• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins |OT| The Rebirth

Ken

Oh, did not know this has co-op. Might have to pick this up now. Hopefully it sells well despite it landing on the same day as Halo:CEA and Saints Row 3.

Day 1 for me. I never get tired of 2D platformers.
EDIT: Oh crap, I thought this was coming out the following week, will have to wait for paycheck to buy (may find another way, time to start number crunching).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Ubisoft is sending this game to die if they release it the same day as the other big games, it won't sell well as they (and me too).

But still, it's Rayman! I can't wait for this. I am seriously considering getting this before Skyrim (don't judge me).

Silex

This game looks so.. beautiful. Can't afford it to buy at full price unfortunately...
But those screens look amazing. Can't wait for the demo.

The Lamp

Wait so this is a disc release? If it's going to be the full $60/50...Unless that was totally a joke.
Gonna ask for this for Christmas :)

Befindlichkeit

Neo Member
I've not played rayman in like 15 years. Seriously considering canceling my pre order for war in the north and picking this up instead.

Oh the nostalgia. I want more nostalgia...

The Lamp said:
Wait so this is a disc release? If it's going to be the full $60/50...Unless that was totally a joke.
Gonna ask for this for Christmas :)

No, it's true. Instead of doing the game in episodes like originally planned they delayed it instead and made it into a fully fleshed out game.

Jb

Net_Wrecker said:
Ughhhh @ local co-op only. That's enough to make me wait for a price drop, sorry Rayman.
Gotta agree with you there. I'm hyped for this but for a full price cooperative platformer to lack online play is pretty ridiculous, at least on non-Nintendo consoles.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
iNvidious01 said:
why are they releasing it so it has to compete with juggernauts, its silly
It must be in Ancel's contract with Ubisoft to always released his stuff the EXACT same week as massive bloated budget blockbusters.

.la1n

entrement said:
Never played any Rayman games. Should I play them before trying this out?

Really any of them are fantastic but you do not NEED to play them in order to understand what is going on. Also local co-op is just fine, if it worked for NSMBWii - not everything needs a multiplayer bullet on the box nowadays to be purchase worthy but I digress..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
.la1n said:
Really any of them are fantastic but you do not NEED to play them in order to understand what is going on. Also local co-op is just fine, if it worked for NSMBWii - not everything needs a multiplayer bullet on the box nowadays to be purchase worthy but I digress..
It helps when you're referring to the HD twins.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
This will be my go to game inbetween my mammoth Skyrim and Zelda sessions. 1080p and 60 fps as well? Glorious.

Tizoc

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Which version of Rayman 1 on PSN do you recommend I get? PAL or US/NTSC?
Sorry for asking such an odd question, but with this baby coming out I feel like replaying the original one lol.

wouwie

Very much looking forward to trying out the demo. If it's as fun as i hope it will be, then day one for me. It's been ages since i wanted a game like this to appear on PS3. It looks stunning. If the visuals are matched with fun gameplay, then it will be a winner in my book and something i'll gladly support with my money.

daffy

Banned
Pardon, the stuff about the three phases :

Does that mean replaying it three times or just three parts to the story ???

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
FTH said:
Does that mean replaying it three times or just three parts to the story ???

During the second phase, you basically start over but you can do the levels in any order. It's not clear if you have to replay all of the levels, or just a certain amount to unlock the third phase, so we'll have to wait on reviews for more info.

Shiggy

AniHawk said:
yeah so it's too bad both will have to wait, but this is the game of the year.

Rayman Origins can wait as that's the first one to see a major price drop
to 20 €

daffy

Banned
Snuggler said:
During the second phase, you basically start over but you can do the levels in any order. It's not clear if you have to replay all of the levels, or just a certain amount to unlock the third phase, so we'll have to wait on reviews for more info.
I see, thanks.

I had no idea this was retail. Way to go Ubisoft.

I played this with my wife and another couple at Comicon and it was a very frantic, frustrating, confusing but visually pleasing, clevery laid out and fun experience.

My only gripe is that I LOVED the slower more moody music themes from the first Rayman and I have yet to hear anything from this one that sounds even close to the same style.

Xater

Wow this game is coming out at a really bad time. I actually totally forgot this game was coming out. Sadly one of those games that will have to wait to be bought at a low price.

This game looks amazing!

I do worry that the price point and the release date between other major releases will hurt its sales though. I think it's worth the price but $60 is still a bit much.

Also, I'd love to see Nintendo make a Mario game like this. It' probably won't happen, but maybe they'll see this and try to do something similar for the Wii U.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
This game looks amazing!

I do worry that the price point and the release date between other major releases will hurt its sales though. I think it's worth the price but $60 is still a bit much.

Also, I'd love to see Nintendo make a Mario game like this. It' probably won't happen, but maybe they'll see this and try to do something similar for the Wii U.
Like New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Top Bottom