• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman's a trophy in Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS...Wait, WHAT?!

AdanVC

O______O R-Rayman!? On Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS!?The most unexpected third party character to appear on this game tbh, even as a trophy. Especially considering this is from a non-Japanese franchise.

Unfortunately that was thrown out the window the moment Pac-Man was in the game, who has even less to do with Nintendo than Rayman.

???

Pac-Man has appeared any every Nintendo console since his inception and even had a collaboration game directly made by Miyamoto (Vs.). PacMan World Series was also one of the few major third party sellers on the GameCube. Rayman has also seen major presence on all systems since the Game Boy Color.

Happy to see Rayman make it in some form. I wonder if these means more Third Party trophies. I'd love to see some Castlevania references. :)

Drago

What the hell???

I remember John Harker saying Ubisoft wanted Rayman in Smash Bros. Something like that... Maybe this is a compromise.

Rlan

324913-rabbid.jpg

Calling it.

catmario

What have you done ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAKURAI!!!

RAYMAN is ONLY ON TROPHY?

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't decide which is a more exciting prospect: Ubisoft having a playable rep or third party trophies outside of repped games being a thing. On the first account there are definitely some neat characters Ubisoft could contribute
*DesmondMilessCough*
and on the second it would be all sorts of neat to have indie developers get their own trophies for their properties. Things like Cave Story or Shovel Knight being forever remembered in Smash Bros., even just as a collectable, would be beyond cool.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I can't decide which is a more exciting prospect: Ubisoft having a playable rep or third party trophies outside of repped games being a thing. On the first account there are definitely some neat characters Ubisoft could contribute
*DesmondMilessCough*
and on the second it would be all sorts of neat to have indie developers get their own trophies for their properties. Things like Cave Story or Shovel Knight being forever remembered in Smash Bros., even just as a collectable, would be beyond cool.

If a Ubisoft character was playable it definitely wouldn't be from Assassin's Creed, the series barely has any representation on Nintendo systems.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
wait what

Is this the first time a 3rd party got a trophy-only representation? I recall Melee had them too.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
This is so bizarre.

Wonder if there are any other 3rd-party franchises being repped only by trophies, or if this is just a result of Ubisoft trying to get Rayman in as a playable character.

Top Bottom