• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Ardenyal

Smoke is best used with a shotgun. He also has a secondary SMG for long range too.
Kind of misleading. The shotgun is for utility only. Smg11 is the highest dps gun in the game so its basically a primary.

I hope they backtrack on the predictable recoil pattern thing because it would make smg11 a beast.

Varth

You mean the Situations? Yeah, when they recompiled the game, it must have wiped everyone's progress in those missions. Not a big deal for most, my friends and I spent an hour or so playing through them again which was kinda fun.

THX. Also, can you guys check if the update erased your pad settings on PS4? Feeling kinda funky with the aiming.

Erban1

Kind of misleading. The shotgun is for utility only. Smg11 is the highest dps gun in the game so its basically a primary.

I hope they backtrack on the predictable recoil pattern thing because it would make smg11 a beast.

That shotgun is definitely good for more than utility if you use it right. Any time I'm playing smoke im using the smg11 to hold my own at range and melting faces with the shotty when engagements are at closer ranges. Utility is selling its potential way short.

Varth

Yup, totally erased everything for me in regards to settings (sensitivities, weapon attachments etc).

HATE when they do that. It took the best part of the first month to find the right settings in Siege. Maybe it's the only game I have this kind of trouble with. So annoying to go through that again.

Disgraced

I wish headshots in this game exploded like Gears. I also wish you could rip someone's arm off and smack 'em with it like Gears.
In all seriousness I really think the game would be better for including gore. A lot of people seem to be opposed to that because it "would be off the Tom Clancy brand" or something, but what I think is off-putting are the perfectly intact, plastic-faced corpses inside the awesomely devasted, dynamic environments.

Explosives crumble the buildings but the bodies? The bodies are rubber.

Fury451

Banned
In all seriousness I really think the game would be better for including gore. A lot of people seem to be opposed to that because it "would be off the Tom Clancy brand" or something, but what I think is off-putting are the perfectly intact, plastic-faced corpses inside the awesomely devasted, dynamic environments.

Explosives crumble the buildings but the bodies? The bodies are rubber.

Isn't the framing device for the operator vs operator that the multiplayer is a series of training rounds though? Gore and dismemberment wouldn't make sense, and you can handwave the current blood spatter as blood pack effects when hit.

They're all still part of Team Rainbow together, they're just practicing against each other was my understanding, which if I recall is related to Team Rainbow training in a VR simulator of sorts in the book.

Disgraced

Isn't the framing device for the operator vs operator that the multiplayer is a series of training rounds though? Gore and dismemberment wouldn't make sense, and you can handwave the current blood spatter as blood pack effects when hit.

They're all still part of Team Rainbow together, they're just practicing against each other was my understanding, which if I recall is related to Team Rainbow training in a VR simulator of sorts in the book.
Why wouldn't VR have gore? If it's simulating everything else why not gore? And none of that is stated in the game. The battle between R6 members in the game is context-less.

There's no context because it's not necessary; fuck it, it's fun. And TC "didn't want people play as terrorists" so we'll respect his memory (I guess) (we'll also milk and kind-of-sort-of misuse his name until its fat cheddar letters are deflated and evaporated).

Gore would be more fun.

Keihart

i think it has a lot more to do with how it would look for ubisoft, just as the original defenders being terrorist looking was scraped because of sensitivities at the time.

It would be awesome....but at the same time it would be gruesome, the giant splashes of blood kinda are already, sometimes looks like a hotline miami aftermath.

Disgraced

i think it has a lot more to do with how it would look for ubisoft, just as the original defenders being terrorist looking was scraped because of sensitivities at the time.

It would be awesome....but at the same time it would be gruesome, the giant splashes of blood kinda are already, sometimes looks like a hotline miami aftermath.
Yeah, could be.

Bear in my mind I'm not asking for Doom or Mortal Kombat levels of brutality. I think the wound tech on character models found in Rockstar and Netherrealm games would make a big difference.

Although, I have to admit, seeing what really happens after a cluster charge pops... that would be fucking gruesome and awesome.

Disgraced

So what's the word on Ela?

Is she as over powered as her stats show?

Currently on holiday atm so wondering how the meta has changed.
I don't really think so. Her SMG, yes, but that's an easy fix.

Lesion is the real problem. Both his gun and his special need a nerf.

Neither need a nerf too harsh, though. Trappers are hardly ever consistently viable, so it's really nice to have a change in that regard.

Fury451

Banned
Gore would be more fun.
Eh, personal taste. I get your point but still like it as is. Too much carnage would be off putting and re context of it being VR is more like "really advanced paintball" rather than full on simulated world.

And yes, it's weird that the simulation aspect isn't stated in game far as I know, but the op bios make it clear that they're not really murdering each other.

I don't really think so. Her SMG, yes, but that's an easy fix.

Lesion is the real problem. Both his gun and his special need a nerf.

Neither need a nerf too harsh, though. Trappers are hardly ever consistently viable, so it's really nice to have a change in that regard.

I don't think they really do middle ground when it comes to nerfs anymore, but I semi agree.

Lesion is secretly the best new op and in the right hands he's a damn nightmare. Thankfully that means me when i play him lol.

Keihart

Ela is like the third german operator in case bandit and jaeger are taken, although her traps make her an even better roamer, you can basically use them to cover your back and as stuns.

And that handgun with red dot is pretty nasty for spawn kills or stealth flanks.

Disgraced

Her pick rate is inflated because she's the most visually appealing of the new characters, because she's three-speed, and because her SMG is too strong. In that sense I'd compare her more to Cav than Jäg or Bandito, who bring very team-oriented gadgets. If they hit her SMG as much as they should she'll be where she needs to be in the balance.

If they nerf her too hard she'll fall to the land of Caveira and Frost, Cloak and Dagger—the land of kind of shitty and kind of not good but kind of good sometimes but not really competitively.

Keihart

but let's be honest....who deploys 3 barbwires plus 4 batteries or 3 ads plus 2 barbwires when playing as the spawn peeking bros?

i do, but that's not the point

Finally got a chance to put in some time into all three new operators. All three are fun with a solid set of guns.

Character design wise, Lesion and Ela are garbage. No idea why one is wearing shorts and Ela just has such a dumb victory pose.

Ying is the best one cause she actually looks competent to do her job.

Disgraced

Character design wise, Lesion and Ela are garbage. No idea why one is wearing shorts and Ela just has such a dumb victory pose.

Ying is the best one cause she actually looks competent to do her job.
Now, I did say Ela is the most visually appealing and colored hair and iconic baseball caps are some of my personal fetishes but at the same time I also think you are correct, if you can believe it. Please reference the dozens of posts I've made about "how the characters should be faceless" "stop sexin' 'em up" and "these cosmetics are shit" "blah blah blah" for elaboration.

Keihart

My only real complaints with blood orchid are the lighting, smoke changes and the talk about guns having always the exact same recoil it's also worrying to me, and if it is only to fix an ocasional sight alignment on acogs....i mean, common' get it together.

Taking maps out also sucks, so yeah, all those glooming changes for the future of siege are what worries me more, the operators and map are all pretty cool to me on this update, no complaints there, they will obviously get tweaked like almost all other operators.

Disgraced

—and the talk about guns having always the exact same recoil it's also worrying to me—
Woah-woah-woah—the fuck? Who wants that? Don't tell me pros are asking for that... fucking A dude... that would be taking symmetry way too far. The uniform sight size alignment I was very for but that... that would be a stupid-ass change that would fuck the balance in all its figurative orfices.

Woah-woah-woah—the fuck? Who wants that? Don't tell me pros are asking for that... fucking A dude... that would be taking symmetry way too far. The uniform sight size alignment I was very for but that... that would be a stupid-ass change that would fuck the balance in all its figurative orfices.

The devs want it, they said it'll fix sight missalignment issues or something along those lines.

I'm on the fence about it, depending how they implement it then it could be a good change, it'd also add some extra variance between guns instead of every gun needing you to pull downwards to compensate.

Disgraced

The devs want it, they said it'll fix sight missalignment issues or something along those lines.

I'm on the fence about it, depending how they implement it then it could be a good change, it'd also add some extra variance between guns instead of every gun needing you to pull downwards to compensate.
I don't follow. Every gun has the exact same recoil pattern and amount or the unique pattern for every gun is always consistent? The former would be hooooorible.

I don't follow. Every gun has the exact same recoil pattern and amount or the unique pattern for every gun is always consistent?

Every gun has it's own set recoil pattern, unique to itself but it will always recoil the same amount per shot and in the same direction,
Basically, if you fire say, the R4-C at a wall 3 times and dump the full mag each time, the recoil spread will look exactly the same each time.
Then fire say, Buck's C8 at a wall 3 times, the recoil pattern will be identical each time, but different from the R4-C's recoil pattern entirely.

Keihart

the idea as i understand is to make recoil paterns the same every time you shoot instead of being, you know, paterns. I'm against this because that would mean that every weapon would be potentially ecually accurate on full auto instead of changing your playstile, the mechanical skill would raise but it would take strategy skill down a bit too.

Edit: If they actually implement this, i think it is safe to say that the devs are triying to sway the game more into mechanical skill thus making it more twitchy and about shooting than already is.

Disgraced

Edit: If they actually implement this, i think it is safe to say that the devs are triying to sway the game more into mechanical skill thus making it more twitchy and about shooting than already is.
Agreed, sounds like it'd make the game less interesting to me.

Now, I did say Ela is the most visually appealing and colored hair and iconic baseball caps are some of my personal fetishes but at the same time I also think you are correct, if you can believe it. Please reference the dozens of posts I've made about "how the characters should be faceless" "stop sexin' 'em up" and "these cosmetics are shit" "blah blah blah" for elaboration.

I don't even mind a bit of personality but Ela is so... eh.

The worst is Leison. His design vs. Ying. How are they even from the same country? Ying is how designs should be IMO.

Speaking of, designs can be so inconsistent in this game. Some DLC ones are great (Jackal, Mira recently) and others make me scratch my head.

Disgraced

I don't even mind a bit of personality but Ela is so... eh.
Okay, okay, I'll go again...

I mean faceless as in masked, obscured. Not without personality. Because there all types of cool, tactical, tacticool masks, helmets, goggles, visors, bandanas, and masked helmets with goggles, visors, and bandanas they could be designing characters with instead of spending months to a year fixing the awkward facial animation.

You can inject more personality with masks, actually. It's blank canvas of a person's head. It would mean they don't have to work with human faces in a photorealistic graphic style. I want more Fuzes, Mutes, and Jägers and less Capitãos, Hibanas, and Lesions.

Okay, okay, I'll go again...

I mean faceless as in masked, obscured. Not without personality. Because there all types of cool, tactical, tacticool masks, helmets, goggles, visors, bandanas, and masked helmets with goggles, visors, and bandanas they could be designing characters with instead of spending months to a year fixing the awkward facial animation.

You can inject more personality with masks, actually. It's blank canvas of a person's head. It would mean they don't have to work with human faces in a photorealistic graphic style. I want more Fuzes, Mutes, and Jägers and less Capitãos, Hibanas, and Lesions.

Oh yea, agreed. Though for me, when they do a good job with the faces, rarely but with operators like Jackal or Ying, that's my primary preference. But largely, I'd take masked operators over having to look at most of the faces in the game.

So, we got Theme Park twice on ranked. What happened to the whole "we want the players to take time to learn new maps" bullshit?

Edit: Found the post on why they changed it. Because they gave in to people bitching.

Wanna to learn the map? Solo Terrorist Hunt Classic, take Sledge, quiz yourself everytime you breach a floor, wall, or doorway. The fastest I've ever learned one of these new maps.

By the way, THC still gives renown, thank god. I guess I missed where they walked back that change as well?

I've had some interesting games on Theme Park. My gut tells me I like it. Hard to say until I learn more angles aside from just the layout. Biggest problem for me is still how the frame rate tanks on Xbox.

I still think Gu and Grzmot getting added together with the new attacker not helping against them at all is a bizarre choice. The attackers' superior guns no longer in general make up for the bullshit they have to get through to get into the site. Then again part of it might be that we tend to skimp out on the Thatcher. But a half decent Lesion anchor will replace his last ditch Gu mines as they are destroyed.

And the ranked rotation still makes me sad. When you spend hundreds of hours on a game, more maps is always good.

Either there shouldn't be any of those trash maps including theme park or there should be all those trash maps including theme park. I'm not all that bothered about it though because it's not a bad map. If it was Bartlett I wouldn't stop bitching. So glad that trash is gone

finding out what my sensitivity settings were is getting so fucking annoying, im going to have to write them down when i do find them just in case ubi does this crap again

LoveCake

Is it too late to get into this game on PS4?

Also what version would I need to get, there seems to be the regular version, then a season pass (or two) would I need these as well?

Is it too late to get into this game on PS4?

Also what version would I need to get, there seems to be the regular version, then a season pass (or two) would I need these as well?

Just dont get the starter edition.

As for season pass, get season 2 season pass. Dont know if season 1 season pass is still being sold.

Just dont get the starter edition.

As for season pass, get season 2 season pass. Dont know if season 1 season pass is still being sold.

On PC (not sure about console), they are selling all the Y1 DLC operators for about $20.

I ended up double dipping on PC and ended up getting both the Y1 DLC ops and the Y2 season pass for a total of $41. Which, while still hefty, is pretty decent as it nets me everything.

Jarrod38

Cant get any closer than this on a Alpha Pack.
ZFyDoWk.gif

Wanna to learn the map? Solo Terrorist Hunt Classic, take Sledge, quiz yourself everytime you breach a floor, wall, or doorway. The fastest I've ever learned one of these new maps.

By the way, THC still gives renown, thank god. I guess I missed where they walked back that change as well?

I've had some interesting games on Theme Park. My gut tells me I like it. Hard to say until I learn more angles aside from just the layout. Biggest problem for me is still how the frame rate tanks on Xbox.

I still think Gu and Grzmot getting added together with the new attacker not helping against them at all is a bizarre choice. The attackers' superior guns no longer in general make up for the bullshit they have to get through to get into the site. Then again part of it might be that we tend to skimp out on the Thatcher. But a half decent Lesion anchor will replace his last ditch Gu mines as they are destroyed.

And the ranked rotation still makes me sad. When you spend hundreds of hours on a game, more maps is always good.

Oh I've already learned it and have won on it. I like it quite a bit.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Ubi team for removing a bunch of maps and originally not including the new map.

Need to bitch some more though.... Need the rest of the maps back

Seriously haha
Either there shouldn't be any of those trash maps including theme park or there should be all those trash maps including theme park. I'm not all that bothered about it though because it's not a bad map. If it was Bartlett I wouldn't stop bitching. So glad that trash is gone

Agreed.

This game looks very pixelated at times while playing on the pro.. something i never experienced on my OG ps4. It's only sometimes though.

Maybe it's because I'm moving from 40 inches and 1080p to 55 inches 4k lol

Top Bottom