• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

i asked this before in a different thread, but i dont think I got a 100% clear answer. What is happening with the achievement that needs the xbox live vision camera?

Cindro

My digital preload of Viva Pinata (which fully downloaded days ago) just started updating about five minutes ago. I thought that meant they possibly unlocked Rare Replay a bit early, but no such luck.

Fifteen minutes remain! I changed my XBone color scheme to the blue from Rare's logo in celebration.

Conker marathon here I come.

ss_lemonade

Bought at the last minute. Interesting how the only games I have on my xbox one are remasters and/or remakes (halo and this). Will probably get gears too.

Now to watch how fast or slow the downloads will go T_T

Cindro

Yeah that's what I was leaning towards. Always wanted to play them but never got the chance.

Banjo-Kazooie is arguably just as good as Super Mario 64 - just in different ways. Obviously B-K wouldn't have been possible without SM64 laying the groundwork first, so there's that, but B-K has been one of my top ten favorite games ever for many, many years. I maintain that the three Banjo games in this collection are worth the price of admission alone (with the original being the undisputed best of the trilogy).

Jump on it, son

Mupod

Digger T. Rock

I've been trying to remember the name of this game for years. Had no idea Rare made it. Every time I see Spelunky I think of this game for some reason.

Jet Force Gemini – Interstellar action adventure that mixes third-person exploration and alien-blasting action as the last three JFG members go up against Mizar.

Released in 1999.
1-4 players offline.
Optional, modern, control scheme coming after launch via patch.
4:3 aspect ratio with optional art border or native 16:9 widescreen.

Now that's interesting. If they fixed the framerate that'd be reason enough for me to get this...

Framerate on Jetforce Gemini is super depressing. I literally thought "finally I'll get to relearn these awkward as hell controls and shoot some bugs with consistent fps!" when I jumped in.

Not so much. I hope they patch this. It's ludicrous that the thing is emulating 360 games but struggles with N64 ones. I mean jesus.

welp

robotrock

Banned
Can I still buy this game if I'm not going to replay the games? There's a lot of video games in here I have never played, and if I purchased this, I'd be playing them for the first time.

Conezays

So it's up. Just been running through some snapshot modes. Anyone else's audio cutting out for during the games? It returns once back to the menus. Weird.

EBE

Can I still buy this game if I'm not going to replay the games? There's a lot of video games in here I have never played, and if I purchased this, I'd be playing them for the first time.

Nope. Sorry, buddy. It's not called Rare Play For the First Time.

SimonM7

So it's up. Just been running through some snapshot modes. Anyone else's audio cutting out for during the games? It returns once back to the menus. Weird.

It plays real weird while games are downloading. The individual menus for the games in the hub interface have super gnarly sound distortion until everything is downloaded as well.

Conezays

It plays real weird while games are downloading. The individual menus for the games in the hub interface have super gnarly sound distortion until everything is downloaded as well.

Thought I'd downloaded everything already, guess not. Thanks. Noticed Banjo needed a 544MB update as well; not sure about other 360 games at the moment.

Edit: The "update" is just option of you installing 360 games.

MrMephistoX

And just like that Xbone went to being my perfect kids console: downloading now! Seriously debating whether or not to get Disney Infinity on this or PS4 now...

dohdeaux

sure wish Amazon had release day delivery on this one...still showing a delivery date of Aug 6. I guess that explains the -$5 for Prime members price.

it should have release day delivery. I ordered it on Sunday (8/2) and it just shipped for me a few hours ago with guaranteed delivery tomorrow (day one)evening. also, a fucking $1 a game. so worth it!!!

Will be playing RC Pro Am 1 and 2 first then Cobra Triangle. They were my favs as a kid growing up.

Pro am 2 has some good ideas but the ai is an absolute pain in the ass. It's very difficult to win races at all.

I sold my copy recently. Maybe it'll be easier to play here.

ElRenoRaven

So playing Conker and yea they need some settings for these games. The stick sensitivity is a bit too high on it. If you push it all the way you can't control him too well. Also not digging the horizontal stick inversion. Right and left being reversed is screwing with my head.

RoKKeR

Banjo-Kazooie is arguably just as good as Super Mario 64 - just in different ways. Obviously B-K wouldn't have been possible without SM64 laying the groundwork first, so there's that, but B-K has been one of my top ten favorite games ever for many, many years. I maintain that the three Banjo games in this collection are worth the price of admission alone (with the original being the undisputed best of the trilogy).

Jump on it, son

Damn, alright then! Will get to that first.

ss_lemonade

So I'm playing Conker and so far, it runs like an n64 game. Some random hitches here and there but I'm pretty used to it. I just don't know how others would respond to it because its definitely not smooth all the time.

I haven't played the original version so I have no idea if it runs better or not but at least it looks really clean I guess.

Bread

Banned
man i haven't played battletoads in forever, all these memories came rushing back to me in the first level.

Bossniak

Dat Battletoads pause music.

Avgn-battletoads-pause-beat-o.gif

Poona

Serious?

That's a great reason to get it then. You get to play games you have never played.

VanWinkle

Thinking about getting this tomorrow. Can you get this and not download the 360 games? Or only download the ones you want? I have no need for PDZ or Kameo, but I wouldn't mind having Viva Pinata and BK Nuts and Bolts.

Also, are the pre-360 3D games running at 1080p 60fps, or are they just regular straight emulation?

Serious?

That's a great reason to get it then. You get to play games you have never played.

He probably means do the old games still hold up if nostalgia plays no factor in them?

ElRenoRaven

Anyone else having issues with Banjo Tooie? It says it needs an update then it just says there was a problem with the update.

*edit*

Hmm a reboot fixed it. now it isn't needing an update. hmm

ss_lemonade

Thinking about getting this tomorrow. Can you get this and not download the 360 games? Or only download the ones you want? I have no need for PDZ or Kameo, but I wouldn't mind having Viva Pinata and BK Nuts and Bolts.

Also, are the pre-360 3D games running at 1080p 60fps, or are they just regular straight emulation?
They are running of BC so yeah, straight emulation. The 360 games are separate installs so you can install the ones you want

Drago

Straight emulation (I believe they are higher-res though), except for Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Since there's no Xbox emulation that one got a special 1080p60fps port treatment.

So I've never played Battletoads before. I got to the hellish speederbike part (how do people beat this normally?). Somehow, I got a "Mega Skip" and skipped two levels. How did I do that?

Timu

Grabbed by the Ghoulies being 1080p/60FPS due to being a straight port makes me wish X1 had original Xbox backwards compatibility.=p

Timu

So I've never played Battletoads before. I got to the hellish speederbike part (how do people beat this normally?). Somehow, I got a "Mega Skip" and skipped two levels. How did I do that?
You touched a warp, that's how!!!

Also I never use warps when I play the game!!!

SURGEdude

So I'm playing Conker and so far, it runs like an n64 game. Some random hitches here and there but I'm pretty used to it. I just don't know how others would respond to it because its definitely not smooth all the time.

I haven't played the original version so I have no idea if it runs better or not but at least it looks really clean I guess.

Yeah Conker chugs here and it's hard to say for sure if it's worse than it was on 64. 64 games in general often had shitty framerates and so I was pretty desensitized to it at the time but even back then it stood out as pretty choppy which made sense considering it's release at the end of that generation .

Curious to hear something definitive about if they if they were at least able to maintain parity with a game that perhaps pushed the system a bit further than it should have but should either be faithfully replicated or 30fps at least.

It will be interesting to hear how modern gamers not used to the common high-teen framerate of many 64 games will feel and if they can adapt.

Xemnas89

I don't have it yet but I've heard a number of people criticize the framerate of the N64 games. If enough people complain I assume this is something that can be fixed with a patch but it would've been nice if the framerate was at least locked to 30.

RoKKeR

Just spent 30 fuckin minutes totally obsessed with Jetpac, the first goddamn game!

This was a good purchase. I love the menus.

Edit: Just beat the last one where you have to refuel without your gun. So intense!

Battletoads is so damn hard. It's good though. I think it holds up well after playing it for the first time. Just finished the elevator level. I don't think I could ever beat this game without rewinds.

Top Bottom