• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

hawk2025

Anyone who ordered from the Microsoft store get their order yet? Or even have it shipped?

Every time I shop from somewhere that's not Amazon, I remember that every store isn't Amazon.

Mine shipped, but it shipped with 3-7 day delivery, and the tracking number has yet to update.

I highly doubt I will receive it tomorrow.

The Microsoft Store is truly awful, I keep making this mistake of ordering from them just because of their bonus offers, but it's just plain not worth it.

Digital or Best Buy GCU only from now on -- I'll cancel my Halo order from them today as well.

Yeah, I'm not using the Microsoft Store again, I hope it was shipped over the weekend or I'm just going to be binging on Gamescom videos all week

MrGerbils

If you buy it digitally, when does it unlock? I'm in the Pacific time zone if that matters.

Edit: Oops, just noticed that right in the store page it says it unlocks at midnight EST. sorry for the noob question.

woodland

Quick question - haven't been too busy in these threads.

For Viva Pinata 2, did they fix the glitch where having a Dragonache in your garden murders the framerate and sometimes crashes the game?

ss_lemonade

If the n64 games are straight ports, did Rare go in and replace any/all n64 controller icons (if any)? Would look weird if they didn't

If the n64 games are straight ports, did Rare go in and replace any/all n64 controller icons (if any)? Would look weird if they didn't

Yes, icons are changed. Though for example, in Coker he still says the L button,etc versus what is shown on screen.

-MD-

So my 360 launch titles were pgr3 and kameo. I didnt bother with PDZ. Is it really that bad?

I bought all the launch titles but PDZ was the one I played the most by far, was my favorite game back in 2005, the multiplayer was soooooo good.

It didn't age very well though but if I ever get my hands on this game I'm definitely gonna play it.

Falchion

The original PD is an amazing game. I'm finishing it up again this week. Only a couple missions left. It's as close to Goldeneye as we're going to get and the multiplayer/bot mode is still top tier. I beat PDZ Saturday, it's so much worse than PD.

Funny enough I've actually beaten PDZ and didn't think it was very good at the time. I'm very much looking forward to playing through the original for the first time.

Camjo-Z

So my 360 launch titles were pgr3 and kameo. I didnt bother with PDZ. Is it really that bad?

Can't speak to the multiplayer's quality but the single-player is absolutely dire. It's especially bad when compared to Perfect Dark's great campaign.

addyb

Thanks all. I'll no doubt give it a whirl and see for myself. Personally can't wait to try the games I haven't played.

Grabbed by the ghoulies
Viva pinata
Banjo nuts n bolts
Oh and as much as I adored banjo kazooie I never played the sequel.

Well my Best Buy preorder went from backordered to shipped with a delivery date of tomorrow.

That's a nice surprise. Glad I won't have to wait for it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Hope the frame rates of the 360 games are stable.

Woffls

Ooh, I think they might have sorted out the screen tearing on PDZ.

I'm just playing through the collection to see which games I like for now. Emulator seems to be causing crashes...

Anyone going to complain to the MS Store? It seems kind of shitty that they advertise release day delivery, but intentionally wait until the day before release before shipping it out.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are solid, I've only come across one minor issue so far but I'm not sure if it affects all the games. The issue I had was if you move the camera, one line at the top of the screen would turn green for some reason... IDK why, but its only been brief.

Kameo I also tried briefly, it seemed fine from what I played.

I also decided to preorder the collection digitally, because I felt it was worth having available on my system at all times.

Anyone going to complain to the MS Store? It seems kind of shitty that they advertise release day delivery, but intentionally wait until the day before release before shipping it out.

Wait until they fail to deliver on release day. I've had all of my preorders show up on time despite the store tracking not showing it was shipped yet.

EBE

Kazooie and Tooie run well 95% of the time but dips in framerate do happen. nothing major, they last a few seconds at most. seemingly random

Kameo's got a pretty solid framerate. no issues.

Viva Pinata and PDZ are the most uneven in this regard, although its less of an issue in VP given its laid back gameplay.

PDZ can and frequently does turn into a literal slideshow (especially in multiplayer). add in some questionable controller latency and I can understand if people want to make a case for PDZ being the worst performer of the bunch

Richie

Do ya guys know if they'll unlock this early tonight, maybe even within a few hours? I'm so so tempted to go digital...

ChrisDM

I tend to think at this point that someone's Xbox One is likely to die first, before the entire Microsoft account infrastructure shuts down.

The typical counter example would be the OG Xbox Live, but that service was not tied into the larger Microsoft ecosystem like it is now.

That is a very good point. I almost feel like unless Microsoft went under, they would get a lot of heat for deactivating the ability for someone to download their games even on an older console like the 360 when it inevitably is used by next to no one.

mneuro

Do ya guys know if they'll unlock this early tonight, maybe even within a few hours? I'm so so tempted to go digital...

I just preordered this on Xbox Live. It said it is downloaded immediately and unlocks at 12:01AM EST

Ah alright, I hadn't noticed there was story stuff. Neat!

I've played the hell out of the second Viva Pinata game, and there is zero story, and nothing that points towards any kind of story carrying over from the first game. I've only seen a tiny bit of the first game, but I didn't see any kind of story there either.

There's no real reason to play the first game anymore, to be honest. I'd rather they had included another game instead. Trouble in Paradise has more Pinatas, improved gameplay mechanics (being able to select Pinatas outside of your garden so you can look at their requirements is a huge help alone), and more. It basically feels like the original game with an expansion DLC.

If the games were short, I'd see some merit in playingbthe first, and then the second, but that's not the case; TiP would take ages to beat 100%.

As always Microsoft Store updates late but looks like it will be here on time. Was in process all day and just now UPS tracker says it is only one state over.

Docpan

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are solid, I've only come across one minor issue so far but I'm not sure if it affects all the games. The issue I had was if you move the camera, one line at the top of the screen would turn green for some reason... IDK why, but its only been brief.

Kameo I also tried briefly, it seemed fine from what I played.

I also decided to preorder the collection digitally, because I felt it was worth having available on my system at all times.

Wait, wtf??? That was a game issue?

I swear to god at the time I thought my tv was breaking so I bought a new one! And there was nothing wrong with it? Ive been Rareware'd!

It was a huge meh, single player wise, you feel like an idiot when the guide arrows pop up during levels but 15 year old me was lost as fuck when I played it 10 years ago
Wonder how 26 year old me will struggle

Multiplayer was pretty good, infected mode was my favorite , feels like it'd be a huge disadvantage since skeletons start with pistols only and the humans can buy any weapon but it is surprisingly fair

Top Bottom