• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Someone raged at me on mic and then told me to kill myself after I told him to go outside and relax. Must have been super raged to get that upset over a vidya game because I havent experienced that since playing cod with 12 yr olds.
Thought it was hilarious because it came from nowhere

Best part: he was a gaffer

andycapps

Someone raged at me on mic and then told me to kill myself after I told him to go outside and relax. Must have been super raged to get that upset over a vidya game because I havent experienced that since playing cod with 12 yr olds.

Now I really want to know who it was. But probably shouldn't say.

Who was it?

Now I really want to know who it was. But probably shouldn't say.

Who was it?

Pls deliver. You'd be doing a public service.

CrayToes

Sorry. I was having a bad day.

frontovik

Banned
Does anyone pay attention to the pro league scene for this game? I wonder if it's as scandalous like other professional FPS competitions.

Does anyone pay attention to the pro league scene for this game? I wonder if it's as scandalous like other professional FPS competitions.

I watch Kix (ex-pro and current Pro League commentator) and Pengu (Pro on Penta Sports) streams here and there and IIRC both feel it wouldn't be surprising if throwing matches happened if it hasn't already.

I just watch MacieJay videos. I know of course his videos are edited so as not to include his losses but the stuff that guy pulls off is something else.

KodaRuss

Had some fuck on my team last night with another buddy of his that were "Not taking this season seriously" and "Wanted to get to Copper 1 as fast as we can"

So they were actively trying to lose in Ranked by opening up all the walls we were trying to defend or jumping off buildings to kill themselves. As soon as they saw we were going to win they started killing me at the start.

So I killed them first in back to back games and got kicked with a 15min penalty.

Fucking ridiculous.

KodaRuss

There was a big cheating scandal this summer with some dude who looked like he was using an aimbot during a tournament. He went on Reddit to try and defend himself and eventually quit. Ill see if I can find the thread.

JJShadow

Just bought the game, cannot wait to dig into it after seeing all the praise it constantly gets. Any beginner tips? Which operators are beginner-friendly or shoiuld be unlocked asap? I spend the initial hours playing the Situations in Realistic mode before venturing into the multiplayer

Just bought the game, cannot wait to dig into it after seeing all the praise it constantly gets. Any beginner tips? Which operators are beginner-friendly or shoiuld be unlocked asap? I spend the initial hours playing the Situations in Realistic mode before venturing into the multiplayer

Rook, Sledge, Kapkan, Fuze are all really good beginning operators I think.

KodaRuss

Just work on learning the maps (where the stairs are to get to each level, where cameras are and where objectives usually are) that is the biggest hurdle between new players and experienced ones.

Also, unlock a grip on the guns you want to use right away and watch the training videos if you havent already (free rep).

Rook, Sledge, Kapkan, Fuze are all really good beginning operators I think.

Picking Fuze and using his cluster charge in the hostage room is key.
Ubi has a bug where it counts it as a win for Attacking team when using his hockey pucks on the hostage. Use the strat while it last! Easy ranked wins. Diamond rank in 5 games guaranteed

Fury451

Banned

Learn the maps, situations is a good primer on skills. Use peek, and master angles- very important to gameplay.

Best beginner operators for attackers would be Sledge or Thatcher imo (use his EMP grenades when you see barricaded walls). Defenders would be Rook or Kapkan (put his traps at different levels on doors/windows).

I see those have already been mentioned, so there's a consensus for a reason lol

Ew why would someone want to remind everyone of the first Watch_Dogs?

-Deimos

Picking Fuze and using his cluster charge in the hostage room is key.
Ubi has a bug where it counts it as a win for Attacking team when using his hockey pucks on the hostage. Use the strat while it last! Easy ranked wins. Diamond rank in 5 games guaranteed

Can't tell if true or trolling. It's Ubi so a bug like that is totally believable.

Love attacking the archives as Sledge on Consulate. You can be in the room in about twenty seconds, waltzing straight past roamers and mess with the defenders before they're really ready

I just watch MacieJay videos. I know of course his videos are edited so as not to include his losses but the stuff that guy pulls off is something else.

He is very skilled, but people like him have insane headsets that allow him precision 3D tracking. You cant even crawl without having him hear you.

HiiiLife

Idk I feel I can hear just fine with these cheap 15 dollar skull candies. Like the sound of people clicking in their thumb sticks to lean left or right.

Auctopus

He is very skilled, but people like him have insane headsets that allow him precision 3D tracking. You cant even crawl without having him hear you.

3D Tracking? Are you talking about Binaural audio? That's more of a recording technique rather than hearing/playback. Most decent stereo headsets can support that.

xezuru

Yeah if someone could send me a discord PM that would be cool too, fuckin new af in this game and would be sick to have a crew

I have a few questions

1. I'm west coast and I usually have around 40 ping. I've only ever seen a few less than 40, and most are usually 80. Am I lucking out with low ping a majority of the time?

2. Why would someone pick a 24 inch monitor over a 27 for competitive fps

3. Why do people fake a russian accent most of the time?

4. Which are the best guns? I really like the thatcher's gun, the L8, is this a DMR? Is there an easy way to look up the various weapons?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I have a few questions

1. I'm west coast and I usually have around 40 ping. I've only ever seen a few less than 40, and most are usually 80. Am I lucking out with low ping a majority of the time?

Yes, you have advantage againts the 80 ping people.But for those with 160+ you are dead. Is a strange system if you have a super high ping you have advantage againts lowest ping, and if you have a lower ping you have advantage over medium pings.

Medium pings 80-100 are always fucked.

Rocketz

4. Which are the best guns? I really like the thatcher's gun, the L8, is this a DMR? Is there an easy way to look up the various weapons?

No, that's an AR. Buck, Twitch, and Blackbeard have DMR's. They are the semi auto rifles. Twitch's Famas and Jäger's 416-C Carbine are some of the best guns.

Best way to figure out what works for you is just go into a terrorist hunt and start experimenting.

Also here is a Rainbow Six wiki with a bunch of info

Top Bottom