well.. got in but the lag is ridiculous. Takes 30 seconds for a spell to cas.t

EDIT: Got a nice feel of how the game will be at least.. I didn't actually kill anything. Feels like WoW but I love the art

Asgardians! Thank you for helping us out! We have found a problem to solve, and are closing the servers to do some maintenance. Servers will be up after an hour from now. Please do not try to log in again until the official announcement for server revival is made. Stay tuned!

That took like all of 14 minutes

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The problem probably is something along the lines of "our servers cant handle all these americans".

EDarkness

Got into the game, but I can't get full screen and the game runs pretty bad on my system. Still, at least it looks cool, but they have to do something about the performance.

docbon

Got into the game, but I can't get full screen and the game runs pretty bad on my system. Still, at least it looks cool, but they have to do something about the performance.

I had to run it on window at 1920x1080 and it magically became fullscreen.

EDarkness

I had to run it on window at 1920x1080 and it magically became fullscreen.

Unfortunately, my monitor doesn't go up that high, so that's not even an option. Even so, the correct resolution is listed, but when I select it a message pops up saying something about wallpaper size. No idea what it's talking about.

docbon

Unfortunately, my monitor doesn't go up that high, so that's not even an option. Even so, the correct resolution is listed, but when I select it a message pops up saying something about wallpaper size. No idea what it's talking about.

Yeah, exactly the same issue I had. Try using your monitor's native resolution in window mode if you haven't already.

...are characters supposed to be this girly? They all look like girls.
lUu1z.jpg

They'll be ready once they IP block everyone who isn't actually in South East Asia. :p

As much i hate IP block, it's unreasonable to expect 2 servers to handle players from around the world especially if its a f2p game. WoW has like 200+ or 300 server and they arestill having issues during Expansion release.

Though I'd be really mad if they block my country from playing international/SEA server as the company who could potentially get the license of this game here is fucking corrupt, like selling gears for real money with bonus stats that far exceeds what you can legally get ingame.

Mastamind

Got to level 6, but I couldn't harvest monster as artisan...anyone else tried being artisan?

worked fine for me. You can only gather after the mobs are looted.

You need the sparklies on the mob to be able to gather.
B0Dxs.jpg

gathering animation
Mymdo.jpg

Cant get the mouse icon to show up, but its a picture of a brown puddle and a sword when you mouse over something you can gather.

Hey guys ... played a bit of the beta last night and WASD movement was totally working then, but now its not. How do I re-enable it?

Edit : Oh ... its working now. Odd. Same Server / Channel as last night? Server that starts with an E + Channel 3?

theta11

So I made a character...hoping this is alot of fun, RO was really my first MMO and it brings back alot of memories. (Will forever hate those red flies!)

tnaden

Damn it.
I have two problems:
1) No text on buttons or in options. Not sure what causes this.. On a English(GB) w7 running administrator.
2) Crashes as it finishes loading the game/world after I select my character and press "enter game" (oddly the only set of buttons with text on them..).

Managed to turn on the music at least..
EDIT: Oh the test is over already? 10 PST is less then 4h ago.. How short are these stress tests?!

Got to about lvl 4 or 5.. don't recall. Not bad. I enjoyed it. I love the environments and the colors.

Acolytes aren't nearly as shitty as they were in RO which is nice.

rouken

this is so good. having fun playing. :) definitely is a 3d RO.
the khara quest system definitely is a great idea, also there's a quest being triggered by a loot from a monster. i also got a neat headgear and a poring card, that's when i felt its really ragnarok. :D

• minor gripes are the lag, hopefully it won't be that bad in the obt.
  • music is okay at most, what i love though is the login music.
  • menus and window shortcuts are so confusing and the font is the worst font i've ever seen.

im definitely not spoiling myself now so i will just wait for the obt next week, it will be a waste of time knowing the character will be wiped out. :) share your thoughts about it here so other users will know if this is a game for them.

also notify me if your name is still not in the player list in op. thanks

taku

I tried combining 5 different cards but it was unsuccessful, haha.. just my luck.

So far, I'm not liking this game at all compared to RO1 though ;(

squidyj

this is so good. having fun playing. :) definitely is a 3d RO.
the khara quest system definitely is a great idea, also there's a quest being triggered by a loot from a monster. i also got a neat headgear and a poring card, that's when i felt its really ragnarok. :D

• minor gripes are the lag, hopefully it won't be that bad in the obt.
  • music is okay at most, what i love though is the login music.
  • menus and window shortcuts are so confusing and the font is the worst font i've ever seen.

im definitely not spoiling myself now so i will just wait for the obt next week, it will be a waste of time knowing the character will be wiped out. :) share your thoughts about it here so other users will know if this is a game for them.

also notify me if your name is still not in the player list in op. thanks

Gafname squidyj
character name squidyj
role Swordsman -> Warrior
Job blacksmith

worked fine for me. You can only gather after the mobs are looted.

Cant get the mouse icon to show up, but its a picture of a brown puddle and a sword when you mouse over something you can gather.

In the first server it didn't work, but when we changed server it worked flawless? Maybe a problem with the server?

Edit: Got level 7/9.

EDarkness

So basically swordsmen are tanks? Just looking over the class and some moves are there like "taunt" and such. I take it to be a pure damage dealer, I'll have to play as a thief?

So basically swordsmen are tanks? Just looking over the class and some moves are there like "taunt" and such. I take it to be a pure damage dealer, I'll have to play as a thief?

Knights are primary tanks.
Warriors tank adds as well as do DPS, so they are a hybrid.

Pure damage dealing classes are Rogue, Assassin, Ranger and Wizard.

Top Bottom