• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

i was scared best buy wouldn't ship it so i changed to in-store pick up and it'll be available for pickup tomorrow. lame! i wanted it delivered so i didn't have to go out of my way to stop at bb!

TedHub

Banned
As always Microsoft Store updates late but looks like it will be here on time. Was in process all day and just now UPS tracker says it is only one state over.

Yeah, UPS has been saying my order is done processing and Ready for UPS all day. It's shipping just 4 hours away so I'm not too concerned.

Salty Hippo

Anyone else feel like the general reception for this has been lukewarm? I expected this thread to have at least 10 pages by now.

I'm tempted to put in Perfect Dark Zero tomorrow and see if anyone is playing the multiplayer - I really hate the game but I need to justify buying the LE for $10 two years ago... :)

Wow a couple of those earlier games i had no idea were made by rare. Also pretty disappointed there is still no arcade perfect ports of killer instinct 1 & 2.

Drago

My copy shipped from Amazon a few hours ago :D

Hope it's here by 4 tomorrow when I'll have the rest of the day to dig in

daTRUballin

Anyone else feel like the general reception for this has been lukewarm? I expected this thread to have at least 10 pages by now.

I don't get how you think the reception has been lukewarm. The reviews have been very positive, and LOTS of people are paying attention to and buying this game on GAF. :/

Wow....that is really disappointing to not see games that people have really wanted to see. Things like Banjo X and the different versions of Banjo 3 that led to Nuts and Bolts or Conker's Quest/Twelve Tales. Project Dream? Killer Instinct 2 SNES?

I imagine Nintendo makes this impossible, but seeing Dinosaur Planet or Donkey Kong Racing would be awesome too.

I'm excited to see what they have to show, but this was a perfect chance for them to show some things fans have been very interested in for years, in some cases decades.

Sojiro

I forgot that Rare did RC Pro Am, such a great classic NES game, got a lot of hours into that one. Gotta give some love to Snake Rattle and Roll, seriously one of my favorite NES games that I feel is an overlooked gem. So much awesome value on one disc. Never knew they did Cobra Triangle though (or just forgot I suppose), I remember renting that game and liking it, but don't think I ever rented it again after that one rental back in the day.

Justinh

I'm really excited about this. I got the email that my shipment will be here tomorrow and I totally forgot all about the gamescom stuff until I got to gaf.

I saw this in a Stephen Totilo article and it made me laugh.
Fun fact: thanks to this collection, there are now more Nintendo 64 classics available to play on Xbox One than there are on the “virtual console” service on Nintendo’s own Wii U console. Shameful, Nintendo. Shameful.

I'm not sure if I want to play Battletoads or Conker first. I've only played Conker like...once at a friend's house back in high school and I wasn't feeling it even though he kept pushing it. I just don't think i wanted to give it a chance because I wanted to do more 4 player Goldeneye or Quake 2
Quake 2 CTF on n64 was crazy fun

All of them, I believe. It is earning the highest rank in the game, I thought?
Wow that really screwed with my head I saw "title" as being a game itself not an achievement. So I guess you get this as a "platinum" of sorts after completing all the other achievements/ getting all stamps/pictures in the collection thing. and I thought it was an achievement for doing everything basically and getting a super duper secret game unlocked.

Jarrod38

Watching the Gametrailers stream and playing Battletoads and using the rewind feature on the tunnel part is awesome.

Does this game give me a license to the Games on Demand versions of 360 games for use on the actual 360, or is it locked to One BC mode?

Chucker

Watching the Gametrailers stream and playing Battletoads and using the rewind feature on the tunnel part is awesome.

The fact that they're playing 2 players is a huge hindrance in that game. I'm sure either one of them alone would have cleared that forever ago, lol.

All I've been playing is Jetpac. Why is this game so fun? lol.

Have all the achievements for it except the "Rack up 250,000 points over time." I'm at 66% with that...but it's time to move on to another game!

Ramirez

How is Jet Force Gemini faring in terms of frame rate?

I asked this earlier, doesn't seem anyone is playing it, lol.

JFG is like the only game on this collection I didn't play extensively aside from the really early stuff. I'd like to know if the port is good or not.

Jarrod38

The fact that they're playing 2 players is a huge hindrance in that game. I'm sure either one of them alone would have cleared that forever ago, lol.

It's been since the 1990s since I played Battletoads and I still remember it being hard with two players.

Jarrod38

All I've been playing is Jetpac. Why is this game so fun? lol.

Have all the achievements for it except the "Rack up 250,000 points over time." I'm at 66% with that...but it's time to move on to another game!

The GT guys played it for a bit and everyone look smooth but they only played for like 10 minutes.

JeanPi

Banned
Will be buying this as soon as I get home from my work trip, love all these games.

Does anyone know why they didn't use the xbox version of conkers? Did they realize that the N64 version is better despite the worse graphics?

The Xbox version was censored, so there's that. Also, i found the N64's version multiplayer to be better.

SimonM7

Framerate on Jetforce Gemini is super depressing. I literally thought "finally I'll get to relearn these awkward as hell controls and shoot some bugs with consistent fps!" when I jumped in.

Not so much. I hope they patch this. It's ludicrous that the thing is emulating 360 games but struggles with N64 ones. I mean jesus.

NateDrake

I don't know if he had a preview version or if Rare have maybe fixed some of the issues, but I've been playing Blastcorps for 1 hour so far and haven't had a single crash/freeze or noticeable fps drop.

In my playtime with the game the frame-rate slowed a few times. Nothing game breaking or long lasting, but it was noticeable.

Ramirez

Framerate on Jetforce Gemini is super depressing. I literally thought "finally I'll get to relearn these awkward as hell controls and shoot some bugs with consistent fps!" when I jumped in.

Not so much. I hope they patch this. It's ludicrous that the thing is emulating 360 games but struggles with N64 ones. I mean jesus.

welp

Damn. That sucks.

EYEL1NER

My copy gets here tomorrow. I ordered yesterday afternoon and release day shipping wasn't advertised on the page anymore but the UPS tracking finally updated just now. $20.00 after Golden Crisp coupon, $15 back in MS Points, and speedy delivery.
I cannot wait. I never played Conker's Bad Fur Day (only Conker's game I played was the GBC game), so that will probably be where I start.

RoKKeR

Finally gave in, downloading now.

Haven't played a single game in the collection. (I know) Where do I start??

Top Bottom