• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege: Blood Orchid out September 5th, full details

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
wait, what did the Season Pass cover?

i bought some gold edition on amazon a while back for like $35 but now upon reinstalling it i unlocked a ton of stuff including all the new guys.

You most likely had the Year 1 Pass. That would get you 8 operators.

Sephimoth

New ops look interesting, although I tend to buy them and stick to my favorites

Side note, but how prevalent is hacking/cheating in this (PC)? The past week (about 10 hours of play) I've been getting completely destroyed every match, coming out with mostly zero kills, compared to my usual few. And there's always a guy with about 8-10 kills
in the lead wrecking everyone.

Maybe just bad luck...

KodaRuss

Really sucks that they delayed this a week so it is going up against Destiny 2 for my PS4 time right now.

Ill give it a whirl tonight, I havent played a game in about a month or so.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
mm this game is quite good. forgot how much i enjoyed it.

really like this waifu train we have joined as well, about time

You most likely had the Year 1 Pass. That would get you 8 operators.

yeah that checks out. solid content for $15, i'll bite for S3

Miker

New operators are super fun. Lighting changes and QoL changes are welcome, and it seems to be a relatively smooth roll out of a huge patch, at least on PC. Best shooter of this gen just got better.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
New operators are super fun. Lighting changes and QoL changes are welcome, and it seems to be a relatively smooth roll out of a huge patch, at least on PC. Best shooter of this gen just got better.

No lies detected

Yeah, lost all of saved data from Situations and it says the new Operators are "coming soon" despite having the Year 2 Pass on PS4. Any idea what's up?

If I ignore some choppy Steam download speeds tonight, everything went smoothly. New operators are super fun - especially when you hear sound of Ying's candellas going off in quick succession :D

Gotta get (much) better at hearing Lesion's poison arrows going off though, and then looking where exactly, so I can finish enemies off.

Edit: also looking forward to learning the new map. Seen it once (properly) so far, and I quite like its music.

silvestri

Neo Member
Yeah, lost all of saved data from Situations and it says the new Operators are "coming soon" despite having the Year 2 Pass on PS4. Any idea what's up?

Same here. Situations data is lost or reset and all Operator settings are gone. Needed around 15 minutes to add attachments back to the weapons. Else the other data seems fine. Nothing critical gone.

Wozzer

Started playing Siege again last week after only giving it a few games when purchased a year ago. I've been struggling to play much else since.

The difficulty curve feels huge though. Finding that I am steadily improving but would love to have the means to get better faster. (Help pls.)

There seems a huge advantage on knowing the maps, not only from having better knowledge on where to aim and good choke points but also where to place your unique abilities, where the static objective points are, spawn locations and how to quickly navigate as a droid.

I'm surprised all the hate for limiting the maps. I'd like to see a CS:GO approach to map selection... let the player pick. As a new player I'd gladly wait a little longer for match making if it meant I can focus on a select few maps that I can learn faster.

Sure you'd end up with a similar scenario as CS where a small pool of maps get all the focus (dust, dust2, mirage, inferno, cache, cobble) but as a player that doesn't seem too much a negative for the benefit of preference/game mastery.

Compsiox

Banned
Started playing Siege again last week after only giving it a few games when purchased a year ago. I've been struggling to play much else since.

The difficulty curve feels huge though. Finding that I am steadily improving but would love to have the means to get better faster. (Help pls.)

There seems a huge advantage on knowing the maps, not only from having better knowledge on where to aim and good choke points but also where to place your unique abilities, where the static objective points are, spawn locations and how to quickly navigate as a droid.

I'm surprised all the hate for limiting the maps. I'd like to see a CS:GO approach to map selection... let the player pick. As a new player I'd gladly wait a little longer for match making if it meant I can focus on a select few maps that I can learn faster.

Sure you'd end up with a similar scenario as CS where a small pool of maps get all the focus (dust, dust2, mirage, inferno, cache, cobble) but as a player that doesn't seem too much a negative for the benefit of preference/game mastery.

I mean if you don't have all the map knowledge youll probably end up in the same skill range as those that are the same.

For someone who has not played in about a Year (Since the DLC with BOPE) is it too late to get back into it? Also can I get a rundown for what happened with operation health and why it was so bad?

Alienous

For someone who has not played in about a Year (Since the DLC with BOPE) is it too late to get back into it? Also can I get a rundown for what happened with operation health and why it was so bad?

The meta hasn't changed enough to be impenetrable - you could roll right back into it.

Operation Health was a non-event, mostly. The promise was an aggressive attempt at getting Siege to a far better level of stability, but in actuality it took the form of standard patches. It had also taken the spot of DLC season, and was blamed by Ubisoft as the reason why the map for that season wouldn't be releasing, resulting in a lot of ill will toward it.

That said it seems like the major elements that Operation Health promised came with the first Blood Orchid patch. Matchmaking improvements, lighting changes, the core underlying structure of the game reworked to prepare for future patches, and apparently 1000 bugs fixed.

Zushin

Hmm never played any Rainbow Six game. Worth getting into Siege at this stage? If so, would the Year 2 bundle be best?

maxmars

My save data doesn't seem to be recognized anymore, with this new update. My attachments are unlocked (which would be tied to my account), but not equipped (tied to my save data).

My Situations are also at 0%.

Anyone else having this issue?

Same here. It's been annoying re-configuring ALL the weapons and attachments. Oh well.

Hmm never played any Rainbow Six game. Worth getting into Siege at this stage? If so, would the Year 2 bundle be best?

Now is the best time to get into the game.

I think year 1 edition is better since it gives you 8 year 1 operators but I don't think they sell it anymore. Check out the complete edition too (Y1&Y2 passes included).

Before I started knowing the exact layouts of maps and rooms, something that helped me a lot was paying heavy attention to the compass whenever I was droning. It lets you get a decent handle on your location on the map in relation to stuff and lets you do callouts in relation to major locations, like calling out northwest stairs for example. Using this in conjunction with learning names/locations of rooms helped me get past that initial learning curve a lot. Something else you can use to "cheat" a bit is that cameras/drones can also see your ping. If you find a person and are trying to set up a shot/explosive kill through a wall/floor you can ping a location and then drone/camera it up to use your ping as a reference to know exactly where to aim.

derFeef

And the team killing and vote to kick has started.

I had this experience as a new player last year. Is this a common issue?
I got tked at round start because I was a new player numerous times - and decided then to never touched the game again.

Wozzer

I mean if you don't have all the map knowledge youll probably end up in the same skill range as those that are the same.

That may be true for ranked, and I really hope it is, but for the 21 levels I need to grind out of casual first it couldn't be further from true.

Casual matchmaking looks to be focused on getting you into game as quickly as possible, rather than finding balanced teams. Almost every game it's painfully clear who the veterans are vs me.

Before I started knowing the exact layouts of maps and rooms, something that helped me a lot was paying heavy attention to the compass whenever I was droning. It lets you get a decent handle on your location on the map in relation to stuff and lets you do callouts in relation to major locations, like calling out northwest stairs for example. Using this in conjunction with learning names/locations of rooms helped me get past that initial learning curve a lot. Something else you can use to "cheat" a bit is that cameras/drones can also see your ping. If you find a person and are trying to set up a shot/explosive kill through a wall/floor you can ping a location and then drone/camera it up to use your ping as a reference to know exactly where to aim.

Good advice, I've certainly been neglecting the compass so will start focusing on it. It quickly became apparent how valuable the droids are, and I've gone from rushing then blind into the objective spam locating enemies till I'm blown up to instead placing myself in rooms before the objective, safe but with wide angles and trying to have two cameras up for my team round wide. Arguably now my favourite bit of the game.

Top Bottom