• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RARE Rebranded for 25th Anniversary

Raide

Jive Turkey said:
While it isn't a great logo it's a hell of a lot better than the one everybody in this thread seems to love. That logo hasn't aged well and screams early 90s.

Correct.

Let the games do the talking, not the logo. Don't fail all those in the room Rare! :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jive Turkey said:
While it isn't a great logo it's a hell of a lot better than the one everybody in this thread seems to love. That logo hasn't aged well and screams early 90s.

No one mind the 2003 redesign.

h3ro said:
ws6zgw.jpg

Never forget.
That does look very 90s.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Suzzopher said:
I never liked Rare during the N64 era but I this gen they have been great(Bar Perfect Dark Zero).

I will take Banjo-Kazooie, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing, Conker, Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini over the shite they've put out under Microsoft. Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Perfect Dark Zero and Nuts and Bolts were all bilge. I hope that a focus on Natal software will get the studio going again, because their recent projects have all been scatterbrained misfires, save for Viva Pinata.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Suzzopher said:
I don't get the Rare hate, Banjo Nuts n Bolts and Viva Pinata were fantastic games. I never liked Rare during the N64 era but I this gen they have been great(Bar Perfect Dark Zero).
I loved Banjo 360 and Viva Pinata but it seems this New Rare is leaving behind their past as it were and are going to a place that does not necessarily include me.

gerg

This reminds me of the Pepsi re-design thread, and that Doritos re-design image someone made. :lol

It's alright. But why does the "e" go to a lower level than the other letters?

Raide

Gravijah said:
...It will still be awesome... it will!

Using Natal to interact with your garden. Digging holes, watering and planting things, petting your Piñata's...Squeeeeeee! :lol

Gravijah

Raide said:
Using Natal to interact with your garden. Digging holes, watering and planting things, petting your Piñata's...Squeeeeeee! :lol

I really hope we do get Viva Pinata 3. I would buy Natal/Wave for it, no lie.

Mandoric

Banned
The way the text sits aligned to the lower-left of the image, and the weight but not face of the font, are oddly remiscent of a Crate and Barrel box. I'm sure there's a DKC joke there somewhere.

[Nintex]

Latest update on their website
So, you ask, will there be something more substantial to talk about by the end of June? Well now. We'll soon see.
Seems like they have some announcements coming up.

Myriadis

Looks okay,nothing special,nothing to worry about.

You whining pussies seriously act like changing a logo changes the whole company or the quality.Nintendo's logo is also gray since 2008 - and they created Super Mario Galaxy 2,one of the best platformers ever.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Myriadis said:

You whining pussies seriously act like changing a logo changes the whole company or the quality.Nintendo's logo is also gray since 2008 - and they created Super Mario Galaxy 2,one of the best platformers ever.
I miss the red Nintendo. :(

[Nintex] said:
Latest update on their website

Seems like they have some announcements coming up.
I think that was always a given for this E3.

With regards to the four logos, I assume this is to highlight the produce of each team. I think all the logos will look far better when they're cleaner without those awful compression artefacts.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Myriadis said:

Well the quality of Rare's games have gone down, and this just destroys any brand notoriety as people who made fun games when I was small. Can't say I'll recognize the logo on the box of a game and be inclined to give it a chance based on past experience.

[Nintex]

Monty Mole said:
I think that was always a given for this E3.

With regards to the four logos, I assume this is to highlight the produce of each team. I think all the logos will look far better when they're cleaner without those awful compression artefacts.
Yep this is probably the four teams that they have.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I thought for a second they were changing their name to Microsoft Games Twycross or some shit.

Just a logo change eh? Nothing special.

gerg

Ah. There we go. My first thought on seeing the image:

sgoi15.jpg

This Web 2.0 aesthetic is getting out of hand...

Edit: Although, I do like the idea of having the different shapes represent different genres, or different studios, kind of like those little "Action Game" icons Nintendo had on their original NES boxes.

I hope a website design is coming too because the mostly flash website with the circa 1998 aesthetic (with sounds effects and optional background music!) just sent me into a fit of hysterics.

Mmmm, toothpaste.

Seriously, though, I like it. Looks much classier than before.

JaseC said:
Obligatory:

care.jpg

Damn, that's the latest version? Someone posted an earlier version in another thread so I added three more people in :(

I'll try to squeeze us in somewhere. You, too, szaromir.

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Mmmm, toothpaste.

Seriously, though, I like it. Looks much classier than before.

Damn, that's the latest version? Someone posted an earlier version in another thread so I added three more people in :(

I'll try to squeeze us in somewhere. You, too, szaromir.
And me!

I still have (a little) faith.

eXistor

Bah, doesn't say "fun" like the old logo. Then again their games these last 10 years have reflected that, so it's an appropriate change.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Okay, I do like the idea of the logo highlighting the individual teams. Hopefully that turns out true.

Mar

JaseC said:
Obligatory:

care.jpg

:lol

God, this sums up threads like these perfectly. So much hate toward something so little and mostly meaningless. When looking at that room full of the avatars it goes a long way in understanding the types of people that care about these sorts of things.

Top Bottom