• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy |OT| Rip your PS3 a new one

krae_man

I'm pretty sure UYA had quick select pause on the PS2. But not in HD release, it seems. Or maybe my version is glitched?

Man I got hit a lot in the first game forgetting Quick Select Pause wasn't in that game. Currently working on Going Commando. It's crazy what you remember. I'm only like 4 planets in and I already have like 6 titanium bolts.

NBtoaster

I'm pretty sure UYA had quick select pause on the PS2. But not in HD release, it seems. Or maybe my version is glitched?

I believe it's a glitch, if you play multiplayer, then go back to single player without resetting you wont have quick select pause in single player, and can't get it back on that file.

Shtof

I believe it's a glitch, if you play multiplayer, then go back to single player without resetting you wont have quick select pause in single player, and can't get it back on that file.
Lol first thing I did was to try mp since I never got to play it on the double. How do I fix it then?

gblues

Banned
Looking forward to when this hits the States. I've been trying to play All 4 One, but I'm not enjoying it. It bothers me that, even in single-player mode, it insists on making it look like I'm setting up a multiplayer game. Why am I choosing "create game" when I'm continuing my existing game?

Highly likely yes. They are sold individually on the EU store. As are the Sly, Jak, God of War, Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Splitter Cell etc games. The R&C games sell for £11.99 each or £23.99 for all 3 (About $15 each I reckon since the collection is selling for $30 in US). Though I dunno why you wouldn't want all 3 together.

Wait $15 each but $30 for the whole collection? Arghhh I really want 3 but I kinda really want them all haha.
I'm still so salty all you EU players already are playing it

Toppot

Wait $15 each but $30 for the whole collection? Arghhh I really want 3 but I kinda really want them all haha.
I'm still so salty all you EU players already are playing it
As James has said pricing hasn't been decided on yet. You might get them for $10 each. Don't be too salty only takes a few days to platinum them all and the online isn't a great port.

wouwie

As a fan of the ps3 games, it's great to play the first games in this fantastic franchise since i had never played them before.

Im currently playing the first game and i'm having a lot of fun in general but the checkpoint/save system is frustrating. I just finished the Qwark test parcours and was about to start on the boss battle of that level. So i took a break and saved the game just to be sure.

Upon loading my save game, i'm again at the start of the level and have to redo the complete level again. Which basically means you have to play the whole level without ever leaving the game or you have to restart all over again? Not fun and seriously not motivating to continue. Checkpoints/save points need not be too generous but this is just frustrating.

Number45

Upon loading my save game, i'm again at the start of the level and have to redo the complete level again. Which basically means you have to play the whole level without ever leaving the game or you have to restart all over again? Not fun and seriously not motivating to continue. Checkpoints/save points need not be too generous but this is just frustrating.
It's been a while, but that sounds right. Checkpoints cover you within a session, but you need to finish that level to be able to continue your progress after a load.

NBtoaster

As a fan of the ps3 games, it's great to play the first games in this fantastic franchise since i had never played them before.

Im currently playing the first game and i'm having a lot of fun in general but the checkpoint/save system is frustrating. I just finished the Qwark test parcours and was about to start on the boss battle of that level. So i took a break and saved the game just to be sure.

There are transports to checkpoints that stay activated in most levels after you quit. For example on that level there is telporter from the start of the level to the boss fight (it's on the island your ship is on).

G0523

Looking forward to when this hits the States. I've been trying to play All 4 One, but I'm not enjoying it. It bothers me that, even in single-player mode, it insists on making it look like I'm setting up a multiplayer game. Why am I choosing "create game" when I'm continuing my existing game?

I know what you mean! I bought the game for $10 and even though it was five hours long, I just couldn't finish it. It was just so boring! All 4 One is like Ratchet & Clank Lite. After 10 years of the series, we really didn't need a Lite version of the games. I immediately sold it for like $8 but I didn't care, I just wanted it gone. I was also really surprised to find an online pass code in the instruction manual. What does this game need an online pass for?!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I know what you mean! I bought the game for $10 and even though it was five hours long, I just couldn't finish it. It was just so boring! All 4 One is like Ratchet & Clank Lite. After 10 years of the series, we really didn't need a Lite version of the games. I immediately sold it for like $8 but I didn't care, I just wanted it gone. I was also really surprised to find an online pass code in the instruction manual. What does this game need an online pass for?!

All 4 One? To play online with friends?

Or HD Collection? because Up Your Arsenal's online is restored?

wouwie

There are transports to checkpoints that stay activated in most levels after you quit. For example on that level there is telporter from the start of the level to the boss fight (it's on the island your ship is on).

Thanks for the tip. I'm aware of the teleport transport but i didn't know it had the option to go to that boss battle.

G0523

All 4 One? To play online with friends?

Or HD Collection? because Up Your Arsenal's online is restored?

I'm sorry but this has the obvious answer: Get the HD Collection. Even if you play with up to three other people offline or online in A4O, you'll all be bored. With the HD Collection, you'll have THREE FULL TERRIFIC R&C games, including one that you can play online and have a fun time with!

Tagg9

Have they released the North American boxart yet? It seems strange that there is nothing three weeks out from release. I'm starting to suspect that the cover will have some kind of sticker saying "redeemable voucher for Deadlocked". Or at least I can hope. :D

Toppot

Have they released the North American boxart yet? It seems strange that there is nothing three weeks out from release. I'm starting to suspect that the cover will have some kind of sticker saying "redeemable voucher for Deadlocked". Or at least I can hope. :D
They haven't yet. Should be soon.

Toppot

very soon
Like today?

7707117242_15c4829a13.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/06/never-stop-playing-with-playstation-collections/

Green armour and orange n90 clash and doesn't look right to me =/, the gold cog also makes the cover look bad and its a lame collection, no ToD ACiT or Q4B? That's not a collection worthy to stand up to the GoW or Infamous one really. I feel bad for you America, all this time for that cover and a Sly 4 demo instead of Deadlocked. Games are still excellent to play though.

Any chance it will get a nicer reverse cover? I do however like the overall image on white subtle background with gold theme through these collections. The top of the inFamous one is awful to though.

I actually like this new streamlined collection cover. It's huge step up from those horrid 3 covers cramped into one thing. And how lucky, no horrible move logo fucking up the top.

Has there been any info on Deadlocked's details yet?

DonMigs85

Are there any regional differences? I'm tempted to pick it up from the HK PS Store rather than wait for the US release.

DonMigs85

Anyone? Just hoping they didn't sanitize the humor or violence or anything.
I know outside the US, the sequels were just called 2 and 3.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Anyone? Just hoping they didn't sanitize the humor or violence or anything.
I know outside the US, the sequels were just called 2 and 3.

Locked and Loaded and 3, actually.

I'm not aware of any differences but in this situation, don't take my word for it

nny

Just came across a nasty bug in R&C2; after upgrading my last weapon, a bunch of weapons became unavailable, and the quick select menu looks like this:

DSC07904.jpg

Bunch of unavailable items, items I haven't bought yet showing up (if I select them the console freezes), the gravity boots among the weapons...if I select "Weapons" on the pause menu the console freezes up as well. I was planning on 100% the game; I don't know if I'll be able now.

Toppot

Locked and Loaded and 3, actually.

I'm not aware of any differences but in this situation, don't take my word for it
It is mostly called Locked and Loaded (Or the translated title), in some countries where the game was not translated into that countries language, like South Africa, I believe it retained 2, also some platinum versions of the game were branded with 2. In Japan they got both, the number and the subtitle.

Just came across a nasty bug in R&C2; after upgrading my last weapon, a bunch of weapons became unavailable, and the quick select menu looks like this:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/toofhairy/DSC07904.jpg[IMG]

Bunch of unavailable items, items I haven't bought yet showing up (if I select them the console freezes), the gravity boots among the weapons...if I select "Weapons" on the pause menu the console freezes up as well. I was planning on 100% the game; I don't know if I'll be able now.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried turning off the console and reloading your last save? Or an old save if you happen to have one? Does going to the weapons vendor make a difference? Looks like they are normal upgrades. If you can beat the final boss and start again in challenge mode you may be able to buy the mega versions and be ok. Maybe if you save up money and buy the Ryno2 you will be ok.

I would also make a copy of the save file if you can, maybe James would be able to pass it on and Idol Minds so they can see what the problem is. Haven't seen the bug pop up else where.

NBtoaster

I've seen that bug posted in other places. Models get switched and after loading the game may freeze when you land on another planet. Major bug, the save is screwed (unless you haven't saved since).

nny

Hm, I kept playing a bit and the console froze when I was about to use a swingshot.

Have you tried turning off the console and reloading your last save? Or an old save if you happen to have one? Does going to the weapons vendor make a difference? Looks like they are normal upgrades. If you can beat the final boss and start again in challenge mode you may be able to buy the mega versions and be ok. Maybe if you save up money and buy the Ryno2 you will be ok.

I would also make a copy of the save file if you can, maybe James would be able to pass it on and Idol Minds so they can see what the problem is. Haven't seen the bug pop up else where.

I have turned off the console a few times (when the game freezes I need to do a console reset), and reloading the save changes nothing. In an older save the bug is gone.

The vendor changes nothing; some of the weapons that became unavailable disappear completely from the vendor and an item I haven't bought yet shows up there as an option to buy ammo for it.

I'm already on challenge mode; I have almost enough for the Ryno, I'm curious to see if the trophy will unlock or if it will crash again.

If it's of any interest, I can definitely pass the save file along.

Tuck

These three games are extremely important to me. Alongside Twilight Princess, I credit them with revitalizing my love of videogames. Those games are the reasons I beat games today, rather than play halfway through and give up.

They're three of my favourite videogames of all time. I still remember playing the first Ratchet, and not really liking it at first. But I pushed onto Metropolis and then something just clicked. By the end of the game I was in love. I never beat the second game... my save file crashed three worlds before the end. I was pretty heart broken at that. I still wonder what I missed out on. The third game was great too - I didn't like *quite* it as much as the second, but it was pretty damn great all the same. I do wish Insomniac put more effort into their continuity though.

I own all four PS2 titles, so I'm not sure if I will buy this. Maybe when it drops low in price, since this will likely be the ideal version to play on. I do hope to replay the series one day, though I'm a bit tied up with other games at the moment.

I may not have liked ACiT that much but I still have so much love for this franchise. I tip my hat to Insomniac.

I've seen that bug posted in other places. Models get switched and after loading the game may freeze when you land on another planet. Major bug, the save is screwed (unless you haven't saved since).

That's going to keep me from buying this until I hear it's patched. Way too much bug talk with this collection.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
That's going to keep me from buying this until I hear it's patched. Way too much bug talk with this collection.

I think this is a little overblown because horrific incidences like that always result in forum posts (even if they are VERY VERY low rates of reproduction). You can always keep a couple saves too.

And on top of that, you have far more people playing this collection than most of these collections usually have, so you also get a bit of a higher rate of reports as well.

Bladenic

Damn straight it is!

Oh great, well despite the fact that I shouldn't be spending money, classes started, and I have tons of other games in my backlog to clear, I'm not cancelling. Love this series and really been looking forwarding to replaying these games. Bring it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Disappointed that opaque answers are the hallmark of modern-day community management. Come on J -- is that really the best you can do without putting your job on the line?

What I can say is that I really hope Deadlocked eventually gets an HD port, and in my ideal world, it would've already happened and been a pre-order or first-run bonus, but that as always, the ideal world isn't the real world and sometimes it's harder/takes longer to get things done than it first appears.

sh4mike

What I can say is that I really hope Deadlocked eventually gets an HD port, and in my ideal world, it would've already happened and been a pre-order or first-run bonus, but that as always, the ideal world isn't the real world and sometimes it's harder/takes longer to get things done than it first appears.
OK, I like you again. Carry on.

DonMigs85

We need to assemble an angry mob to complain about the lack of a US PS Store bundle. I already loaded $50 in my account in preparation for it. GRRRR

Edgeward

Man, James, you got to let us know that this game was coming out tomorrow way sooner. I freaked out when got a fraud alert call and couldn't recognize a 29.96 charge from amazon, since I preordered this ages ago but never knew the date. I had already closed my card and asked for a new one before realizing what it was later in the day.

Oh well, should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to experiencing these for the 1st time.

Zertez

I just got finished playing Tools of Destruction and Im halfway through A Crack in Time. Im curious how these games hold up next to the recent games on the PS3, All 4 One excluded. Ive had a lot of fun with ToD and CiT, so picking this up seems like a no brainer. Are these games as much fun as the new games or is it more nostalgia and wanting to play them in HD?

cacophony

I just got finished playing Tools of Destruction and Im halfway through A Crack in Time. Im curious how these games hold up next to the recent games on the PS3, All 4 One excluded. Ive had a lot of fun with ToD and CiT, so picking this up seems like a no brainer. Are these games as much fun as the new games or is it more nostalgia and wanting to play them in HD?

Just as fun. If you like ToD and CiT you will like these

Top Bottom