• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

Xanathus

Played until the 2nd map, then asked myself "Why the fuck are you wasting your life on this?" and uninstalled the game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hopefully someone will find out how we drop in the RO Music and play it in RO2. :D
1. Make a RO music playlist in your music player of choice.
2. Mute the in game music in RO2's options.
3. Hit play in the music player.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Raide

1. Make a RO music playlist in your music player of choice.
2. Mute the in game music in RO2's options.
3. Hit play in the music player.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Perfect.

What's a good zkylon-derived female name for my archer?

XxSexyZkylon69xX

lol51

Somewhat disappointed that all the cards +Stat? What happened to have immunity to X or % Chance to inflict X? Those cards are what drew me to iRO and changing the cards like this completely misses the point.

Ryuuga

Banned
Played until the 2nd map, then asked myself "Why the fuck are you wasting your life on this?" and uninstalled the game.

image.php

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's a BGM folder in the installation directory with all of the music in MP3 format, should be fairly trivial to swap it out for other music.
Only if there's no crc checking involved when launching/patching the game.

It's not as good as ROs, but then not many VG soundtracks are. It's not bad or anything, I'd describe it as inoffensive but not especially memorable. Their biggest issue was eschewing the eclectic and catchy synths of soundtemp from the original in favor of a more generic orchestrated sound that really doesn't stand out in any way.

Ashodin

It's not as good as ROs, but then not many VG soundtracks are. It's not bad or anything, I'd describe it as inoffensive but not especially memorable. Their biggest issue was eschewing the eclectic and catchy synths of soundtemp from the original in favor of a more generic orchestrated sound that really doesn't stand out in any way.

Well to be fair, SoundTEMP's music is from the early 2000s' haha. It has that "sound" to it, and using it here would have been culture shock lol.

I think getting SoundTEMP to make remixed new versions would have been amazing though.

omlet

So, what, that entire soundtrack composed by Yoko Kanno for RO2: The Gate of the World just disappeared into the aether never to be used?

Man, I hope not. I've had that OST since 2007 and still listen to most of it fairly regularly. Din Don Dan Dan 4ever yo.

Platy

yeah, the memories of sitting beside a priestess in prontera is coming back. :( all the headgears i gave that "girl". lol

I'm a girl ... and I made male chars to avoid this kind of thing ... and everyone called my assasin with pink hair a priestess ><
Even when I was NOT using Big Ribbon =/

Name Platy, girly headwear (is there mainly headwear in Ragnarok ? xD) and pink hair in a ponytail don't help your male char =P

CTLance

I just found out about thi- waitaminute, no "MERCHANT" job?

I am flabbergasted.

I know there's a new system in place, but .... it's not the same.

Now downloading. Judging by download speed I can be lucky if I have this installed and patched by the time the open beta actually comes around. Jeez.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ugh... RO is such an AMAZING game... ='(

It's what made me realize what classes I TRULY enjoy most in ANY RPG or MMO I play. These characters look so freaking STACKED it's not even funny.
Your post reminded me that while the game was indeed amazing, the RO anime was the worst anime I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a lot. :(

DJIzana

Your post reminded me that while the game was indeed amazing, the RO anime was the worst anime I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a lot. :(

Story wise, I'll agree. I actually like how they did the attacks and the world itself. It really feels like Midgard.

Rootbeer

Banned
I love the graphics in this game... it reminds me of Radiata Stories on PS2 :p

Well, I'm downloading the client now in hopes of playing on Jan 3rd.

Platy

Don't talk about the anime ... that sucked.

Talk about the Ragnarok Online spinoff that was AWESOME !

Talk about :

W00M6.jpg

Most fun combo system ever made ? TOTALY !

What??? The RO Anime was great (I was also highly addicted to RO while watching the anime and so that probably made me think it was god's work) hahaha

DJIzana

Talk about :

W00M6.jpg

We clearly have different taste. That spinoff has absolutely ZERO appeal to me. :p

What??? The RO Anime was great (I was also highly addicted to RO while watching the anime and so that probably made me think it was god's work) hahaha

This is probably why though. I feel the exact same way hahaha!

SeZMehK

IMHO The RO anime didn't appeal to my tastes. I used to play RO on my friend's private server. The anime felt kind of lame.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was highly addicted at that time as well, but it only made the whole thing worse to me, as I saw my favorite game world butchered by terrible characters, story, stupid fanservice (Yufa eating a banana in almost every episode, what) and lazy graphic errors.

Talk about :

W00M6.jpg

Clearing the whole game together with 2 friends was awesome. Only thing better about it was that you could throw your allies using heal, lol.

squidyj

I love the graphics in this game... it reminds me of Radiata Stories on PS2 :p

Well, I'm downloading the client now in hopes of playing on Jan 3rd.

oh man.... radiata.... maybe I'll plug in my ps2 tonight

after listening to the bgm folder all I recognize are like 7 tracks

Armin Pass
Blessing Road (kind of butchered)
DinDonDanDan
Intro Theme
Kafra_Fly_ClapWalk
Prontera South
Prontera Theme

tafer

So many memories from the original game: the amazing music, the huge and interesting world, the classes, WoE, etc.

But then I remember the bad stuff: broken classes, glitches, lag, less than stellar administration, the bots and certain people. Well the last 2 are hardly specific to RO, but boy... they were nasty.

DJIzana

TurtleSnatcher... you should make a "GAF plays Ragnarok Online again!" topic. I'd totally be in for that. As would many others too, I'm sure. (I'm actually downloading RO again, too.) I noticed you said you're playing it too. What's your character name?

Top Bottom