• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

Ezalc

It's been updating since like 2 in the afternoon and it hasn't even gotten to 20% yet most likely. And that's just the Current progress bar, not the Total one. It's that bad?

Ezalc

It's been at this for hours.
Here's a pic of how it is:

jb0CVcPVdGD6zK.png

Ezalc

Alright, I was finally able to do everything. Made an acolyte named Tarask on the server you said Taku. Also made a thief named Harlock. I wanted a character named Gene but the name was taken :C

tafer

Honest question, when the official release for the rest of world (hehehe) is, well, released. Are you guys going to abandon your progress on this servers and move to the "correct" servers, or keep going ?

scurker

So they must've really nerfed archers. Not only does the acolyte I create do more damage, they also have more hp. I'm about ready to give up with my archer because I have to basically swig pots just to defeat anything.

Also is there any way to transfer items between characters? I've put a few things in Kafra Storage expecting them to be available for both characters but it doesn't seam to be.

Mastamind

So they must've really nerfed archers. Not only does the acolyte I create do more damage, they also have more hp. I'm about ready to give up with my archer because I have to basically swig pots just to defeat anything.

Also is there any way to transfer items between characters? I've put a few things in Kafra Storage expecting them to be available for both characters but it doesn't seam to be.

Ingame mail?

Hybrid897

Been playing this for a few days and have gotten my swordy to level 13. Is anyone else bothered by everything simply increasing stats? There are no item modifiers whatsoever as far as I've seen; runes + stats, titles + stats, food + stats, potions + stats, cards and their set bonuses + stats.

Monsters only spawning at one point and the game 100% relying on fetch/kill quests is a downer as well. I have no intention of making another character because of them.

I haven't tried refining yet, needs level 28 for me to buy upgrade stones?

Also why can't I equip a shield or any other weapon other than a sword till around level 30?

Rune/Rage system seems interesting though same with khara system. Green Zeppelin is Amazing.

Which version of the installer do I dl from?

http://ro2.playpark.net/download.html

*From the US btw.

I'm from Australia and I used the torrent, which is shown as thailand.

Ezalc

Anybody have tips on how to make a decent monk? What stats and abilities I should focus on as an acolyte? It's my first time playing anything ragnarok so yeah.

Einbroch

Banned
Honest question, when the official release for the rest of world (hehehe) is, well, released. Are you guys going to abandon your progress on this servers and move to the "correct" servers, or keep going ?

The reason I'm not playing. The second they announce the US/worldwide version I'll play that, but I'm not risking an IP ban after investing tons of time on this version.

Sora_N

The reason I'm not playing. The second they announce the US/worldwide version I'll play that, but I'm not risking an IP ban after investing tons of time on this version.

I'm just gonna slowly try to class change to Monk, then play a bit and stop. I want a feel of the game first before I decide to play on whatever server in the future.

Mandoric

Banned
So, I have 95% hitrate and yet my spell's are missing 1/5 of the time even against mobs 2 levels below me. Anyone else noticed this?

Hit rate and MAcc don't appear to be connected. What affects MAcc is a mystery. (Hopefully it's not Will like it was at one point, that'd suck.)

Sora_N

so... for RO

Should I go Classic or Renewal?

I think Renewal is a bit faster for levelling. I made a Thief last week but then I got pretty bored, guess playing RO for like 10 years in the past just killed me inside so I never enjoy the game anymore lol.

How do you get the tokens used to purchase the level 25 gear in Izrud Hill?

I'm currently lvl 21 but I want to prepare my gear for Monk Job Change since most people I know says, lvl 25-27 monk is painful until geared.

NinjaJesus

Would anyone know why when my game loads up to the log in screen it's zoomed in really far? I tried changing the resolution and it doesn't help at all. It does it on this and Baulder's Gate: Enhanced Edition. I tried taking a screenshot to show and example, but the screenshots come out fine D:.

What are the mechanics of the 2nd boss on Izrud Cave(the one with 2 Hydra adds and hes standing on water)

on my first try and halfway along the battle, suddenly everyone lose their health without any "announcements" or visual cue that something is happening(if there is I can't see it).

demonkaze

Been looking to try out the open beta, I have the client downloaded and patched to the 2nd Jan with the manual patch but when I run the game it gets stuck on the "updater" part, with the blue squares, how do I get past this?

Pacman2k

Been looking to try out the open beta, I have the client downloaded and patched to the 2nd Jan with the manual patch but when I run the game it gets stuck on the "updater" part, with the blue squares, how do I get past this?

Chances are its not stuck. Just wait it out.

i remembered i had downloaded the client and couldn'tplay when advertised.

Started it and it's updating. it's fucking updating. and probably gigs ... dammmit!

Ydahs

I became a ranger a couple of days ago and since then I've put in maybe one or two hours only. Kinda got bored after a while since the quests basically became 'kill 15 of these monsters' or 'collect 5 drops from these monsters'. Hard to stay motivated when we're still asked to do the same quest 20 hours into the game.

Might take a few more days off before giving it another shot.

Holy Balls is Einherjar laggy.
Yeah it's the laggiest server because I believe it has the most number of player being the oldest among the 3.

Is the GAF guild on Einherjar still alive? My Character is Feredir, currently a level 27 Monk, 35 Alchemist.

And has anyone leveled up past 27-30? Is it really normal to ran out of quest?

Raide

Was thinking about making a Monk but the priest levelling is so boring. Much like RO then. :D I heard you loose your Aco skills when you turn though, is that true?

Was thinking about making a Monk but the priest levelling is so boring. Much like RO then. :D I heard you loose your Aco skills when you turn though, is that true?
Acolyte leveling is fantastic and boring lol. Fantastic because you are immortal with Renovatio, there is no downtime since you are always at full health and you can solo all the Boss mobs np. Boring because you only have 1 real offensive spell(Holy Light), the other offensive spell are either useless(Lex Divina) or extremely situational(Oratio).

Monk is the exact opposite since you lose all your acolyte spell(no renovatio :/) you will be sitting to eat almost every 2-3 kills, use in combat pots more than your money can sustain but monks are extremely fun mechanic wise. And also, you cannot solo bosses anymore since you lose the HoT. Being a bulky class with a blink and the biggest nuke in the game(Asura Strike), I can see them as a top PVP class .

EDIT: after reading their forum, it seems like the mobs are buffed on everything by 50%, the experience is reduced by 50% and some random skill nerf because SEA gamers are more "skilled" compared to the Korean version. This probably explain the grindy game. Hopefully, International/NA server will be the same as kRO2 ver.

so... for RO

Should I go Classic or Renewal?

The populations of both aren't bad since the server merge.

If you've played RO for a while previously and want to see something new, play renewal. The 3rd classes can do some crazy stuff. See some big numbers flying around.

I play on classic. I find I kind of missed the precarious balance Storm Gust/Magnetic Earth fights produced. Also it's a newer server so you wouldn't be that behind on gear, relatively.

Top Bottom