• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RARE Rebranded for 25th Anniversary

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Damn, that's the latest version? Someone posted an earlier version in another thread so I added three more people in :(

I'll try to squeeze us in somewhere. You, too, szaromir.

Not sure if it's the latest, but it's the most 'complete' version I could find.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh goody, another logo on a white background that I can skip at the beginning.

I feel that the white Rare logo should be slightly bigger. As the job of the logo is to be recognisable even at small sizes there is a risk that when shrunk down the logos will just be colourful blobs with a white indistinguishable spot in the middle.

Lucius86

Banned
All I can say is I hope this means Rare will be announcing new titles soon - I still cling on to the hope Kameo 2 will be made.

I am so proud I am in the room full of people who care :lol

Rlan

Via Retroremakes:

109596787-b8458b1c0a8d5fb693e9ca54a1e8d8dd.4c0639b0-full.png

[Nintex]

BGBW said:
Oh goody, another logo on a white background that I can skip at the beginning.

I feel that the white Rare logo should be slightly bigger. As the job of the logo is to be recognisable even at small sizes there is a risk that when shrunk down the logos will just be colourful blobs with a white indistinguishable spot in the middle.
I think they're going to use those colorful blobs instead of the full logo most of the time in order to identify certain team/brands. We can actually keep up with the production of various teams and be like: "Why hasn't purple Rare released anything for the last 10 years?".

Man, I can't wait to see the fallout of E3. I don't think Rare has gone downhill, but I do think that their biggest detractors haven't really moved on to expect and respect differences rather than slinging accusations of lowered quality releases since their parting with Ninty or the N64 days. Rare hasn't released a low-quality title for X360 save for PDZ single player in '05. All interesting and different titles...and all high-quality. They may not be what a lot of old school fans want because most of them seem to want is mostly sequels with modern makeovers and remakes, but I give Rare credit for moving beyond living in the past and trying new things. I mean, taking risks means there's a chance that you'll not succeed, after all. Relative to their old title output, they've taken risks in this gen. For better or worse, that's what has happened. I prefer they do different stuff rather than the same stuff.

scarybore

Don't like the new logo, very bland.

Suzzopher said:
I don't get the Rare hate, Banjo Nuts n Bolts and Viva Pinata were fantastic games. I never liked Rare during the N64 era but I this gen they have been great(Bar Perfect Dark Zero).

Yeah, Rare have made some really great games in the past 5 years. Despite the fact I wasn't looking forward to N&B due to the changes from the N64 games, I still had an excellent time with it and it deserves more praise.

Feel free to add me to this, I always mean to ask when it pops up in a thread. :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
BGBW said:
I was never really on your side...
http://i50.tinypic.com/2cyfts4.j/IMG][/QUOTE]

MIND BLOWN

Now in before Dreamcast 2 ones..

JaseC

Mar said:
:lol

God, this sums up threads like these perfectly. So much hate toward something so little and mostly meaningless. When looking at that room full of the avatars it goes a long way in understanding the types of people that care about these sorts of things.

Company logos: serious business. Also, obligatory thisisneogafdude.gif ;)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
VOOK said:
MIND BLOWN

Now in before Dreamcast 2 ones..

2mrfno3.jpg

based on the circle

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Visualante said:
Shouldn't they be using Verdana, not Helvetica?
Or Comic San MS because it represents Rare: something that was once popular, ended up being everywhere and then became hated by all.

freddy

Banned
gerg said:
It's alright. But why does the "e" go to a lower level than the other letters?
It's also higher then the other two lower case letters meaning its slightly larger overall

JaseC

BGBW said:
Or Comic San MS because it represents Rare: something that was once popular, ended up being everywhere and then became hated by all.

:lol

Haunted

Looks like a standard Web 2.0 design. Rare to develop exclusively for Facebook confirmed.

The old 90s logo looks horrible, though. :lol

The new one is bland, inoffensive... safe.

Prine

Banned
I think the logo would work well if it was small against a large empty backdrop.

Its too large there. I have to admit, i hope its not an indication of them leaving hardcore gaming. That would be sad for this Rare fan.

JaseC

Prine said:
I have to admit, i hope its not an indication of them leaving hardcore gaming. That would be sad for this Rare fan.

I don't think Rare will cater any less to the hardcore than they have been in recent years.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Please please please please : Killer Instinct 3! KI3 !

Gravijah

Fersis said:
Please please please please : Killer Instinct 3! KI3 !

Time to listen to some killer instinct music.

Speaking of, who did the music for those games, and are they still with Rare?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It's like minimalism, but without any sense of style.

Michan

I am very, very mad.

InfiniteNine said:
So I guess Killer Instinct 3 will never come out then right?
Do not read if you would like to continue clinging to hope:
It never existed

What they don't mention in the press release is that you have to collect 100 of those different colour and shape R symbols to unlock the real logo.

Top Bottom