• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Jungle Run revealed

I'm not sure why I didn't pick this up before but this game is awesome and looks as good as the 360 version as far as I'm concerned.

Are there any levels or music that aren't in Origins?

Shiggy

I'm surprised that they bothered to include the terrible collision detection of Rayman Origins in this title. Still quite a nice game; after playing half of the levels I'd give it a 6/10 because it's fun and one of the best Android games I've played!

Shiggy

So finished the game, I really enjoyed it and would also buy a sequel. It's well worth its price.

+ great graphics
+ fun levels
+ different gameplay elements

- some bugs, especially in the last stage
- collision detection / visual clarity
- mapping to actions to virtual buttons is just a bit troublesome ... the well-known problems of touch controls

One could say that it's far too easy and that it's fairly short, but then again, it cost only €2.39.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Is there an 'ending' to this? I got all the lums on all the levels and finished the Livid Dead ones and it just went back to the menu. Just making sure I haven't missed something!

I also had some very slight problems with the touch controls - sometimes the kick wouldn't activate when I was pressing it - but it only seemed to be an issue in the final level. Otherwise a fantastic game, and the first (only?) one to sell me on touch screen controls since Monsters Ate My Condo.

Dragnet

Pastagames ‏@pastagames
@tsozik @raymangame @ubisoft Patch done, Waiting for QA. Retina and & 16:9 handled correctly. Looks niice. Stay tuned ;)

Can't be long now, that was from the 3rd Oct.

LaneDS

Pastagames ‏@pastagames
@tsozik @raymangame @ubisoft Patch done, Waiting for QA. Retina and & 16:9 handled correctly. Looks niice. Stay tuned ;)

Can't be long now, that was from the 3rd Oct.

Awesome, looking forward to playing it. Bought and played through most of the running stages thinking it looked pretty bad and then found out it was bugged on the 5, so I've held off since then.

Say, since I have no power at home, I had decided to buy this to play while I can't get my computer up. But while I can see that it's still on sale, it is not listed when I search for it on the "Play Store". My phone runs Android 2.3.5, which is higher than the minimum requirements for the game, but it's not showing up anywhere. All I see are two "fan apps" based on the game.

Any suggestions? What would happen if I buy it via that above link? Would it magically push to my phone?

Been playing this a bit on my Galaxy S2. One of the best mobile games I've played, easily.

Looks nice. Fun to 100% each level. Good music. Touch controls work because it's so simple.

Shepard

Say, since I have no power at home, I had decided to buy this to play while I can't get my computer up. But while I can see that it's still on sale, it is not listed when I search for it on the "Play Store". My phone runs Android 2.3.5, which is higher than the minimum requirements for the game, but it's not showing up anywhere. All I see are two "fan apps" based on the game.

Any suggestions? What would happen if I buy it via that above link? Would it magically push to my phone?

Yep. I've done this lots of times. Just make sure to check if its compatible with your current phone (the information appears right below the icon image) and buy it from there. I think it isn't compatible , though.

Lijik

Bumping this thread because theres an update out right now with ten new holiday themed (i think) stages.
Waiting for the update to download so I dont have any impressions, and I have an iphone so I dont know if the update is out for android devices

EDIT- Oh wow they added the option to buy skins to play as Globox and stuff since the last time i played this

DenisQc

Bumping this thread because theres an update out right now with ten new holiday themed (i think) stages.
Waiting for the update to download so I dont have any impressions, and I have an iphone so I dont know if the update is out for android devices

EDIT- Oh wow they added the option to buy skins to play as Globox and stuff since the last time i played this

still nothing on android ...

Agent X

From another thread here, regarding the Android version of the game:

Ah man. I just upgraded Rayman Jungle Run on my Nexus 10 and it not only deleted all of my progress, it also added a few minor glitches that weren't there before (1 pixel wide white vertical line on the left side of the screen).

Definitely not worth the extra holiday levels. :'(

The latest Rayman update wiped my progress?!

Since yesterday, the game's entry on the Google Play market has a lot of newly created 1-star reviews, from angry customers who noted that the game deletes all previous game progress without warning the user first.

I noticed that my Nexus 7 automatically downloaded the update. I'm afraid to play it now, as I was nearly finished with the game.

Any reason why Ubisoft did this? I hope this was just a mere glitch, and not intentional. I hope they could possibly fix this in the future, because I doubt I'll be playing again until then.

So glad the iOS update was problem-free. I'm loving the new stages! This has been my best gaming value since Tiny Wings. Probably 20 hours played on this little $2.99 game, lol!

nib95

Banned
Picked this up on my Galaxy S3 (£1.99). Bargain. Absolutely stunning visuals, pin sharp. Runs super smooth and the gameplay is simple but addictive. Great buy.

Agent X

About 3 weeks ago, I saw some reports that there was an update to the Android version of game that had a bug, and would delete the user's saved game data. I didn't want to risk losing data myself, so I decided not to play again until a further update resolving this issue was made available.

I noticed last week that the description on the Google Play store was updated, to say that they fixed the problem. However, it didn't download an update that day--the last update that I got prior to the description change was about 2 or 3 days earlier--and I never saw any prompt to update after that point.

I figured I'd take a chance, and loaded up the game yesterday.

GOOD NEWS! My previous save data remained intact, and I was able to resume right where I left off.

So, if you had the game for Android, and held off on playing while waiting for the update, I am happy to report that it's safe to play the game again.

Top Bottom