• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends - Eye Of The Tiger Trailer

Duffyside

Banned
Yeah, no... you are wrong. Its a rhythm stage and the running is not automatic, you have all the moves at your disposition as when you are playing the normal stages.

The normal stages maybe, but these "rhythm stages" are endless runners, clearly. They could be played on a phone. Even if they do make you "hold the left stick to the right" for the whole thing, so what? What happens when you don't? The music keeps playing, the stage keeps panning, and you die?

Chronoja

The normal stages maybe, but these "rhythm stages" are endless runners, clearly. They could be played on a phone. Even if they do make you "hold the left stick to the right" for the whole thing, so what? What happens when you don't? The music keeps playing, the stage keeps panning, and you die?

They are no different from the shard/chest levels in origins. It's essentially a fast auto scrolling level since if you fall behind, yes, you will die. All they've done is tie music beats to the obstacles and made it rather unique.

Shahadan

So Mario World and any auto scrolling levels ever could be played on a phone and are worthless?

Shahadan

The game has been sitting on my amazon for 40-44€ for a long while now, even when it was close to launch, it's weird. Will it be priced cheaper than Origins?

Duffyside

Banned
They are no different from the shard/chest levels in origins. It's essentially a fast auto scrolling level since if you fall behind, yes, you will die. All they've done is tie music beats to the obstacles and made it rather unique.

I didn't think the red teeth levels were all that great either, and not really, because the harder levels there involved things like going under water, where you would have to have precise control of the character to maneuver.

Also, to clarify, we could put Vanquish on a phone... it just would be terrible. So when I say "this could be on a phone," I just mean it would also work as well, and therefore I find it to be shallow. I don't even know why I said "swipe up to jump," that's bad design. It'd be tap to jump, swipe any direction to punch. You could play this and the Bad Betty level with literally one finger on a phone.

So Mario World and any auto scrolling levels ever could be played on a phone and are worthless?

What are you talking about? When I think of Mario World I think of using Yoshi, of timing the cape flying, of the star worlds, etc. I couldn't do any of that with a single finger.

Epic Drop

John Harker leaked Rayman Legends going multiplat and Watch_Dogs going to WiiU, so I'm inclined to believe him that Legends is coming to Vita

I'd be very exited if that ends up being true. I played origins on the vita and loved it, and I would prefer to play legends on the vita as well.

Game looks awesome!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome trailer, I love this kind of game. I'm glad that more levels were added, should make the wait worth it.

Pretty much is now lol

If there's no announcement... I will come for you.

EDIT: Oh wait, it was a GAFfer who said it would come to Vita, and he is reliable too. I guess my possible quest for revenge will have to be allocated to someone else.

Top Bottom