• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

The Flash

Banned
Great to see that RR is getting good reviews. Hopefully some of the technical issues will be addressed with patches later.

crpav

I am so excited for this game. Such a great collection of games I have played and some I have not. I watched that gameplay footage of R.C Pro Am and it took me back to the easy days as a kid playing NES.

shandy706

Really glad to see that Jet Force Gemini will have an updated control scheme, I’m going to replay that for sure. Also never played Perfect Dark so that’s going to be a priority.

The original PD is an amazing game. I'm finishing it up again this week. Only a couple missions left. It's as close to Goldeneye as we're going to get and the multiplayer/bot mode is still top tier. I beat PDZ Saturday, it's so much worse than PD.

Dingles

Played through all the Spectrum games now, so good (though I'm not too in to Underwurlde).

I really hope they reduce the ratio for Perfect Dark Zero stamp collection. 750GS in that game is such a grind. I'd like to aim for finishing everything at some point but I just look at PDZ and think, I didn't even have the effort to try get every achievement in the first year of 360.

Such a good collection anyway, spent like 20+ hours on it this weekend.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
My copy from MS store will arrive tomorrow, I'm off work next couple days too. This plus gamescom is gonna make an amazing week. :)

I've only ever played the two Viva Piñata games from this collection. I'm really excited to dig in to all these classic games I've missed.

Tiu Neo

Mine is out to delivery. Never expected to get it a day early, yes!

Now, I just need to choose what to play first.

hawk2025

"We sent this order to you via UPS Standard - FREE
Arrives in 3-7 business days with tracking number _____."

The Microsoft Store description clearly said that the game would ship to arrive on the release date, and this is what I got today :/

Mine is out to delivery. Never expected to get it a day early, yes!

Now, I just need to choose what to play first.
Yeah I'm trying to decide what I will play. I'm leaning toward Solar Jetman because I haven't played it for awhile and i really love then atmosphere and mechanics of it.

TedHub

Banned
Arrives in 3-7 business days with tracking number [redacted]."

The Microsoft Store description clearly said that the game would ship to arrive on the release date, and this is what I got today :/

Uh, you might want to remove your tracking number from this forum...

Drago

So excited for this! Amazon is still preparing my shipment but it's still scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Can't wait!

First game I play has gotta be Banjo-Kazooie. So many games included that I haven't played yet but I have to start with that one.

shandy706

Son of a $&@#%!

I think MS did cancel my preorder!

I show another game I ordered before AND after Rare Replay under "transactions", but no RR. Argh

TedHub

Banned
Thanks, I didn't even realize the tracking number was there.

Appreciate it!

Not a problem! Also, it might be a good idea to check your tracking number somewhere online, since the estimate Microsoft gave me in the email did not line up with what UPS gave me (2-3 days vs. tomorrow).

Tiu Neo

Yeah I'm trying to decide what I will play. I'm leaning toward Solar Jetman because I haven't played it for awhile and i really love then atmosphere and mechanics of it.

I'm kinda divided between playing one of my old favorites, or trying something new. Never had the chance to play late N64 (Conker and Jet Force) and the Original Xbox games, so maybe I'll randomly play one of those.

Arrives in 3-7 business days with tracking number _____."

I've had that language before on release date orders and the game arrived on release date.

Downloading now, although seeing all the queued up 360 games is strange. Wonder why it isn't as one large download.
Separate licenses. They couldn't make Rare Replay be only one license.
The 360 games are running on BC and the games are listed online. I assume the digital version downloads Rare Replay + all the 360 games online.

maxcriden

Hope is alive.

Waiting for the tracking to update.

If it updates and it's not the promised delivery date, I recommend you contact customer service and see if they can do anything for you. If it's too late for them to change the shipment, maybe they can give you a discount or gift certificate.

Wow, just got this for less than $10 from Best Buy after using a $15 certificate I didn't know I had and applying GCU. Thank you based Best Buy and Microsoft

still dont have a shipping email about my order from Microsoft store. And it sucks that they are being shipped UPS, they usually dont get to my house until like 7-8 PM

Rosur

Having never played a Rare game fully (well apart from Perfect Dark and that was only the mp side) which one should I play through first?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I rented it from Gamefly and after seeing the pics in the OP I might just end up buying it. So much nostalgia.

BD1

Banned
Very excited for this. I've had an itch to play the N64 era RARE games lately, so this is perfect timing.

Sad that the Conker emulation appears to be janky. Makes you wish Live & Reloaded was more faithful, so they could have used that. I wish they'd throw the L&R multiplayer in there.

Not Happy it takes up 10 tiles
1369514326274601872.png
via kotaku

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Having never played a Rare game fully (well apart from Perfect Dark and that was only the mp side) which one should I play through first?
Banjo-Kazooie, because it's the best Rare game.

hawk2025

Not Happy it takes up 10 tiles

via kotaku

Eh, they are all going to drop down out of sight eventually, especially once the UI gets mercifully updated soon -- and then we can just access the game through Rare Replay neatly.

Although I hope that doesn't bump up the 360 icon again?

Top Bottom