• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragna's Story is over - Thoughts? *Spoilers for BlazBlue*

Rymuth

I realize I'm probably one of two people who enjoys BB for its story but I finally finished CentralFiction and I'd like to talk about the plot since the OT is mostly about discussing the mechanics and/or exchanging network IDs.

So Ragna has been erased. Given that I've seen this happen in other shonen work, the finale wasn't as impactful as it wanted to be. It's not an un-satisfying resolution, mind you, I was just expecting to be mind blown and I didn't get that from this ending. I think the fault lies with Mori setting up the behind the scenes players as some sort of gigantic God-like invincible beings but it all amounted to is just two dudes punching each other in the nether.

Mostly, I'm disappointed at how useless everyone was to the world's salvation. Yes, I realize this is Ragna's story but in GGXrd, every character felt instrumental to the plot and gets their own arc along with moments of triumph.

Some minor thoughts-

- What happened to the fate of Kaka? They made a big deal about their short lifespan and how Tao would save them but that got swept under the rug

- Speaking of Tao, Jubei tasked Tao of helping Ragna. Considering their meeting as kids, I figured Mori was setting her up to be the trump card that brings Ragna from the brink or something. Again, -poof- that went nowhere

- Carl never saved his sister......oookaaay...

- Terumi is finally destroyed but Hazama is supposedly still alive. Why? Is he too popular to kill?

- Why is Azrael so strong? I really couldn't be bothered to figure out why everyone was afraid of Terumi or whomever...Azrael can literally punch through time and space. Why isn't he the main villain??

- Finally, why the hell was everyone was broken up about Minerva dying?? She's an assist character that showed up in the last game yet her 'death' invoked more emotions out of everyone than the deaths of some of the original cast....the eff??

Tl;Dr - Mori can't reign in his story for shit. Ishiwatari and Co should give him some writing lessons.

What did you think of Central Fiction and does it make you excited/apprehensive about Mori's next work (considering he said it won't be a fighting game)

Top Bottom