• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The more I play the game, the more I like it. Finally getting a base level of understanding of the maps & operators and it's really starting to gel.

I am considering getting Year 2, but I feel like the hamster wheel of operator unlocks will keep me playing the game more.

Some questions:

-do you just use renown to buy cosmetics?
-if you have both Season Passes, do you use your credits for cosmetics as well?

Man I can't stop playing this game, so great and endless possibilities to encounter attacking.
I didn't buy the season pass do saving up renown to unlock an operator keeps me going. Mute and Thatcher are my go to no matter what. If someone else selects them I just go crazy with any random.
A huge F Up to kids who team kill and leave before being reported.
Completed Final Fantasy XV, enjoy Battlefield 1 but this game (R6) has me hooked.

So much better when people have mics and communicate (xbone)

Been taking a break on siege for awhile (I just got BF1). It's nice to see this game is sustaining it's audience and are gaining new players every day on every platform across the board!

The more I play the game, the more I like it. Finally getting a base level of understanding of the maps & operators and it's really starting to gel.

I am considering getting Year 2, but I feel like the hamster wheel of operator unlocks will keep me playing the game more.

Some questions:

-do you just use renown to buy cosmetics?
-if you have both Season Passes, do you use your credits for cosmetics as well?

Renown is also used to buy attachments for your weapons, get a acog sight on your smgs and rifles, that thing is extremely useful. And yeah credits are solely for the cosmetic stuff if you're low on renown.

I think he has subtly changed the game- I see way more roamers (even if it's just adjacent rooms) than before. I like it.

I don't mind that he was buffed, but it is ridiculous how potent he is now. His grenades can reach people in totally different rooms through soft walls or drone holes. Its crazy (and highly annoying when its a critical round).

I now own this damn game on all three platforms. I have a problem.

Yea I just recently bought this on PS4 and I'm feeling a bit dirty. The only time I double dip is if I no longer own the original copy. :[

If anyone needs a good player on PSN, I'm your guy. PSN ID is Platinumb_

Crumbtiny

Just picked this up during the XB1 sale. Any Gaffers playing? Loved doing terrorist hunt in the early days of Xbox Live so for $20 it seemed like a good deal. Don't know anyone who plays it, but would be a lot of fun to have a group to coordinate with.

GT is Gashlycrumb.

Archpath1

Just picked this up during the XB1 sale. Any Gaffers playing? Loved doing terrorist hunt in the early days of Xbox Live so for $20 it seemed like a good deal. Don't know anyone who plays it, but would be a lot of fun to have a group to coordinate with.

GT is Gashlycrumb.

I'm on Xbox - archpath1

Hit me up fellow gaffers

KodaRuss

So I booted up the game for the first time in about a month or two and pulled off a 3v1 Clutch in my first round. My heart was pounding again. This game just flat out delivers, love it.

KodaRuss

I encountered a bug last night on Barnett University where you could see through barricaded doors, is this a known bug? I havent been playing at all since the map came out.

I'm playing a ton again right now and loving it but this game is still buggy as all hell.

PS4 matchmaking is busted up. They just can't seem to fix the game in any meaningful way. Always some nagging issue.

Fury451

Banned
I don't mind that he was buffed, but it is ridiculous how potent he is now. His grenades can reach people in totally different rooms through soft walls or drone holes. Its crazy (and highly annoying when its a critical round).

Well, considering I played with a friend the other night and team-killed him through a wall despite him being nowhere near a place it should've hit him, I may agree with you.

The third charge is great, but they do need to reduce the radius a bit or something.

mf.luder

Went into t hunt last night and got killed by twitch and her shock drone (team killed).

Went into casual, was an attacker and got team killed right after spawning.

These people are pathetic and ruins a great game.

Fury451

Banned
Went into t hunt last night and got killed by twitch and her shock drone (team killed).

Honestly after playing Ranked, going back to Casual (and even THunt) is a nightmare and simply not fun. Not only are a lot of players terrible (not really a criticism if you're learning the ropes, but I'm talking about people that are like rank 50 or above and still bad at team play), but the team killing is out of control.

Occasionally it happens in Ranked, but it's more rare and is often accidental. I have seen people team kill when losing and a surrender is denied though.

I guess the two-kill = kicked thing is good, but I wish there was a better way to handle it.

Yep.

Been dealing with this stuff since launched and it hasn't gotten any better sadly.

Console or PC?

120 hours? On PC...literally never been teamkilled on purpose at beginning of a round in either MP or TH besides a friend being an asshole.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
disabling the text chat & turning off player names made this game 100 times better

no more BigDicNeegor calling everyone a faggot over and over again

DQDQDQ

Console or PC?

120 hours? On PC...literally never been teamkilled on purpose at beginning of a round in either MP or TH besides a friend being an asshole.

Console.

If that's true for you... well that's good for you and I'd say you're lucky.

Thing is it doesn't have to happen to you to be an annoyance. I don't believe you've put 120 hours in and never been in a match where either your teammates have started killing each other or the enemy team has. Starting a match 5 v 2 makes for an easy win (usually) but isn't necessarily the fun I'm looking for.

Realistically I think if we step back from the moment it's happening, team killing isn't the rampant problem it feels like. It's just when it does happen it's infuriating, and the "penalties" are laughable and do nothing to discourage the behavior. These people should be permanently put into a separate queue with others of their kind, with no way to ever earn their way back into the real queues.

edit: Also the change to require everybody on the team to vote a person out is idiotic and is contributing to this problem. Ever since it required 4 votes to kick somebody out, every team killer I've seen has had a friend with them to prevent the vote kick.

Console.

If that's true for you... well that's good for you and I'd say you're lucky.

Thing is it doesn't have to happen to you to be an annoyance. I don't believe you've put 120 hours in and never been in a match where either your teammates have started killing each other or the enemy team has. Starting a match 5 v 2 makes for an easy win (usually) but isn't necessarily the fun I'm looking for.

I said it's never happened to me. I've definitely seen it happen to the other team, but that's only ever been in casual. Also, I still don't know if that person is on Console or PC...you seemed to have quoted my post for some reason.

I asked PC or Console because anecdotally, 90% of the posts in here, and on the subreddit, complaining about TKing, are from people on console. Just the observation I've made.

I remember I had the game briefly on PS4, played TH, and got TK'd immediately. It was my first ever TH game as I had literally just launched the game like 30 min prior.

DQDQDQ

I said it's never happened to me. I've definitely seen it happen to the other team, but that's only ever been in casual. Also, I still don't know if that person is on Console or PC...you seemed to have quoted my post for some reason.

I asked PC or Console because anecdotally, 90% of the posts in here, and on the subreddit, complaining about TKing, are from people on console. Just the observation I've made.

I remember I had the game briefly on PS4, played TH, and got TK'd immediately. It was my first ever TH game as I had literally just launched the game like 30 min prior.

I have it on relatively good authority that alpinestars1980 is on console, apologies for not being clearer.

I think people on consoles exaggerate how bad the problem is, I do it too, and it's because it's super annoying when it does happen. I also think the PC people exaggerate how little it happens on PC.

Most people complaining about any problem with this game are presumably on console, as most people playing the game are on console. That doesn't mean you're wrong either, it's just if you read posts about Siege the common retort to a complaint about team killing is either "it's never happened to me" or "play on PC" and neither are particularly helpful.

I do wish I had your luck in this matter though.

AlexBasch

Bought the regular version and boy I'm already regretting it. People are goddamn hardcore in here and I keep getting killed by those tubes that throw explosive hockey pucks or whatever haha, then there's the teamkilling and votekicking. I better improve at this shit soon. :p

Fury451

Banned
As far as occurrences, I'm on PS4 and have a loooong time in the game (had it since launch, but seriously started playing it in Ranked January of 2016 and haven't really stopped). Inside Ranked matches, I've been intentionally team killed about 10 times that I can remember clearly, usually when it's clear we are going to lose a match, and not much more than that.

In Casual, i can't really say 100%, but it's happened a lot there. It's not terribly often given how long the game has been out, but usually someone is getting TK'ed on one team or the other in Casual once per every other match.

Bought the regular version and boy I'm already regretting it. People are goddamn hardcore in here and I keep getting killed by those tubes that throw explosive hockey pucks or whatever haha, then there's the teamkilling and votekicking. I better improve at this shit soon. :p

Yeah, Fuze got buffed to do more damage with those haha. Stick with it though, it's worth it once you figure out some of the nuances to operators. Highly suggest some YouTube videos on operators and playstyles also- icycat25 is a good one for those.

KodaRuss

Keep in mind you are jumping into a pretty hardcore game over a year late. Learn the maps and pick operators that do not require a lot you (Rook, Ash, Kapkan, Sledge for example).

Learning the maps is by far the first step, you gotta know where everything is to be effective in this game.

I have it on relatively good authority that alpinestars1980 is on console, apologies for not being clearer.

I think people on consoles exaggerate how bad the problem is, I do it too, and it's because it's super annoying when it does happen. I also think the PC people exaggerate how little it happens on PC.

Most people complaining about any problem with this game are presumably on console, as most people playing the game are on console. That doesn't mean you're wrong either, it's just if you read posts about Siege the common retort to a complaint about team killing is either "it's never happened to me" or "play on PC" and neither are particularly helpful.

I do wish I had your luck in this matter though.

mf.luder is the poster in question, not alpine. But I digress.

But you are correct, those statements are not particularly helpful, but that's what happens when Ubisoft does not take a hard line stance on the matter. They really need to include a "Report Toxic Behavior" along with the Report Suspicious Activity option.

Or just implement reflective FF damage so when you shoot a teammate the damage is reflected on you.

New to this game on pc, but is there a reason why Temporal Filtering looks so bad but gives me the most fps even when I turn off AA? My resolution is 1080p

Compsiox

Banned
The real life Valkyrie Cam revealed:

q:100
It's actually a microphone that lets you use Google assistant wherever it's plugged in.

AlexBasch

Got my ass destroyed yesterday but managed to pull off some wins by breaching from the roof, throwing flashbangs and weeding out people in corners.

It was like 1 W / 9 L, but at the end I was like
c5f34f4b5ff022e6c595246d1762b8c18ba627769ff01f9ac4e2f0f4149c8b0b.jpg

Thanks for the advice, by the way! Been experimenting with some unlocks and I don't think I can memorize all characters, but I'll try. :p

Got my ass destroyed yesterday but managed to pull off some wins by breaching from the roof, throwing flashbangs and weeding out people in corners.

It was like 1 W / 9 L, but at the end I was like
c5f34f4b5ff022e6c595246d1762b8c18ba627769ff01f9ac4e2f0f4149c8b0b.jpg

Thanks for the advice, by the way! Been experimenting with some unlocks and I don't think I can memorize all characters, but I'll try. :p

I wouldn't try to actively learn all the operators. That'll come naturally. I honestly recommend that in the beginning you just focus on having fan and figuring out the general flow.

You'll do much better as a player if you look for things like where attackers are entering from, where defenders like to hide and how to hold an angle. In that regard, spectating after a death is invaluable (and the replay cam too).

I'd probably priotize map knowledge above all else were I to relearn the game and was focusing on something.

Mmm. Pulled off a delicious 1v4 clutch yesterday. I hauled ass for my team but we still lost because my team sucked and a jerk decided to quit early.

We actually went 5-7 because the overtime ended in a draw.

I clutched twice that game. Feels so good

Fury451

Banned
mf.luder is the poster in question, not alpine. But I digress.

But you are correct, those statements are not particularly helpful, but that's what happens when Ubisoft does not take a hard line stance on the matter. They really need to include a "Report Toxic Behavior" along with the Report Suspicious Activity option.

Or just implement reflective FF damage so when you shoot a teammate the damage is reflected on you.

I like reflective damage. My pipe dream would be implementing it up to a loss of half a teammates current health before it reflects; that way you don't straight kill them, but you also don't take away the importance of watching crossfire.

But I don't even know if that's logistically possible, and it would cheapen the overall threat of bad planning and tactics quite a bit.

Anon67

Yeah I see this occasionally in casual and rarely in competitive (actually saw this happen the other day). It's one thing to accidently teamkill but another to intentionally. Ugh... I assume they just think "oh it's just a game" and give no thought to how they are ruining it for everyone. These are the worst type of players in any multiplayer game IMO.

People killing teammates intentionally don't really care if they're on mic or not

I've noticed a large wave of newbies on Xbox these past 2 weeks. Probably all the Xbox gifts people received including this game on sale.
It's kind of weird how each day makes this game very different from another. But recently I've seen a ton of team killing (without reason) total dicks who don't even care to play the game ruin the game for everyone else.

Biggest pet peeves is this one, you can be too if your team in kills and score but if you're the last guy standing or even fail to clutch they vote kick you ASAP. Such BS

Auctopus

Damn, was about to go Platinum but somehow we had an absolute dead weight on our team - they seemed so lost and just kept setting traps off and giving away positioning.

Then again, I only discovered today that Twitch tasers destroy CCTV.

Damn, was about to go Platinum but somehow we had an absolute dead weight on our team - they seemed so lost and just kept setting traps off and giving away positioning.

Then again, I only discovered today that Twitch tasers destroy CCTV.

Yup CCtv, kapkan traps, mute scramblers, the shock guys electrical batteries and the best, people.

Yesterday I finally witnessed 4 enemies come down a roof hatch at the exact same time. I was in the room and was only able to down 1 of them. A huge WTF OMG moment lol.

flkraven

That feeling when your team leaves, so you and your boy win a round 2 v 5, then your team fills back up and you lose the next round 5 v 5.

Top Bottom