• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege: 5 million at launch, 13 million registered now.

EL CUCO

Pls don't be a ash picker
Hmmm...thanks for the tip
*picks Ash*
Grinch-Smile-GIF-the-grinch-27844611-500-363.gif

When I think about all the games I have played already this gen (over 100) Siege is in my TOP 3. Its just so fun to play Terrorist Hunt...just like those long nights playing R6:Vegas

jmizzal

I usually get bored FPS online shooters after awhile, but I have yet to get tired of this game since I got it last Spring.

I think its that its one of the few shooters where every character is unique, and only one of the same characters per game

Is it just me? Seems this is the most popular game you almost never hear about. It is supposed to be great but you never heard anything about it.

Is it just me? Seems this is the most popular game you almost never hear about. It is supposed to be great but you never heard anything about it.

It used to be that way but I hear about it pretty regularly now. Game is huge, I mean 4 million weekly players is no joke

Swig_

I bought Siege and then Overwatch came out right after. I haven't even played Siege yet. I really need to.

Yeah you're right, it is very popular, must be just me I never hear about it like Destiny or the other big shooters.

Well keep in mind as big as this is Destiny is far larger. That game is gigantic. And you're for sure right for months the game was totally flying under the radar with very little "mainstream" buzz. It's just the past 6 months or so people are really catching on and it's gaining some big momentum now

nahlakhai

Literally if there weren't so many bugs, I would argue that this is the best MP game this gen.

Definitely would be tied with OW in my eyes if it wasn't as buggy, there was better match making/server stability, and a better "carrot on a stick" system for the skins and loot. That's coming from someone who thinks OW is on a game of the generation type of level.

It says a lot that a game with abysmal matchmaking, hit reg, netcode, and servers still manages to be my favourite shooter of the past couple of years purely on how cleverly it's designed and plays.

Burt

Yeah, really fantastic game, totally deserves it. Would have my time and money, but my Ubi allotment is going to For Honor.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Siege, Halo 5, and Overwatch are the trinity of great MP FPS games. Not only for this gen, but longer than that.

Carlius

Banned
no wonder i can find players fast on pc version in south america. just started playing it, like it a lot, but its hard

It's an amazing game and my favorite mp shooter to come out in almost a decade. It really feels like this era's counter-strike. If you get it now check out the community thread as there are multiple gaf groups for different platforms that you can get in on and find people to play with!

Love the game, so glad it's getting better and better.

But my god, their matchmaking (their ranked matchmaking is STILL marked as a beta) and netcode leaves a lot to be desired. Very much hoping Ubisoft is going to make some good strides in there in year 2.

Hopefully the community gets an even larger bump with the free play weekend!

over 13 million registered players

they're counting people that have played the beta and free weekends.

Could be. But they're differentiating launch month from the 13 million so I don't think beta counts here.

Also the weekly number is impressive. Article was published before this free weekend (Jan 30th).

demolitio

Best game in the past decade for me and the closest I'll get to the feeling SOCOM used to give me.

I just wish they didn't do this free weekend at the same time as the GR beta since we're talking about Ubi's servers.

Tuesday is gonna be fun though. :)

Keihart

It's my favorite MP game of the generation so far to me, bugs and all.

I've even bought the season pass just to show some support since it's really no necesary at all, i'm really glad that is getting a full second year of support and is doing well.

Quarter finals were pretty fun also, the tension on the matches is pretty high.

AaronMT86

I tried this game today. First impressions are not that good for a new player. Nobody talks on the microphone, you die instantly, and end up sitting around for three~five minutes doing nothing. This was in the unranked quick mode.

Keihart

I tried this game today. First impressions are not that good for a new player. Nobody talks on the microphone, you die instantly, and end up sitting around for three~five minutes doing nothing. This was in the unranked quick mode.

every round is like 3 minutes and something, so no more than 3 minutes in support mode. Now, it is called support and not expectator because you can support your team while dead...but yeah, it's a LOT better with teammates, but i do enjoy it with random regardless.

Do the situations. Aka tutorial levels, they're gonna be useful and give you lots of renown to buy some operators.

Also, watch the video tutorials for more renown.

Played some of the free weekend, might end up splurging on it and having it be my MP shooter alongside Overwatch. Reminded me of Counter-Strike if Counter-Strike was fun.

Bishop89

Respawn takes the tension and stakes out of the game.

Leyasu

Banned
I would love to get this, but buying an online shooter with terrible servers is a no-no.

Good old ubi

Top Bottom