• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

fr0st

Banned
So is rook really that important on defense? I see him Everytime on enemy defense but no one uses him when I'm defending lol

xezuru

So is rook really that important on defense? I see him Everytime on enemy defense but no one uses him when I'm defending lol

I'm new as fuck but seems like armor gives 1-4 more body shots, which can save your life but is kind of whatever when in a game where any gun can 1hit headshot. That said, I do prefer impact grenade gameplay and the mp5 feels really good.

OG Kush

I'm new as fuck but seems like armor gives 1-4 more body shots, which can save your life but is kind of whatever when in a game where any gun can 1hit headshot. That said, I do prefer impact grenade gameplay and the mp5 feels really good.
Yeah the Mp5 is a beast. The impact names are great for setting up no routes in the set up phase or even during the game.

andycapps

I think he's almost essential on defense. His armor upgrade is very helpful for teammates and the MP5 is one of the best guns the defenders have.

Auctopus

The thing about Rook is, you only have to press L1 and you've already been heplful towards your team. He's an excellent pick for newbies as his MP5 is a great, stable gun too. New players don't have to worry about where to place their special item, just plant it in the middle of the floor and you're helping out your team.

Honestly, the only time I don't pick Rook on defense now is if I need a different primary weapon.

Keep ending up in teams with a Jäger who doesn't bother to plant ADS and just position themselves to spawn rush.

Very annoying when they fail in that regard and then the attackers are able to kill us with fuze charges

CrayToes

Keep ending up in teams with a Jäger who doesn't bother to plant ADS and just position themselves to spawn rush.

Very annoying when they fail in that regard and then the attackers are able to kill us with fuze charges

Jaeger is so important now that Fuze has been buffed. I know your pain.

Auctopus

This might be salt talking but I kinda wish plastic explosives couldn't be used like grenades. The wait time between getting the detonator out should be extended.

andycapps

This might be salt talking but I kinda wish plastic explosives couldn't be used like grenades. The wait time between getting the detonator out should be extended.
I think it already has enough of a delay to not be a big deal. That and the time to throw one and the limited distance it goes. Most of the time I don't use a C4 to try to get kills because almost all the time it gets me killed.

KodaRuss

Got a clutch last night on Hereford base. My entire team died after about 30 seconds in and I pulled it off with Thermite. Heart was pounding.

However, nothing is worse than teammates that will not listen in this game or pay attention in the game. Three instances last night of just idiotic play, This is all Ranked.

-If you fucking pick Thermite (very quickly from the menu I might add) you better use your fucking breaching charge, I am Thatcher outside the second floor wall of Armory on Border talking to a non mic Thermite who is not listening and dies inside the building on the other end of the map.

-If we are on Hereford base and we are defending the armory (basement) and you are 1 of two people left on our team with 15 seconds to go you better not be on the fucking third floor while we watch your screen as our last teammate dies and both remaining enemies are in the armory securing

-If you are DBNO be aware of what kind of risk you are going to put your teammate in if he/she is able to pick you up when you dont fucking move. My teammate (No Mic) would not fucking move away from the teller window on Border in a DBNO stage (there was 1 enemy left in the teller room and it was me and my DBNO teammate left). I was able to kill the guy in the room but fuck did that not piss me off. "Sledge come to me so I can get you" "Move backwards I cant get you from there" /Mark the screen where he can safely move to.... Nothing...

If you are new to the game or just suck I get it, we all suck in the beginning but turn your volume up and listen to your teammates, be aware of what they are marking or just have an idea that defending the room would make the most sense in the last 20 seconds of the match.

KodaRuss

I'll take a Mute over a Jaeger as a Fuze counter. To be honest, if I don't have a Mute and I decide I'm staying in the objective room, I just rip out all the fucking windows.

Unless Fuze hits you from the floor above you then Mute is useless. Jaeger should always be used imo, Mute is just as essential though but not a replacement for Jaeger imo.

New patch on PS4 is... bad.

ADS aiming feels slower then it should. It's half the speed of my regular aiming despite the same setting on all aim.

I wish they would tone down the recoil on Tachanka's LMG. I get why they increased it to balance his shield but now a single shot is all it takes to knock your crosshair completely off target beyond a range of ten feet. Which means your only hope of effectively hitting a target is to tap fire it or aim below your target and hope the vertical pull does the rest, hardly a surefire way to get kills given the LMG isn't particularly powerful either.

Sensitivity is fine on Xbox. Still getting frequent crashes in ranked mode of course. It's bad enough that they haven't fixed it but at least acknowledge and talk about the issue. And who in their right mind wanted the dino legs fixed? That shit was hilarious.

No difference for me. Are you sure you didn't change it in the settings?

It took me forever to adjust to a feel that worked for me in the vanilla now they fuck it up even more? Shiiiiet

Feels the exact same for me at 50 setting. What settings are you running?

Feels the same to me.

I didn't notice any difference.

God damn, this is so weird then.

I run 30 sensitivity on all the settings and 5 for dead zone. I played a good 4-5 ranked games yesterday and noticed this problem throughout. I'm on a Pro as well. I ended up changing my ADS sensitivity to 45 to make it feel the same as it did pre-patch.

And they still didn't fix the Hibana PS4 glitch. Ubi pls.

flkraven

Unless Fuze hits you from the floor above you then Mute is useless. Jaeger should always be used imo, Mute is just as essential though but not a replacement for Jaeger imo.

This is where roamers need to do their job. If there are defenders camping inside the objective and defenders roaming around the map, those roamers are pointless if they are allowing Fuze to breach the floor above. If those roamers are killed by Fuze, then you know what's coming.

You really can't depend on Jaeger to defend against Fuze. His anti-nade gadgets only stop 2 nades each. That means after 1 Fuze charge, all 3 are spent, while Fuze still has 2 more charges.

Auctopus

I am really getting put with bad teams tonight. I know KDR isn't necessarily a sign of who's playing better but I'm ending up with double the kills than the top score on the enemy (winning) team and haven't won a single game despite near enough aceing some rounds.

Top Bottom