• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

LAM09

This seems highly irregular, based on my own experience.

In fact, I find myself creating a party of one lately, just so I don't have to manually mute their mics all the time. Sometimes, I'd just rather not hear them.

Good mic users are more rare though... I can agree on that. But there has definitely been more than I can count on my fingers and toes. Maybe it's your region?

It seems to be a big issue in EU on all games.

Feeroper

Hey everyone - how is the population of this game on the Xbox One? Someone got this game for me with a gift receipt as well in case I wanted to exchange it for something else.

I'm happy to play on Xbox One though as I don't know anyone that plays this game on either platform, but I do like the Xbox Controller quite well. Unless there is no population on Xbox or the game severely underperforms on Xbox compared to PS4 that is.

andycapps

Hey everyone - how is the population of this game on the Xbox One? Someone got this game for me with a gift receipt as well in case I wanted to exchange it for something else.

I'm happy to play on Xbox One though as I don't know anyone that plays this game on either platform, but I do like the Xbox Controller quite well. Unless there is no population on Xbox or the game severely underperforms on Xbox compared to PS4 that is.

Runs at a higher res on PS4, I think both populations are pretty healthy though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Glad I've had this free time to dig into this - as I find my footing I like what's going on.

I think I need to find the operators that click with me...

I'm still unlocking & figuring these guys out:

Ash | Sledge | Thermite
Rook | Doc | Smoke | Bandit

But are there any DLC ops I should look at as a beginner? I have S1 season pass already.

Beaulieu

matchmaking on ps4 seems fucked tonight. getting kicked for innactiviting while in a loading ? wtf. here goes my platinum I guess.

Mics are hardly use on PS4 from my expierence. Over 120 hrs played since release and I can count how many people I've encountered using mics on one hand.

playing high level ranked with randoms, 90% of the players are using the mic

OG Kush

Glad I've had this free time to dig into this - as I find my footing I like what's going on.

Ash | Sledge | Thermite

But are there any DLC ops I should look at as a beginner? I have S1 season pass already.
Ah didn't know you s1 pass as well. Don't the dlc operators just unlock straight away then? Buy sights, grips and barrel attachments for all your guns. Look up operator guides on YouTube, that helps a lot. The operators may seem straight forward at first but there is a lot of nuance with each one. Learning what situations they play best at, learning their gun recoil patterns etc.

Then you also got to learn the maps. Each map so dense its can be pretty intimidating. The fact their is destructability just adds to it, as people can create new lines of sights very easily. When you're dead watch how your teammates play. Also during the preparation phase on defence, watch what walls people tend to reinforce, where they place gadgets and you'll start to get a feel for the ebb and flow of this game.

Just had some great matches with my friends and two random Anericans(I think). Teamwork really does make the dream work in this game, even if connection issues try to get in the way.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Ah didn't know you s1 pass as well. Don't the dlc operators just unlock straight away then? Buy sights, grips and barrel attachments for all your guns. Look up operator guides on YouTube, that helps a lot. The operators may seem straight forward at first but there is a lot of nuance with each one. Learning what situations they play best at, learning their gun recoil patterns etc.

Then you also got to learn the maps. Each map so dense its can be pretty intimidating. The fact their is destructability just adds to it, as people can create new lines of sights very easily. When you're dead watch how your teammates play. Also during the preparation phase on defence, watch what walls people tend to reinforce, where they place gadgets and you'll start to get a feel for the ebb and flow of this game.

Yeah, I have all the DLC guys unlocked + most of the core group. Buying red dot sights and recoil reduction grips for em all, too.

I'll take a look at some YT vids, thanks.

Rocketz

I never have issues finding matches and terrorist hunts on Xbox. Your good if you want to keep it.

OG Kush

Yeah, I have all the DLC guys unlocked + most of the core group. Buying red dot sights and recoil reduction grips for em all, too.

I'll take a look at some YT vids, thanks.

Just be wear though that every patch changes a lot of things so if you watch video from say 6 or 12 months ago the game could've changed a few things. Take for example claymores and impact grenades. These were only added in September and switched things up a bit.

On another, finally got to Platinum 3 solo queuing. I only play with randoms and no mic so this is quite an achievement for me hah. I really should get a mic.

andycapps

Ash | Sledge | Thermite

Valkyrie's black eye cameras are pretty important. Buck is also useful especially due to his grenades. Blackbeard despite the recent nerf is also important, though not a character I enjoy playing as at all.

Archpath1

What you guys think new operators can offer in gadgets besides new guns?

What else is there? I lack knowledge in tactical/military devices

Motion sensor is something everyone has been saying for a while but other than that I have no idea how they're going to do 8 more operators

Ivan 3414

Does renown expire? I haven't played for like two weeks and when I start up my game today I lost a ton of renown and the default R6 points that came with the season pass

OG Kush

Does renown expire? I haven't played for like two weeks and when I start up my game today I lost a ton of renown and the default R6 points that came with the season pass

Never heard of this... it doesn't sound right. Have you done a search for other people experiencing the same thing?

I believe it's a known bug, I've seen multiple posts about it on /r/Rainbow6

I'm not sure what the resolution is/was however.

Anon67

They could offer a special riot shield for one of the new defenders. Probably not the best idea but I could see them implementing this.

Finally grabbed this during the sale(and spent two days downloading it, thanks internet), and even doing the situation tutorial things has been fun. I'll be jumping fully into the multiplayer once I've finished figuring out what all the buttons and weapons and stuff do, but if anyone wants to add me for some poorly executed shenanigans, my uplay name is my gaf name.
I tend to be on late EST though

Does this game have an issue with hackers on PC? I know the Division had hacker issues (might still have them, not sure) and don't want to deal with it.

Edit: thanks!

Does this game have an issue with hackers on PC? I know the Division had hacker issues (might still have them, not sure) and don't want to deal with it.

Ever since they introduced Battleye earlier in the year, my experience and understanding from others is that it's been squeaky clean. If any hacking props up, it's usually taken care of swiftly to the point where an in-game notification will pop up saying "Battleye banned X player" to discourage that behavior further. They seem to take that stuff seriously!

Man, I don't know what the last couple of patches did but the game has become really buggy out of game on PS4.

Just so many blank loading screens requiring a restart or not being able to start a Casual or Ranked because I hit a blank loading screen.

Ubisoft please... It's been a year.

Fury451

Banned
Man, I don't know what the last couple of patches did but the game has become really buggy out of game on PS4.

Just so many blank loading screens requiring a restart or not being able to start a Casual or Ranked because I hit a blank loading screen.

Ubisoft please... It's been a year.

Yeah, some days I have no issues at all, others it seems like every game I have a disconnect or crash when going into a game.

Fuze's cluster charges shouldn't have gotten such a huge buff. If one gets in an objective room, it just clears out everything.

I think he has subtly changed the game- I see way more roamers (even if it's just adjacent rooms) than before. I like it.

OG Kush

Yeah, some days I have no issues at all, others it seems like every game I have a disconnect or crash when going into a game.

I think he has subtly changed the game- I see way more roamers (even if it's just adjacent rooms) than before. I like it.

And thats why I love the montagne buff. When there's loads of roamers, best tactic is to just straight push the objective with montagne.

Fury451

Banned
And thats why I love the montagne buff. When there's loads of roamers, best tactic is to just straight push the objective with montagne.

That too. I've seen at least one Montagne per game (though not always every round) pretty consistently lately. They're usually good players too. Conversely, I rarely see Blitz. I see Fuze with a shield more often than Blitz.

frontovik

Banned
I've been playing this on and off for the past year, and am getting a tad tired of playing with pubs.

Is there still a solid GAF core that plays on PC/uPlay? We should group up!

GravyButt

Thinking of picking this up on the Xbox one? Hows it holding up player wise? Easy to jump on and find a game socially or is it hardcore kind of people now?

Thanks!

Ps: the complete edition thats on sale on Xbox live comes with the game plus both seasons pass 1&2 correct?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking of picking this up on the Xbox one? Hows it holding up player wise? Easy to jump on and find a game socially or is it hardcore kind of people now?

Thanks!

Ps: the complete edition thats on sale on Xbox live comes with the game plus both seasons pass 1&2 correct?

Pretty sure it does.

Game Description: The Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Complete Edition includes the base game plus 2 years of content with the 8 Legacy Operators Bundle, and the upcoming content in the Year 2 Pass. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege invites players to master the art of destruction. Intense close quarters confrontations, high lethality, tactics, team play, and explosive action are at the center of the experience. Instant access to the 8 operators from the Year 1 Season Pass: Buck & Frost, Blackbeard & Valkyrie, Capitao & Caveira, Echo & Hibana. 1 week early access and instant unlock to the next 8 Operators plus 8 Exclusive Headgear, 8 Exclusive Uniforms, the R6 Carbon Charm, 600 R6 Credits, 1 Year VIP Privileges until February 7, 2018, and more.

CrayToes

Sertiously, Ubisoft. Why the fuck am I playing against a full team of Arabians on UK servers? This is so stupid.

Edit: twice in a row. Full team of 200+ pings. I can't believe this is actually a thing that happens.

GravyButt

Pretty sure it does.
Perfect bought the complete edition. How do I know if it downloaded anything for seasons pass 2? Doesn't show anything under manage games, just says complete edition. Reason Im wondering is because I never got the 600 credits, or not seeing them anywhere?

Noobcraft

The standard edition Rainbow 6 Siege is $20 on XBL currently and I have $25 Xbox credit. I'm thinking about picking it up but I have a few questions.

1. Do I need the season pass to have access to all the levels or is it purely cosmetic?

2. How is the language in multiplayer? I'm not talking about communications with other players, but the actual game audio. Do characters use vulgar language ingame during multiplayer? (I don't play mature games around my 3 year old, but I don't want him to pick up F-bombs if he happens to hear me playing)

I've been playing this on and off for the past year, and am getting a tad tired of playing with pubs.

Is there still a solid GAF core that plays on PC/uPlay? We should group up!

There is a discord for gaf PC players. I don't have the link right now but you might be able to scan the thread for it.

The standard edition Rainbow 6 Siege is $20 on XBL currently and I have $25 Xbox credit. I'm thinking about picking it up but I have a few questions.

1. Do I need the season pass to have access to all the levels or is it purely cosmetic?

2. How is the language in multiplayer? I'm not talking about communications with other players, but the actual game audio. Do characters use vulgar language ingame during multiplayer? (I don't play mature games around my 3 year old, but I don't want him to pick up F-bombs if he happens to hear me playing)

1. The season pass only gave you the operators a week early and with no renown (xp) cost. All the maps are free for everyone. At this point I'd recommend getting the gold edition if you can, as getting the xp for all the year 1 added operators now would take a while.

2. There is cursing in the voice lines. When thermite plants a charge he sometimes yells out 'really big fucking hole coming right up'.

Noobcraft

1. The season pass only gave you the operators a week early and with no renown (xp) cost. All the maps are free for everyone. At this point I'd recommend getting the gold edition if you can, as getting the xp for all the year 1 added operators now would take a while.

2. There is cursing in the voice lines. When thermite plants a charge he sometimes yells out 'really big fucking hole coming right up'.
Thanks

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys i got a kapkan ace the other day, i thought you guys might enjoy, it was my first ace ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSDQ34d8hE

Perfect bought the complete edition. How do I know if it downloaded anything for seasons pass 2? Doesn't show anything under manage games, just says complete edition. Reason Im wondering is because I never got the 600 credits, or not seeing them anywhere?

I'm not sure i, have you downloaded the full game? It should all be there i think.

Rocketz

Plague of leavers this day on quick play. I haven't seen it this bad in a while.

Of course it's on my team as well so it doesn't help.

Top Bottom