• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege: 5 million at launch, 13 million registered now.

Picked it up during the Winter Sale. Since then I've bought the bundle for the Year 1 Ops and also just bought the S2 pass. It's definitely a game I thought I wouldn't enjoy. Glad I gave it a shot.

nOoblet16

Cod, but I definitely didn't like it. My point was, we are individuals and what one likes or doesnt shouldn't sway our feelings to things so much. But, that's basic business structure. Apple affect etc

I have been calling siege the best easily since beta but its still what I like.

Now, I'd like someone to take it deeper. No sprint, fast running with weight and physics in running. Harder more realistic gun control. Map specific objectives etc

Analog control with various speeds up to a full on run. Can't stop on a dime etc

Weight and drag physics for downed members. Bandage work for the injured. Lights out control with night vision goggles etc.
Which COD game achieved higher numbers a year later than it did at launch ?

Also Siege isn't really suppose to be realistic, its military fantasy with a large degree of tactical play involved that's centered around those fantasy based abilities. That's what makes it work, taking it deeper to do what you are asking would just make it a different game. If you want another Arma then that's what you'll get with those...not another deeper Siege.

Rymuth

Well it's a damn fine game.

And this is coming from someone who plays with randos and doesn't use mic. The uniqueness of the game is worth the price of admission.

KingV

During the first free weekend I got team killed every round for two games in a row.

Then I switched to terrorist hunt and one of the teammates was griefing.

Fuck that game, worst community ever. I played for over an hour and had one legit match.

Picked it up during the winter PSN sale and its really just such a solid game - the most fun MP i've had in years and years, probably since CoD4 dropped.

During the first free weekend I got team killed every round for two games in a row.
Fuck that game, worst community ever. I played for over an hour and had one legit match.

That just sounds like a bit of bad luck, while there is occasionally some bullshit its pretty damn rare. I've got about 60 hours logged in and 95% of that time has been fantastic matches with great players.

I mainly play THunt and there is the occasional team killer but the rest of the squad usually puts them in their place. This is the rare MP game I play with a mic. If i accidently shoot someone i just say sorry and we move on. If someone rages over it you vote to kick or just find a new room. Not the end of the world..

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah you're right, it is very popular, must be just me I never hear about it like Destiny or the other big shooters.
Because only Overwatch has the same popularity in MP online actually... Destiny has over 30 million and Overwatch over 25 million registered users.

Welp I was really excited for the Wildlands beta and thought it was weird that Rainbow 6 was having a free weekend during the same time. I ended up hating the beta and playing 6 and enjoying 6. I just bought the game now on the PSN store for $25. And I just bought Ash and Pulse thanks to the recommendations (and hate) from you guys in this thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new operators play!

cripterion

Good for those who like it, I personally think it kinda sucks and the fact that this catches on means less and less chance of getting back a classic Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear experience.

Good for those who like it, I personally think it kinda sucks and the fact that this catches on means less and less chance of getting back a classic Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear experience.

Thats why i didn't pick it up initially, it just wasn't what i thought i wanted and i was a bit put off at no campaign. I'm really glad i eventually caved as its still a really amazing game, even if its not what a lot of us would have preferred. It still feels far more "tactical" than anything on the market, despite being a far cry from its roots.

It reminds me a lot of Spy vs Mercs mixed with Rainbow Six - and thats pretty rad. Lets be honest too, the last time we had classic Rainbow 6 was 15 years ago - Ubisoft arn't bringing t back.

Gurish

Didn't realize the game was such a success, was it on lots of sales or anything? how did it reach those numbers?

Anyway good for them.

Rocketz

Didn't realize the game was such a success, was it on lots of sales or anything? how did it reach those numbers?

Anyway good for them.

It had a few sales and a few free weekends like this but it's a unique FPS in today's market. Nothing really matches it at the moment so it's found that footing.

Plus with small updates coming 1.5 months and large DLC ones coming every 3 (along with be free for everyone) there is a relatively constant stream of new content. Year 2 of the DLC starts Tuesday so the game isn't slowing down anytime soon.

Top Bottom