• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

I thought the designers said this was just a straight port. What a hack!

PRELOADED AND READY FOR MIDNIGHT
They weren't lying. The games are pretty much emulated, BC, or XBLA releases.
The menus do look impressive though. I am looking forward to the developer stuff and the playlist which seems to be a challenge mode.

It seems most of the work was presentation. Seems more effort than NES Remix 1 and 2.

KeRaSh

I just realized that Snake, Rattle n Roll was made by RARE. I loved that game so much as a kid. Never beat it because it was too difficult for me back then... Wow. This really takes me back.

Yesssss first post gaf strikes again.

Picking this up at the store on my lunch tomorrow, excited to play Conker again. And Nuts and Bolts. Haters.
Honestly Nuts and Bolts gets way too much hate.
If you ignore the B-K skins, the game is a fun vehicle game.

I put it in the same category as Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I just realized that Snake, Rattle n Roll was made by RARE. I loved that game so much as a kid. Never beat it because it was too difficult for me back then... Wow. This really takes me back.

Snake Rattle N Roll and Conker are the two reasons I'm buying this. I loved Snake as a kid.

big_z

how are you supposed to get that viva piñata achievement that requires a vision cam and card to scan in?

Raide

Ordered on the day the announced, Amazon UK have not shipped yet :( And no free stuff damn you! Might grab it from GAME if it does not turn up tomorrow.

Can someone sell me on Grabbed by the Ghoulies? I never played this when it came out and it seems interesting.

Haunted house, Scooby doo inspired art style, Grant Kirkhope music, classic Rare gameplay traits within a brawler style gameplay.

All in 1080/60fps

Thank me later

1cbiIBI.gif

That clip is the absolute best GIF material ever.

Sydle

This is one of the best GIFs I've seen in a long time. Perfection.

This is so full of awesome games, I hope it's the start of old RARE coming back to life again. At least it looks like they are trying to remember their legacy.

In Spain, if you preorder Rare Replay at GAME stores, you will receive this awesome coffee mug. I preordered it ( even if I don't own a XBONE yet) just to get it

t1QbmHA.jpg

I already bought the digital version, but I would buy a physical copy too for a Rare mug.

Haunted house, Scooby doo inspired art style, Grant Kirkhope music, classic Rare gameplay traits within a brawler style gameplay.

All in 1080/60fps

Thank me later

I went in blind, it's definitely the highlight of the collection for me.

Gonna post my thoughts in full once my review is published.

Cindro

Game(s) of the Year incoming!

I'm so glad I already have this preloaded - once 11pm hits I will be ghosting out of my social life, locking all the doors, and quitting my job.

Can't wait to finally play Conker's Bad Fur Day tonight.

Honestly Nuts and Bolts gets way too much hate.
If you ignore the B-K skins, the game is a fun vehicle game.

I put it in the same category as Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Seriously, people were so butthurt that they weren't getting another collectathon platformer that they shat all over what ended up being a super fun and creative game. And I honestly really liked all the Banjo trappings.

You all better play the shit out of this now.

Rocketz

Can't wait to play some of these games I missed back in the day. To have it all in one place is amazing.

Also I snagged Fulgore avi as well. Thanks!
uMPAFGU.png

styl3s

Wait, so 360 games like Viva Pinata and Banjo are just the 360 games? Do they not get their own achievements? Do they have new achievements or if you are 1000/1000 on the 360 versions you get nothing?

Wait, so 360 games like Viva Pinata and Banjo are just the 360 games? Do they not get their own achievements? Do they have new achievements or if you are 1000/1000 on the 360 versions you get nothing?

They're the 360 versions. So yes, if you already have all achievements on the 360, you can't unlock any more.

styl3s

They're the 360 versions. So yes, if you already have all achievements on the 360, you can't unlock any more.
Might just buy Viva Pinata 1 and 2 discs versions from gamestop later then cause those are the only games i really cared about.

I don't know why but i thought it was all new stuff (not new games or full remasters but new collection of achievements and at least ran 60fps)

Mudo

is this actually out tonight? seems some ppl have it now and others are saying 13 hours to go???

Might just buy Viva Pinata 1 and 2 discs versions from gamestop later then cause those are the only games i really cared about.

I don't know why but i thought it was all new stuff (not new games or full remasters but new collection of achievements and at least ran 60fps)

Microsoft just got Xbox 360 emulation up and running, so might as well make use of it.

Well, finally got a response from Best Buy as to why my copy is backordered.

After coordinating with our Delivery and Logistics Division as well as the proper channels involved at the store, it appears we have encountered a last-minute problem with the availability of the said game. Apparently, we ran out of stock and had to coordinate with our distributors to request for more supply to meet the demands of our consumers.

So yeah, who knows when I'll get it. Figured I'd share in case anyone is having a similar issue with Best Buy.

napalmjam

After spending time with it I don't have any nostalgic memories of rare games except goldeneye so I am not really enjoying it, but it's only £20 and if your a fan of rare games that is a fantastic deal .

Storm360

Anyone got any tips for Atic Atac?

I'm playing through all the games in order, I have absolutely no clue what i'm doing in this one though

So I pre-ordered this on the microsoft store (for the $15 game cash back) but it hasn't shipped yet. Any luck with any of you all?

Bummed that I'll probably never get to play Conker's Bad Fur Day's multiplayer online. It's so good, such a missed opportunity.

Still, excited to revisit these games now that I know they are emulated (mostly) well.

breander

Neo Member
How are the 360 emulated games working on systems where that feature hasn't been implemented yet? Meaning systems not in the preview program?

Certinty

Is this worth it for the Viva Pinata games alone?

I've had a 360 since launch and I always wanted to play them but never got around to it, this might finally be the right time.

Southside Jim

Neo Member
Hey, if this has been tackled, apologies. Do these games come with their original codes? Specifically, KI Gold's "all options" code?

Hey, if this has been tackled, apologies. Do these games come with their original codes? Specifically, KI Gold's "all options" code?

I was told at E3 that any cheat codes that were in the games will still be accesible. Maybe someone can confirm this though?

how are you supposed to get that viva piñata achievement that requires a vision cam and card to scan in?

Possibly Kinect I guess.

You can't get them. Unless you fire up 360 and get them there, they are unobtaineable. That is why they added more gamerscore to the game to make it 10,050 to account for not being able to get those two. Stinks for completionists that don't have a 360 to unlock them though.

How are the 360 emulated games working on systems where that feature hasn't been implemented yet? Meaning systems not in the preview program?

It is hidden for everyone not in the Preview Program but I think it was added to the OS a few months ago. I think every game runs a version of the emulator also so games could run a newer version when downloaded.

Seriously, people were so butthurt that they weren't getting another collectathon platformer that they shat all over what ended up being a super fun and creative game. And I honestly really liked all the Banjo trappings.

You all better play the shit out of this now.

I remember being super proud of beating the Klungo arcade game within Nuts & Bolts, back in the day. I really was motivated because it unlocked a gamerpic to use which is awesome.

With that being said, I never properly beat the game, so I'm really excited to go back through it and do so now.

Great and informative OP.

Something that I'm just now realizing is that this might mean a boost in Perfect Dark Zero's multiplayer, which I absolutely loved and spent hours playing with the King Kong (2005) soundtrack in the background. Good times.

TedHub

Banned
Mine shipped today. Tracking number doesn't work yet, but the email told me it'd arrive in 3-7 business days. That's definitely not release day shipping.

Yeah, the email told me that too, but UPS is telling me otherwise... Guess we'll see how it turns out.

Matticers

I consider myself a pretty hardcore gamer dating back to the original NES games. I've always prided myself on the fact that I've been able to play and enjoy most of the great console games that have been released since I typically get every system that comes out. But... one sad thing is that I never played the Banjo-Kazooie games despite owning a Nintendo 64 at the time. I don't know why, I must have been into something else at the time. And I just never went out of my way to play them since then. I've seen plenty of gameplay from the games but now it's time to finally play through them.

It's going to be cool and play some of the games I played as a kid too like RC Pro Am. I loved that game. Never played the sequel though so that will be another new experience that I'll have with this collection. Plenty of old favorites to revisit that I haven't played in a long time mixed with new things to finally try out for the first time.

And at it's sale price for the game, you can't go wrong. I definitely want to support collection or remaster style games that are priced right and this one certainly is. I hope it sees big time sales numbers and that we get DLC for it in the future. I have my games preloaded and I'm ready to go. I just have to decide what game to jump into first.

Falchion

Really glad to see that Jet Force Gemini will have an updated control scheme, I’m going to replay that for sure. Also never played Perfect Dark so that’s going to be a priority.

Top Bottom