• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins screens. Christmas 2010 release for PSN/XBLA [Delayed?]

Jeels said:
Will definitely buy if the pricing is good. It just looks so nice. Those don't even look like screens, they look like art.

Doubt it willbe 400 MS Points, more likely 800 or 1200 per episode. I'm going to go out on a limb and say 800 MS Points per episode. If they price it any higher it's going to be very expensive to buy all the episodes (however many there are).

mrwilt

Are we getting the editor too with the first episode? Hope so. The game looks incredible. Need to dig out my Dreamcast copy of Rayman2 and play it again.

Adam J.

The rest of the year is going to be a 2D love-fest. I'll be playing Shank, Limbo, Scott Pilgrim, Epic Yarn and Rayman, all by the end of the year. It's like I've died and gone to heaven.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
thank you lord for letting us have developers who still believe in good ol 2d-gaming in this age of 3d-hysteria, be it the games or the tech

I'm gonna buy this game 10 times over

Diablohead said:
That's what I expect in my mind when I look at these and toki, which is fine to me.

Yeah I don't hate it, but I do kind of wish it was less paper doll-ish. But it doesn't come out for awhile, so who knows, they might smooth some of that out.

Pydte

Looks amazing! This is, hopefully, the game I've been waiting for for almost 15 years. The original Rayman still ranks as one of my favourite 2D-platformers.

NathanPGibson said:
Doubt it willbe 400 MS Points, more likely 800 or 1200 per episode. I'm going to go out on a limb and say 800 MS Points per episode. If they price it any higher it's going to be very expensive to buy all the episodes (however many there are).
I see what you did there.

Mihku

Trailer and screenshots look absolutely fabulous. Let's just hope it's not as insanely difficult as the original. Very frustrating as a young gamer, and probably still too difficult if I tried to complete it again these days.

Radogol

digita1alchemy said:
It looks good in stills, but it animates like a flash game.

I believe that's part of the UbiArt framework. From what I understand, the idea behind the tools is to be able to create games with as little artwork as possible.

Link Man

Banned
digita1alchemy said:
It looks good in stills, but it animates like a flash game.
Well then, it won't be too different from the original in that regard.

I've only played the first Rayman, and the one complaint I had was that the controls were WAY too loose. I'm wondering if they'll be the same for this game...

looks beautiful, but can't unsee elbow balls

ra53pf.png

Link Man

Banned
Taking another look at the trailer, the controls do seem a bit tighter. However, I also noticed that Rayman's punches no longer shoot like bullets, kind of defeating the point of a limbless hero.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Chittagong said:
Screenshots?

All I see is absolutely gorgeous concept art... wait, those ARE the screens?!?!
This.

All I can say is that this is one of the games that made E3 worthwhile for me, even if these screenshots aren't really that new, they confirm just how damn gorgeous this game is.

While I am hoping for a PC (Steam) release, I will buy this on pretty much any platform if I need to, there is no way I am not getting this day 0. UBI|art| indeed.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
NathanPGibson said:

...and?
Nintendo's new Kirby & Donkey Kong games will be $50 & probably no better than this.

ampere

Yesssssss
XBLA/PSN means it'll be $20 or less, probably $10 or $15. I'll try the demo first but I'm excited!

ampere

Link Man said:
It's episodic, though.
Yeah but chances are I'll get the first, play it and love it and lose interest in sequels. I prefer short varied experiences for the most part.

Although I could end up craving more, who knows

taoofjord

The artwork is insanely gorgeous but I'm worried after watching the trailer that the characters will move like a cheap flash game. I want the movement to feel fluid and have at least a little intertia. Please don't let me down, ubisoft!

It looks beautiful, but the episodic thing is really annoying.

I don't know, maybe I'll buy the complete super edition later on, or when episodes go on sale.

Top Bottom