• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

KrawlMan

So I'm actually enjoying this game. The UI is kind of ugly/crude at times, but I like the art/world/music.

In iRO I played Monk and while fun I wanted to try something drastically different this time around (I'm making the assumption that Monk is mechanically similar to the way it was in iRO).

For anybody who has played these classes, Sorc or Wizard?

Mandoric

Banned
Anyone on Jormungand want to do Vador? Bonus points if you don't all agree we need 10 to beat him at lv25, and them immediately decamp to another channel when the help shows up.

mus6677

Anyone on Jormungand want to do Vador? Bonus points if you don't all agree we need 10 to beat him at lv25, and them immediately decamp to another channel when the help shows up.

Im in Jormungand. Lvl 25 Priest if u still looking for Vador. Search me Mindless in game

KrawlMan

Assuming GAF is still on the einherjar server

GAFNAME - In-game Name - Class (Role) - Job
-----------------------------------------------------

KrawlMan - HaoKan - Magician->Wizard - Artisan

So I decided to download this but it's going ridiculously slow, hopefully it gets faster as the download progresses. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: It seems to slowly be getting faster, still slow though.

KrawlMan

Is there any way to respec in this game?

I'm still a Magician so I'm not trying to switch classes, I just realized I might want to try Sorc instead of Wizard and my current skills are not great for a Sorc.

Mandoric

Banned
Is there any way to respec in this game?

I'm still a Magician so I'm not trying to switch classes, I just realized I might want to try Sorc instead of Wizard and my current skills are not great for a Sorc.

Yes, but it's cash shop, but it can be traded in-game, but most people shouting want exorbitant amounts by lowbie standards.

KrawlMan

Yes, but it's cash shop, but it can be traded in-game, but most people shouting want exorbitant amounts by lowbie standards.

Ah, thanks. I'm not terribly far into the game and I could probably level more efficiently a second time around. Maybe I'll just restart.

squidyj

The important question is whether NA is getting KR or SEA's mob stats/rates.

I predict SEA after my time spent playing, I could just imagine one-shotting mobs out of stealth with my ranger.

Doing Izrude Cave and some of these fights aren't clear, Penomena keeps hitting me for massive damage while I'm killing his adds and I have no idea why that's happening.

Mandoric

Banned
I predict SEA after my time spent playing, I could just imagine one-shotting mobs out of stealth with my ranger.

Doing Izrude Cave and some of these fights aren't clear, Penomena keeps hitting me for massive damage while I'm killing his adds and I have no idea why that's happening.

I'm assuming SEA rates too, which would make it not really worth bothering with since the cash shop will probably cost more too. If we get KR rates maybe I'll flip over even though the game seems like it'd be a pushover with those.

Peno is goddamn annoying, he likes to freak out and splat ranged players. The groups I've been in that beat him just ran tank/dps/dps/heals/heals and had healer #2 dedicated to healing healer #1. It also helps to have rDPS stand right on the edge and run back out if they get his attention, I guess? I know he two-hit me a couple times before I learned to just hold S when my HP suddenly halved.

Krabardaf

Began to play this game.
The first Ragnarök is the only MMO i played a lot, and i have nostalgia just thinking about it :p

It seems fine, somewhat classic MMO to my neophyte eyes, but cool.

One thing though, is really bothering me. The framerate is (fortunately) solid. But the game still looks sluggish as hell. I suspect animations of the characters and camera to be the root of this problem.

Any report or comments on this? Is it known? Tried on two PC and it's the same.

ScRYeD

I'm finally able to select my custom resolution for Downsampling.

From 2880x1620 to 1920x1080
iDSCgUUdU5pz4.jpg
Hooray for alot less JAGGIES.

Began to play this game.
The first Ragnarök is the only MMO i played a lot, and i have nostalgia just thinking about it :p

It seems fine, somewhat classic MMO to my neophyte eyes, but cool.

One thing though, is really bothering me. The framerate is (fortunately) solid. But the game still looks sluggish as hell. I suspect animations of the characters and camera to be the root of this problem.

Any report or comments on this? Is it known? Tried on two PC and it's the same.

exactly the same for me, no idea how to fix it though.

Shoyz

Sorry about the bump, don't see any newer topic.

Beta for the US version starts on the 18th, just over a week away.
WarpPortal citizens that have both a Ragnarok 1 and pre-Register for Ragnarok 2 will receive a special Ragnarok Devoted prize* in both games! (provided they hit level 10 in the Beta)
Participating in the Beta will earn VIP benefit at launch for your character.

Early pre-registers originally got grab bag entries (but that's over)

They just unveiled the Ragnarok Devoted prize on Facebook, the "Saintess Costume":
m3K9Rqh.png

Meia

I played RO1 like in 2004, haven't since. Wonder if I'd even be qualified, and what I'd have to do to make the system recognize it. That's pretty neat.

Shoyz

I played RO1 like in 2004, haven't since. Wonder if I'd even be qualified, and what I'd have to do to make the system recognize it. That's pretty neat.

Judging by the wording, I'm hoping all you need to do is have registered RO1 on your WarpPortal account. Hopefully not having to play it as well, since I don't want to!

Ashodin

Sorry about the bump, don't see any newer topic.

Beta for the US version starts on the 18th, just over a week away.
WarpPortal citizens that have both a Ragnarok 1 and pre-Register for Ragnarok 2 will receive a special Ragnarok Devoted prize* in both games! (provided they hit level 10 in the Beta)
Participating in the Beta will earn VIP benefit at launch for your character.

Early pre-registers originally got grab bag entries (but that's over)

They just unveiled the Ragnarok Devoted prize on Facebook, the "Saintess Costume":
m3K9Rqh.png

Oh is it finally coming? Nice. Don't have to do all that SEA IP forwarding jank to get on there.

Qvoth

will there be an ip block? i'm living in indonesia and during the open beta we got blocked...
either i'll stick with this or neverwinter i guess, depending on which i like more

They turned that off when it started bleeding users :lol

Unfortunately, the user bleed means it gets pretty deserted.

wait wait.. you mean to say the sea ro2 is actually no longer ip blocked? goddamn those idiots
oh well not like it was that great of a game anyway

Midou

I jumped in because of how many similarities it had to the original RO in like character model artstyle even, plus all the classes and everything. I got to level 10 in OB, and pretty much felt like themepark MMO in RO skin, mostly going for nostalgia grabs. It's quite unfortunate. Original RO2 had a lot going for it, it felt fairly unique but they left a lot of the game unimplemented, I don't like the direction they went with in the end.

I know I never got very far, but running back and fourth between NPCs feels like a huge drag after GW2's streamlining of that awful aspect of MMOs. If you don't have a story followup or something to a quest, don't make me run back. Playing my Thief and mashing 2 a few times then 3 on occasion is also not something I can really complain about too much given that I didn't get to a high level or anything, yet somehow stuff like Double Attack being a passive in RO1 and activating on occasion on its own felt much more satisfying then mashing it as a button.

so does this game control like the first RO... its still to this day my most played game ever... but wasd controls are not my bag...

It has a 'click to move' that feels quite sloppy, it does not really do anything like RO other than use similar class names and skins of enemies and whatnot.

so does this game control like the first RO... its still to this day my most played game ever... but wasd controls are not my bag...

Nothing like RO1, nothing at all. Feels like I'm playing Eden Eternal again, which itself is just a really terrible wannabe World of Warcraft, without the kinda cool anywhere class swapping but same: crummy controls, movement, quest hubs, animations, face rollin'/spamming of 111121211 and sometimes 3 as said above.

RO2 Legend of the Second was just something that needed to be slapped together at the last minute after the original RO2 was in dev hell for all those years, which is a shame, that version looked pretty cool with the different races having different leveling of their classes and how the characters, at least the humans, had a base level and a class level. While it wasn't like RO1 in that you could have a full STR and LUK wizard, it still allowed you to fine tune parts of your character while not allowing you to go off the deep end and force a total character remake.

BiggNife

Has anyone here tried the Steam version? It keeps hanging at the launcher for me. It says "Connecting to Warp Portal, Please wait..." and then it never connects. I can't seem to find any info about this online.

Has anyone here tried the Steam version? It keeps hanging at the launcher for me. It says "Connecting to Warp Portal, Please wait..." and then it never connects. I can't seem to find any info about this online.

No but I had the same problem with ROSE online when it came out and wanted to try it again for shits and giggles. I tried it week of and one week later but still had the same problem, at that point I said screw it and just got rid of it.

Platy

Good news for most people online :Ragnarok Online 2 is not avaliable in steam for the entire Brazil country

US version works fine if you don't launch it from steam.. just go run RO2client.exe and it will start updating, etc.

There's only 1 server at the moment... Odin

wrowa

It's pretty telling that there's been more excitement for the launch of the SEA server than for the International version.

It's just a pretty bad game all around. Fans of RO1 stopped being excited once they realized it doesn't share anything of RO's gameplay, while for everyone else it's just a cheap WoW clone. It's remarkably unremarkable.

BiggNife

US version works fine if you don't launch it from steam.. just go run RO2client.exe and it will start updating, etc.

There's only 1 server at the moment... Odin

Except that 1) this defeats the purpose of playing on Steam since you can't use the overlay and 2) While Warp Portal is up now, their registration still doesn't work so I can't make a new account.

I'm just going to wait until this crap gets ironed out, I think.

Took my five minutes of refreshing to get my account made on the warp portal website.
But once you do that you need to attach a RO2 game account to it which is easy and then launch the game through it's .exe in your steam folder.
Spent about thirty minutes with the game and yeah, it's a F2P rpg. The ui is clunky and the starting area is a lagfest but the semi-nostalgia is nice.

Top Bottom