• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

tfw you kill 3 enemies with 1 nitro cell. FeelsGoodMan.

Only just finished my placement matches, got in silver 2. I'm not very good I guess, but that's alright. I still feel like the lighting model makes seeing enemies under certain conditions unnecessarily difficult, and certain maps really suck in attack with 3 minute time limits (it takes like a minute just to get to the roof of Cafe Dostoyevsky), but I'm having a lot of fun with it again.

LAM09

IBiCwlv.jpg

Lol!

New to this game on pc, but is there a reason why Temporal Filtering looks so bad but gives me the most fps even when I turn off AA? My resolution is 1080p

Temporal Filtering is basically checkerboard rendering before it was called that. It has big perf benefits because it's rendering a lower resolution image to begin with.

flkraven

Sitting around gold 4. So damn close to plat, but whenever I'm like 1 win away I either get dropped (random abandon penalty), get a crap team, or the other team all have pings 100 higher than ours.

Man fuck this game's community. Just had a comp game filled with toxic griefers, team killing, throwing out every ableist and racist slur under the sun, and it only got worse as time went on, even in the final round of match point where we could have won, they sunk the game just to fuck with me. Just unbelievable. And you can't even mute people in text chat or report for throwing out hate speech (which really should be filtered out, like what the hell). Ubi is doing nothing to promote a positive vibe in this game.

Man fuck this game's community. Just had a comp game filled with toxic griefers, team killing, throwing out every ableist and racist slur under the sun, and it only got worse as time went on, even in the final round of match point where we could have won, they sunk the game just to fuck with me. Just unbelievable. And you can't even mute people in voice chat or report for throwing out hate speech (which really should be filtered out, like what the hell). Ubi is doing nothing to promote a positive vibe in this game.

Yep. Your username is my description for this game.

tfw you kill 3 enemies with 1 nitro cell. FeelsGoodMan.

Only just finished my placement matches, got in silver 2. I'm not very good I guess, but that's alright. I still feel like the lighting model makes seeing enemies under certain conditions unnecessarily difficult, and certain maps really suck in attack with 3 minute time limits (it takes like a minute just to get to the roof of Cafe Dostoyevsky), but I'm having a lot of fun with it again.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the new time limit on ranked. Also with the Brazilian woman how long does he intel from interrogation last?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man fuck this game's community. Just had a comp game filled with toxic griefers, team killing, throwing out every ableist and racist slur under the sun, and it only got worse as time went on, even in the final round of match point where we could have won, they sunk the game just to fuck with me. Just unbelievable. And you can't even mute people in voice chat or report for throwing out hate speech (which really should be filtered out, like what the hell). Ubi is doing nothing to promote a positive vibe in this game.

Yeah the team killing is pretty bad in casual.....in ranked is usually way better, people behave way better in ranked even when are getting stomped. This is in PS4 though so your experience will perhaps vary on other platforms.

Yeah the team killing is pretty bad in casual.....in ranked is usually way better, people behave way better in ranked even when are getting stomped. This is in PS4 though so your experience will perhaps vary on other platforms.

Yeah I was on PC where there is text chat you can't opt out of. One guy teamkilled me and got booted, the next round another picked Valkyrie and just kept throwing the cameras at me which does 5 damage (ubisoft in all their infinite wisdom, folks) every time until I got so pissed and killed him (he'd brought me to 40 hp by then). The next round he kept following me around and shooting me here and there and just shooting all around me. Wasn't even trying to win, on match point, just grief me.

And I did nothing to invite any of this. I made small talk in the beginning, then they just kept hassling me and throwing out slurs, I asked them to stop (I showed weakness) and it just got worse and worse. They threw the game just to fuck with me, that's what really gets me. They were 100% committed to being the biggest assholes possible.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I was on PC where there is text chat you can't opt out of. One guy teamkilled me and got booted, the next round another picked Valkyrie and just kept throwing the cameras at me which does 5 damage (ubisoft in all their infinite wisdom, folks) every time until I got so pissed and killed him (he'd brought me to 40 hp by then). The next round he kept following me around and shooting me here and there and just shooting all around me. Wasn't even trying to win, on match point, just grief me.

And I did nothing to invite any of this. I made small talk in the beginning, then they just kept hassling me and throwing out slurs, I asked them to stop (I showed weakness) and it just got worse and worse. They threw the game just to fuck with me, that's what really gets me. They were 100% committed to being the biggest assholes possible.

You are gonna have to let it go, you can't win with these dicks. People like being assholes in this game because it's both easy and it doesn't have any hard consequences, specially in fucking casual which is a shitfest. I suggest playing with a group or stick with ranked if you can, try finding people here, unfortunately i can't play with you because my PC is a potato.

You are gonna have to let it go, you can't win with these dicks. People like being assholes in this game because it's both easy and it doesn't have any hard consequences, specially in fucking casual which is a shitfest. I suggest playing with a group or stick with ranked if you can, try finding people here, unfortunately i can't play with you because my PC is a potato.

It wasn't even casual though, is the thing. They threw a Ranked game just to troll.

Auctopus

On PS4, I don't think I've seen team-killing for about a year (maybe once or twice but never noticeable). Played a fair bit this weekend and one player just wasn't thinking whilst firing at a drone and headshot me and another team-mate - immediately dead.

Thankfully, the dude apologised to us by carrying the whole team and racking up 16 kills in 7 rounds.

Yep. Only play ranked and while there are some minor problems now and then, the experience is much much better community wise (PS4).

andycapps

I think you can turn off text chat. Options>Gameplay>HUD>Show chat. You can definitely mute people's voice chat though if you click on them in the menu.

Friend and I were playing the other day and a teammate snuck up behind me and didn't say anything and I turned around and accidentally teamkilled him. I apologized but he raged for about 5 minutes spewing a bunch of racist stuff until we kicked him.

Perineum

Had the worst and weird bug ever happen. A friend bought the game and I wanted to help him on casual to rank up. Group of us join to do casual. We are all playing loosey goosey, etc. Win the first game no issues, then it recycles and goes to new opponents, etc.

We tie it to 2-2, and it resets all the room selections. We lose 4-3. Then it shows I rank down from gold 4 to gold 3. The same things happen to my other friends. We are basically screaming WTF?!!?!?

Now I can't even help a buddy rank up to 20 because I am scared the game will randomly screw me on casual to take away rankings and select ranked on its own when it recycles for new opponents.

GG ubisoft.

Matchmaking is such a travesty on the PS4. Still. A year later.

Post-launch support, guys.

Seriously. All these errors are so stupid.

Anyways, actually spent money on some of the skins and uniforms and such. Gotta look good. I'm a sucker. At least you know what you're getting and it's not some stupid RNG lootfest model other games have adopted.

CrayToes

Matchmaking is such a travesty on the PS4. Still. A year later.

Post-launch support, guys.

It's things like that that baffle me when people suggest we don't need a sequel. The whole foundation of the game is obviously completely fucked. No amount of patches will fix it. Here's hoping we get Siege 2 in 2018 with a proper network infrastructure.

Auctopus

It's things like that that baffle me when people suggest we don't need a sequel. The whole foundation of the game is obviously completely fucked. No amount of patches will fix it. Here's hoping we get Siege 2 in 2018 with a proper network infrastructure.

Season Pass 2 is definintely the way I wanted Siege to go. It's how I wanted Driveclub to progress before Evolution got closed down :(

But I agree with you that it doesn't feel like patches will be able to fix the internet browser feel of the Menu/UI and the sketchy (but much improved) matchmaking. I'm not sure how they'd be able to bring the Operators over and the stuff people have spent money on.

Would you rather Siege 2 was brand-new Operators?

CrayToes

Season Pass 2 is definintely the way I wanted Siege to go. It's how I wanted Driveclub to progress before Evolution got closed down :(

But I agree with you that it doesn't feel like patches will be able to fix the internet browser feel of the Menu/UI and the sketchy (but much improved) matchmaking. I'm not sure how they'd be able to bring the Operators over and the stuff people have spent money on.

Would you rather Siege 2 was brand-new Operators?

I wouldn't mind Siege 2 having all of the current operators (maybe minus a few like IQ and blackbeard) then adding more from there through DLC. It would give them a good chance to change some of the lesser used operators too.

By the way, are we friends on PSN? Add me if you haven't already. PSN - Bigmanpackerfan

Haven't had experience with public matchmaking but even playing matches of terrorist hunt with friends is wonky - even when both me and my buddy limit our TH map preferences to only the newer maps (Favela, Skyscraper and Bartlett U. with all other maps turned off) the game will still rotate us through all of the maps.

Still, Siege is a remarkably fun game even just for it's bare bones Terrorist Hunt mode for me and my friends.

Auctopus

It's all good. Just looking for folks to have fun with!

Heading on now, I'll add you.

Haha, I didn't think that at all. Everyone has great games and terrible games. I did terribly that day as well.

Now, on the matter of putting me unwillingly into a Ranked match......... ;)

Haha, my bad! But if you look at your message at the top of the page, you said you were looking for Ranked games. Not my fault you went AFK!

Heading on now, I'll add you.

Haha, my bad! But if you look at your message at the top of the page, you said you were looking for Ranked games. Not my fault you went AFK!

Uh, yeah. Not just "Hey, I'm looking for Ranked, too! Alpine, you there? Well, maybe he's dumping. This matchmaking is so spotty I might as well start up Ranked now."

;)

KodaRuss

Still on the fence on getting the second season pass for this. I have started playing it again but I am terrible I guess, need to get back to being decent at this game.

Also, I bought that badass Thatcher helmet and it looks sick as hell. I would pay a lot of money for Daft Punk Helmets as well (fuck realism!)

se3zaol1rc8y.jpg

frontovik

Banned
I've tried Discord for GAF, but no one seems to be responding to my invitation.

I'm getting tired of playing with strangers, so add me on uPlay if you're available.

Top Bottom